So I'm here thanks to the Diablo 3 beta....

"
Hi, and welcome! I came here for exactly the same reason -- got access to the D3 beta a while back, played it a lot, enjoyed it a lot...and then realised it wasn't really doing it for me. That 'it' that made Diablo 1 and Diablo 2 work, that also made Titan Quest and for a while Torchlight work too.

Then came the changes. The rune system, for a start. Don't get me started. Seriously.

Anyway, when I found Path of Exile, it was invite-only. You had to somehow beg a key on here or wait for the ticker to show you some love. Just after getting a key I wrote about it all (now in the off-topic board) and there was some surprising....very surprising discussion as a result. Let me tell you: the community here is amazing. The devs interact with the players, for a start. Disagreements do occur between players but for the most part they rarely devolve into out-right flame wars. I still can't grasp how it works, because every other forum I've been on or just seen has had some godawful trollery going on. With increasing dissent towards D3, perhaps more and more people will come here and the relative harmony will be lost. Who knows? All I know is, as long as new folk come here with open minds and a desire to let Wraeclast rip them to shreds repeatedly, I'm all-too-happy to chat with 'em.

And there should be more people! As I said before, when I got here, you had to jump through hoops to get in. Now, however, you can just pre-purchase $10 worth of cash shop credit and get a key. Just like that.

...I do occasionally give out keys if I get them, but for the most part I believe people should acknowledge that Grinding Gear Games put their everything into this little beast. What's $10 compared to the life's savings the founder of GGG put in, or the hundreds of thousands it likely cost to develop this game so far?

I can guarantee this won't be the worst $10 you've ever spent.

See you in-game soon? :)

DONT WORRY CHARAN I BROUGHT MY TROLLERY TROLLEY AND ITS FULL OF DIRTY TRICKS :D

"
"
bigmike4sale wrote:
Welcome to the community! I think you'll find that the Path of Exile community is more mature than the D3 one. With all the popularity Blizzard has now, it's no longer trying to make quality games for gamers. It now has to make dumbed down, superficial, cartoony experiences for the largest amount of people to play. I think you'll agree with me when I say PoE's game systems seem much more compelling.

I take exception to this for the most part. I've played the PoE beta, and it's excellent. I've also been playing the open weekend for D3, and besides the unavoidable problems that come with helping stress test (which some people over there don't understand) I think the game is shaping up to be something really special.

What PoE has going for it right now is that it's offering game types for every type of player. Yes it would be better if Blizzard offered something of their own to PVP, PVM, RP servers, but maybe they will later. As for right now they are just perfecting the single player and co-op experience.

I just find it funny that some people get so offended that D3 isn't turning out like they would want it to, and then the bitch and moan over there on the forums, then get told to come here if they wanted what they couldn't get out of D3, and instead of just being mature about it and realizing that maybe D3 isn't for them, they have to shit all over it, shit all over it's playerbase (which will be huge) and then drag their baggage over here.

Yeah, this is directed at you Kasmos. I imagine you were one of the people that thought the beta was somehow indicative of the entirety of the finished product, and you'd just be wrong. You get mad and call people "fanbois" because they aren't putting up with your shit, and then because this community which is probably full of people just like you (Excluding those decent people that were mature enough to realize that PoE was offering what D3 wasn't) you talk about how much happier you are going to be.

Well, I hope you are happier, I really do, but let's not beat around the bush here. You are going to be buying D3 on release day, because people like you have no conviction in their actions. You whine and cry, but fall in line just like everybody else in the end. Which is good because Diablo 3 is going to be an excellent game, and is going to have more depth than you give it credit for, so at least you'll get to experience it no matter what you might think now.

Good day.

Anyone else notice that this troll is also an asshole and a fanboy?
Last edited by Flytheelephant on Apr 24, 2012, 3:34:52 AM
Given the name 'OrigamiELEPHANT', I figured it was you, FTE, bored and trying to play both sides of the trollery...
Currently playing on:
Ps5 - - Diablo IV s4, Predecessor, Dungeon Encounters, Assassins Creed Origins, Stellaris (finally);
Tablet - - Buriedbornes 2, Dawncaster Deckbuilder, Loop Hero, Fate GO;
and,
PC - - Word (book 2 draft is done! formatting and shit ensues.)
At least the massive amount of trolls in the D3 forums still make me laugh on a regular basis.

Any attempt at trolling here has been a miserable failure.

EDIT: This post becomes more and more true every second.
''Stand amongst the ashes of a trillion dead souls and ask the ghosts if honor matters.
The silence is your answer.''

IGN: Vaeralyse
Last edited by Tagek on Apr 24, 2012, 3:51:59 AM
"
Given the name 'OrigamiELEPHANT', I figured it was you, FTE, bored and trying to play both sides of the trollery...

My Trollery Trolley brings only positive things and negative things to negative people. Never do I Trolley those whom are dear to the creation of great things, except in the case that I figure they are bored of everyone being so damn nice to them all the time :D

"
A beta is a test build of the product. That's what the D3 beta is. Who says it has to be a test build consisting of the entire product?

