-

Hi, I'm playing SSF and I hit lvl 93 without a single The Scavenger card drop despite running maps with associated card, nor did I get the chest as a drop. Am I just being unlucky or am I not running enough maps?
"
Smichovsky wrote:
Hi, I'm playing SSF and I hit lvl 93 without a single The Scavenger card drop despite running maps with associated card, nor did I get the chest as a drop. Am I just being unlucky or am I not running enough maps?

I think it's not particularly common - I haven't target farmed it but only have 1 in my stash after probably 200-300 maps this league.
Hello people. Just trying to upgrade my bow and I saw too many options. What is the priority order for a bow config? Saw many w/o the +2 sup gems, but also some with +2/+1 bow gem, +1 dex gem,atk speed, +1/+2 arrow, increased AoE, cdot and dot. TIA
Hi everyone! I'm pretty much done gearing now, so I thought I'd create a mini crafting guide for this build.

Crafting basics

• For crafting calculations, Craft Of Exile is essential. It can tell you how much a step in a craft will cost on average. Use that to decide whether to buy a base or craft it.
  • If you're in trade league, it's often cheaper to buy a partly-crafted or fully-crafted item rather than crafting from scratch.

Key tools

• Orb of alterations: If there's a mod that has no Harvest-craftable tags (Damage Over Time, Dexterity Gem Level) or really expensive ones (Attack Speed), it's usually cheapest to get those using alteration (+ augmentation) orb spamming at the start.
  • Chaos harvest crafts (1-2ex each): Many items have very few chaos modifiers. Some items literally only have Chaos resistance and Chaos damage over time multiplier, which makes it easy for us to craft the Chaos damage over time multiplier mods, which are by far the best damage mods (other than + gem level) for this build.
  • Life harvest crafts (1.5-2.5ex each): We want life on every single one of our rares. While it's usually cheaper to just buy something with a good life roll, we can always throw a bunch of exalts on Harvest life crafts (estimated ~20ex divided by the lowest tier you'll settle for - so 20ex for T1, 10ex for T2+, 7ex for T3+). To do this optimally, you want suffixes to be blocked. If you have suffixes blocked even without a benchcraft, you also often want to benchcraft the life leech prefix before augmenting life to avoid rolling that.
  • Elemental harvest crafts (0.8-1.5ex each): Need to fill up a resistance suffix? For most items, there are only 1-2 elemental suffixes, of which resistances are by far the most likely. Note that these are cheaper than life crafts.
  • Target annul harvest crafts: Found a perfect pair of gloves, but it has a useless modifier that's taking up a slot you can craft resistances onto? Familiarize yourself with the list of Harvest targetable annuls. These let you get rid of a single modifier based on its type.
    • Attack
    • Caster
    • Physical
    • Each of the elements: Fire, cold, lightning, chaos
    • Critical
    • Defences
    • Life
    • Speed
    • Influence
  • Clearing suffixes: A lot of the time, we want specific suffixes. To clear them (if they can't be target annulled), you have 2 options.
    • If you have an open suffix, craft prefixes cannot be changed and scour (2ex guaranteed)
    • Buy a reforge keeping prefixes and hope you get more annulable mods (30c per reforge, probably 70c-1ex for each annul you'll need after)
  • Blocking prefixes/suffixes: Sometimes, we want to avoid rolling a prefix - the modifier we're looking for is a suffix. In those cases, you can either use your crafting bench to craft a prefix (if that brings you up to 3) or harvest augment a useless prefix that you can then remove later.

Looking for mods

In softcore, the general approach is to:

1. Look at a slot you want. Are there any damage mods? If so, try to roll them
2. If not, use that slot for resistances (suffixes) and life (prefixes)
3. Still lack resistances? Sacrifice some lower-impact damage suffixes for them

Gloves: Chaos DoT multiplier

Estimated cost: 2-8ex in Harvest crafts (aug chaos, rem/add chaos, rem chaos); cheap base.

Gloves are the easiest slot, since there's only really 2 mods we want: Chaos Damage Over Time and Attack speed.

