Blizzard Games died yesterday!

Maybe wait until you played everything. 10% of act 1 and you judge it like you know it all. It's like saying you know everything about d2 after you have killed blood raven.

I'm not impressed either but atleast im gonna give it a change.
"
Tagek wrote:
Well everyone has their tastes!

I would like to say one thing about D2's system though.
It wasn't really complex. The only good builds were cookie cutter ones, and required you to always take the same specific abilities, which were also very logical.
You'd then use nothing but 1 (or at most, 2) abilities for the whole game. It was fun, and the feel of the abilities made it work well, but it was far from complex.

And yeah, you could always make crappy builds, and those had their fun moments, but they weren't anything major.

Just think with skills and runes that d3 now has and skill tree and skill points from d2, d3 customization could get a huge boost with it.
Last edited by miljan on Apr 22, 2012, 8:41:02 AM
"
miljan wrote:
"
Tagek wrote:
Well everyone has their tastes!

I would like to say one thing about D2's system though.
It wasn't really complex. The only good builds were cookie cutter ones, and required you to always take the same specific abilities, which were also very logical.
You'd then use nothing but 1 (or at most, 2) abilities for the whole game. It was fun, and the feel of the abilities made it work well, but it was far from complex.

And yeah, you could always make crappy builds, and those had their fun moments, but they weren't anything major.

Just think with skills and runes that d3 now has and skill tree and skill points from d2, d3 customization could get a huge boost with it.

Not really. You'd have the exact same builds that you can have now, only you'd have to choose between them and go through an incredibly tedious process of remaking a character if you messed up.
''Stand amongst the ashes of a trillion dead souls and ask the ghosts if honor matters.
The silence is your answer.''

IGN: Vaeralyse
"
Tagek wrote:

Not really. You'd have the exact same builds that you can have now, only you'd have to choose between them and go through an incredibly tedious process of remaking a character if you messed up.

How can you mess up if there is respect, and all skils are balanced (at least that bliz says)?
Last edited by miljan on Apr 22, 2012, 8:44:44 AM
"
miljan wrote:
"
Tagek wrote:

How can you mess up if there is respect, and all skils are balanced 9att least that bliz says)?

What would the point of respec be. That would be the same system as they have now, just tying you a tiny bit more to your current build.

And with 20+ skills per class and 6 runes for each skill, there's plenty of messing up to do. (Choosing a skill you don't want / like etc etc)
''Stand amongst the ashes of a trillion dead souls and ask the ghosts if honor matters.

Last edited by Tagek on Apr 22, 2012, 8:46:53 AM
"
Tagek wrote:
[
What would the point of respec be. That would be the same system as they have now, just tying you a tiny bit more to your current build.

And with 20+ skills per class and 6 runes for each skill, there's plenty of messing up to do. (Choosing a skill you don't want / like etc etc)

The point of respect is to fix if you make a bad decision. Tying you to build is a good thing also. Also it gives freedom for customization more, also it adda a option to make mistaces, that you can fix with respect. Tell me a good reason why it would be bad to implement if there is respect? It adds fun to lvl a character, makes it posible to create a real strange builds with more skills that are not maxed.
Last edited by miljan on Apr 22, 2012, 8:53:31 AM
I'm not keen on D3 at all. In fact, as a Diablo game, it doesn't live upto the previous two from how it looks right now.

But it will be a great ARPG game nonetheless. Even through all the criticism and debates held, the least that can be done on our part as the audience that plays these games is enjoy this sudden influx of ARPGs. Truth be told, there are some parts of POE I do not like and think can be done better. For one, I dislike an all passive skill web (sorry, but that "thing" resembles a tree maybe thought up by Lovecraft :p) and feel that it could largely benefit from throwing in some extra active skills. Secondly, some classes feel like templates or models rather than unique which actually harkens back to Diablo 1 in many ways but I always enjoy having class-specific abilities as it gives greater reason to go a Duelist over a Witch outside of where you begin in the skill web.

This is where I can see D3 holding my interest over POE. Classes feel different. A Barbarian is going to do things a Wizard can't. At the same time, POE gives you much more freedom to be a meleecaster or use your blood as mana and so on.

At the same time, POE can hold my interest as long as more gems are offered (because I fucking love the whole Materia system it works off of) and it keeps being as well made as it has been to this point. I feel constantly challenged and advancing slowly in POE which immerses me much more than D3 has so far.

Also, POE has scarier spiders.
"
iiss wrote:
Maybe wait until you played everything. 10% of act 1 and you judge it like you know it all. It's like saying you know everything about d2 after you have killed blood raven.

I'm not impressed either but atleast im gonna give it a change.

Yeah, we should all just totally throw our money at Blizzards feet for we are not worthy of the privilege of forming an opinion on D3 unless we pay our tribute!

Give me a break. I was really looking forward to D3, and was very excited for the opportunity to play in the open beta/stress test this weekend. However, I've come away feeling that Diablo 3 is just very... bland. I certainly would not pay sixty dollars for this game. Sure, there will be lots more content in the retail game, but I have no desire to play that content with the rest of the gameplay as it is now.

It's a game that had - and still has - potential, but at this point what we see is what we're going to get. Clearly there are many people who like it, as their are very clearly many who do not.

Fortunately with both Path of Exile and Torchlight 2 just around the corner, Diablo 3 falling off my radar is not big loss.
Last edited by mesasone on Apr 22, 2012, 10:18:03 AM
"
lord_dash2 wrote:

They made the game everybody would like and noone will complayn. they made it for the money, not for the love.
it has no soul, no spirit no nothing. its hollow.
starcraft 2 did the same. i loved the starcraft 1 story, and as i played and watched starcraft 2, i thought, man who created this? it could not been made by my old heroes.

Your heroes name was Bill Roper.

And even though his latest projects like Hellgate: London and Mythos flopped and his company went bankrupt, they have the same love of gaming feel that you speak of. If only he would have been a bit more focused finacially.

Though Hellgate: Global and Mythos still survive today as they were sold to another company that now owns the IP and is making them fairly successful.

He now works for Disney Interactive and is going to be lead producer on the new X-men games, who knows how they will be, regardless I will always view Bill Roper as one of the greats.
Last edited by Braindome on Apr 22, 2012, 1:32:06 PM
"
Braindome wrote:
"
lord_dash2 wrote:

They made the game everybody would like and noone will complayn. they made it for the money, not for the love.
it has no soul, no spirit no nothing. its hollow.
starcraft 2 did the same. i loved the starcraft 1 story, and as i played and watched starcraft 2, i thought, man who created this? it could not been made by my old heroes.

Your heroes name was Bill Roper.

And even though his latest projects like Hellgate: London and Mythos flopped and his company went bankrupt, they have the same love of gaming feel that you speak of. If only he would have been a bit more focused finacially.

Though Hellgate: Global and Mythos still survive today as they were sold to another company that now owns the IP and is making them fairly successful.

He now works for Disney Interactive and is going to be lead producer on the new X-men games, who knows how they will be, regardless I will always view Bill Roper as one of the greats.

Regardless of them selling it to another company, both games still suck to this very day. :P

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info