"
Not only that, but with less then a month before the sale of D3, do you REALLY think the devs are listening to you.
The beta has been going on for longer than a month. And whether the devs listen to the community during a particular period of a beta is really their business. It's not like game development on products like this stops once you hit release day - there are always more things to patch.

Besides which, that logic would apply to any beta, not just D3 - GGG for instance are intending to run the beta right up until release, as far as I'm aware. Should the last few weeks of that not be called a beta?

Really, the game is complete when the devs say it's complete, not before.

HAHAHAHA Dis guy. "When the devs say it's complete" HAHAHAHA that was abandoned by blizzard in the late 90s and proven in 2005 when north was dissolved after they had a nearly complete Diablo 3 game set in heaven with demons invading it, raping angels, and shitting on god's doorstep. It wasn't done on time and didn't meet Vivendi's ethical acceptability rules (which seem to include only pandas and night elf mohawk Mr T fool pitying grenades) so they fired everyone.

The current policy is
"Tell the sheep that its done when the devs say it's done while we build hype and the board decides when hype is at a max level and likely to go down so we release before more waiting is done and hype level declines, fuck the game and its level of completion.
Oh by the way have we made sure to get all the untalented people from Infinity Ward that couldn't find other jobs when everyone else told us to fuck ourselves in here to code D3 at minimum wage?"
and
"WE ALL VOTED YES TO SIMPLIFYING THE SKILLS WHY HASN'T IT BEEN DONE YET? DO YOU THINK WE MAKE GAMES FOR FUN HERE OR ARE WE HERE FOR PROFIT?"
Last edited by Flytheelephant on Apr 24, 2012, 3:54:48 AM
Dis guy.
Just remember, you can also wait in intense anticipation for a decade or more for a game franchise to continue, watch for over a year as its final development unfolds, with videos, articles, forum posts, etc., become disenchanted with the end result, and decide, based on those observations, even if you've never played the Beta, not to play the newest game in that franchise.

I believe I speak for some of the others who have expressed their disappointment with D3 when I say that I arrived at my decision reluctantly, because I really wanted to play a good game of Diablo 3. Having followed the information released by Blizzivision's devs and other promoters, I no longer care to play the resulting game product. I don't care about how great it'll be in "Inferno" mode. I have no intention of playing a game whose fundamentals changed frequently during that last year, presenting constant shocks and disappointment to those of us who expected... different... all along hoping that things'll get "better."

I get it that others, who have quite vigorously championed D3 here, like the game. Good. I encourage you go and discuss it with other people who like it. You're not impressing anyone here with your crusades, or your slams on those of us who are apparently too dim, biased, or possessed of whatever other defects to which you attribute our failure to appreciate D3 as well as you do.

Besides, don't some of you have things you really ought to be busy with, rather than responding to every single forum post which might be uncomplimentary to D3? =0[.]o=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
Raycheetah wrote:
Just remember, you can also wait in intense anticipation for a decade or more for a game franchise to continue, watch for over a year as its final development unfolds, with videos, articles, forum posts, etc., become disenchanted with the end result, and decide, based on those observations, even if you've never played the Beta, not to play the newest game in that franchise.

I believe I speak for some of the others who have expressed their disappointment with D3 when I say that I arrived at my decision reluctantly, because I really wanted to play a good game of Diablo 3. Having followed the information released by Blizzivision's devs and other promoters, I no longer care to play the resulting game product. I don't care about how great it'll be in "Inferno" mode. I have no intention of playing a game whose fundamentals changed frequently during that last year, presenting constant shocks and disappointment to those of us who expected... different... all along hoping that things'll get "better."

I get it that others, who have quite vigorously championed D3 here, like the game. Good. I encourage you go and discuss it with other people who like it. You're not impressing anyone here with your crusades, or your slams on those of us who are apparently too dim, biased, or possessed of whatever other defects to which you attribute our failure to appreciate D3 as well as you do.

Besides, don't some of you have things you really ought to be busy with, rather than responding to every single forum post which might be uncomplimentary to D3? =0[.]o=

+1.
Currently playing on:
Ps5 - - Diablo IV s4, Predecessor, Dungeon Encounters, Assassins Creed Origins, Stellaris (finally);
Tablet - - Buriedbornes 2, Dawncaster Deckbuilder, Loop Hero, Fate GO;
and,
PC - - Word (book 2 draft is done! formatting and shit ensues.)
Welcome to addiction.
MightyZealot the Wand Witch
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
zeal·ot/ˈzelət/
Noun:

A person who is fanatical and uncompromising in pursuit of their religious, political, or other ideals.
I played the Diablo 3 beta too, and I must say that PoE looks to be better in pretty much all aspects (graphics, 3d engine, characters).

Much more my taste for sure!
agreed. i sooo wanted to love d3 but i just don't see it. I pre ordered, and i will play it im sure - but d2 held me for hundreds of hours over irl years. i don't see d3 doing this.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info