[Semi-Updated to Ritual]Poison Blade Vortex Assassin In Depth Guide

I'm struggling quite a bit at Awakening 8 sirus, the damage is awful.
Takes forever to kill him. I dunno really what I could change. If you could take a look and help me out that'd be awesome. Enjoying the build otherwise thanks a lot =D

Edit: I upgraded my ring so I'm rescapped with 1, and bought a Circle of nostalgia. Seems to have boosted the DPS a lot, i haven't tried sirus yet.

Edit 2: Alright did sirus, and it's so much easier now, that ring did the trick. :)
Last edited by galldobaah on Oct 10, 2020, 10:47:59 AM
Has anyone considered running Green Nightmare at the Scion start (next to Sentinel)? It gives 9% chance to dodge and 28% chance to gain frenzy charges on kill.

Personally I hate blood rage because 1) it's another skill you have to add to your rotation, 2) you take annoying damage, 3) it takes a gem slot when we're starved for those, and finally 4) in play testing the new Anomalous version I wasn't able to sustain 3 frenzy charges against unique bosses. Maybe this last issue is a playstyle thing I could overcome, but unless you're running the new version that will give frenzy charges against solo bosses I think the Green Nightmare wins out big time.
Anyone could give me a tip on what would be the best upgrade to help me with survivability? Currently at 4.6K life and I'm feeling very squishy when fighting bosses. Gear below,

Spoiler
"
Valant wrote:
I am still using Tabula at 88 and feel a need of a budget upgrade

Should I just get a 5L Kintsugi or 6L rare life res ?

Absolutely worst case a corrupted +2 duration gem tabula is 7 chaos. That will greatly increase your damage, won't help the glass but will increase the cannon.
Played this build last season but did not try to push it as far as I can. League started with it this league and decided to push it.

Could someone please take a look and suggest what to upgrade next?
What I am thinking is maybe get a better chest with higher res so I can use circle of nostalgia again.
Also debating dropping the "Frenzy charge on hit" for "+1 active gems", but then I have no way to generate frenzy charge during boss fight, which would lose me a lot of DPS......
https://pastebin.com/982tyrQ5

Items for those who are lazy to import PoB:
Hey Ive got a small question. What is more important? The unique gloves, unique amulett or the explode chest?

Just so Ive got a goal in my mind and know what to go for.
Last edited by Asmordeus on Oct 10, 2020, 7:00:37 PM
"
Asmordeus wrote:
Hey Ive got a small question. What is more important? The unique gloves, unique amulett or the explode chest?

Just so Ive got a goal in my mind and know what to go for.

Unique gloves imo but that's just my opinion
"
Yes, you need +1 curse to hit both despair and temp chains (as you have naturally +1 curse so whispers of doom allowed 2 curses). Having despair on hit is very good for dps as you can have a +2 amulet, which you do.

Aight I took a quick look.

Gear:

Gear seems alright. Imo kintsugi is suboptimal but its still fine. I'd upgrade when you feel like to a rare explode + spell crit or +1 curse and spell crit chest for tricurse. Explode is amazing coz it stacks with asentahs, due the wording differences. +1 curse is good for bossing. +1 active gem levels is also an option instead of +1 curse.

Cant see cluster other than 1 so cant comment on those. I would buy an onslaught on kill abys jewel, if you can get one with life (and res if u need it)

Why your flasks 2 of them that I can see, don't have prefixes?

In general I'd recommend focusing gearwhise on clusters and getting a bv duration enchant.

Gems:

I dislike Plague bearer a lot. It's some dps yea, but you should have insane dps anyways so in total its a small % of the dmg you can do.

I would run alt q bloodrage for frenzy while bossing and clear speed while mapping. The chance seems low but bv hits so often it should be good enough to sustain.

I'd run lvl 1 precision for some extra crit and for the Watcher's eye mod (which we would still like to have eventually).

I would invest into lvl 21 0q vaal bv. +1 level is insane and the quality on bv is only a bit of aoe.

Also woke unleash at some point, but low prio.

Tree:

Silent steps? Why you running this? General evasion rating is not as good as people tend to think, it only applies for attacks and wind dancer makes getting enough evasion hard(less multiplier). Imo evasion rating is not worth, we rely on general dodge instead. Also having good evasion would mean running an evasion flask which the build cannot afford.

Toxic strikes, that is a two passive to notable not three which you have pathed. Also, You've skipped fatal toxins which I would take over toxic strikes 100%. You should be poison chance capped anyways without flasks, as both give the same amount of poison chance.

Fixed most stuff you told me to, the only thing i wonder is about the tricurse. I bought a +1 curse chest with spell crit and from what ive read in the build i should pick enfeeble for the 3rd curse. Am i suppose to self cast it?

Thanks as always your the best haha
Last edited by Kingtichat on Oct 11, 2020, 2:05:11 PM
Can someone help me with me to upgrade my build? What do i upgrade next?
Also is there a section on what of the new gems to use?
Last edited by Raotiz on Oct 11, 2020, 6:20:21 PM
Ive got my hands on a Vulnerability curse AND Despair curse on Hit double implicit Asenaths today and tried fiddling with Auls Uprising Amulet(Malevolence reserves no mana) in path of Building. Since I now do not need the blasphemy despair setup anymore i wanted to see how my dmg changes if i use the new unreserved mana through the 2 before mentioned Items with Pride(upto 40% MORE physical damage; seemd insane in my head).
PoB gave me a measly 0.1% dmg increase... surely that must be bugged right ? Zealotry was another option i was thinking about or even Herald of Purity. What are your thoughts guys ? My character is in my Profile if anyone wanna take a look:
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/uumas/characters

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info