1. Buy Hunter gloves with T1 attack speed and life sample trade link with 2 open or annullable suffixes (see Key tools above) and 1 open or annullable prefix (we eventually want to benchcraft increased AoE)
2. Aug chaos - you have a 40% chance to hit Chaos DoT; otherwise you'll get chaos resistance
3. Aug chaos again - if you have chaos resistance already, you'll hit Chaos DoT guaranteed
4. Rem/add chaos if you want to get T1 chaos DoT
5. Rem chaos and hope to hit the chaos resistance if you don't want more chaos resistance
7. Aug resistances or life as needed
8. Benchcraft increased area of effect

Ring: Despair on hit

Estimated cost: 2-6ex in Harvest crafts; variable base.

1. Buy a ilvl 80+ Vermillion ring (or any ring really with useful implicits for you) with good life, resistances, or chaos damage rolls and 2 open or annullable suffixes. I particularly wanted T1 intelligence, so I prioritized that since it's hard to roll. Consider directly getting one with the Hunter influence if it'd save you more than 1ex compared to getting an uninfluenced one
2. If there isn't the Hunter influence, use a Hunter's exalted orb (costs a bit over 1ex right now) to add the influence
3. Ensure there are at least 2 open suffixes (see Key tools above)
4. Aug caster - you have a 1/4 chance of hitting Despair on hit. If you hit anything else, keep it there
5. Aug caster again - you should have a 1/3 chance (if you hit Elemental Weakness on the first one) or 1/2 chance (if you hit Cast speed on the first one)
6. Use rem caster to try to hit the mod that you don't want. If you hit Despair, go back to 4 and repeat
7. Aug resistances or life as needed

Quiver: DoT multi + Chaos DoT multiplier

Trade link
Estimated cost: 2-8ex in Harvest crafts; variable base.

There are 3 mods we want: DoT multiplier, chaos DoT multi, and attack speed. The crafting bench attack speed is pretty much the same as T1 for this though, so we only need to hit the first 2.

1. Buy any quiver with T1 damage over time multiplier (NOT the chaos version) and 2 open or annullable suffixes. If you can get one with nice life rolls or another suffix you want too, that's ideal.
2. Alternatively, you can just buy a random ilvl 82+ hunter-influenced quiver and alt spam until you get Damage over time multiplier (roughly 240 alts). Note that we want this mod, NOT chaos damage over time multiplier first, since the chaos version is easy with Harvest crafts
3. Slam with a Hunter's exalted orb to get the influence if it doesn't have it already. Remove that mod if needed with a target annul if it's a suffix we don't want
4. Block prefixes if you can and don't want to get get + to maximum chaos resistances. If you use Divine Flesh, you probably want that suffix, so don't block it
5. Aug chaos. You have a roughly 30% chance to hit Chaos DoT multiplier
6. Aug chaos again. Depending on what you got before, you have either a 40-50% chance to hit Chaos DoT multiplier
7. Rem/add chaos as needed until you hit Chaos DoT
8. Try to annul out the chaos resistance/poison mod that we don't want
9. Benchcraft attack speed in the last open suffix

Quiver: Bow attacks fire additional arrow + DOT + chaos DOT multiplier

Trade link
Estimated cost: 50ex

1. Buy a Warlord quiver with Bow attacks fire an additional arrow and a Hunter quiver with any prefix you want (for example, 10% to movement speed). One of the quivers should be ilvl 84+ and have the right base-type (Sharktooth for crit, Ornate for socket are the best)
2. Use an Awakener's Orb to merge them, making sure to click the one that's not the ilvl84+/correct base-type one first
3. Buy reroll keeping prefixes harvest crafts until you hit T1 DOT multiplier (88 tries on average, costing 35ex assuming 40c each)
4. With prefixes filled (benchcraft an additional one: +Life for example) aug chaos for chaos DoT multiplier
5. If you don't get it the first time, aug chaos again
6. If you still don't have it, do rem/add chaos until you get it
7. Rem chaos if you don't want Chaos resistance or have the +Poison suffix
8. Aug life and resistances as needed

Helmet: Nearby enemies have -9% to chaos resistance

Trade link
Estimated cost: 4ex in Harvest crafts; variable price base

TL;DR

1. Get or craft a hunter helm ilvl 85+, optionally with "Toxic Rain fires 1 additional Arrow"

2. With only open suffixes, aug chaos twice to get "Nearby enemies have -9% chaos resistance"

Detailed steps:

1. Obtain an ilvl 85 or higher helmet. If you want a helmet that'll be your final helmet, you might want to buy one with the "Toxic Rain fires 1 additional Arrow" already and add the Hunter influence via the Hunter's Exalted orb for 3-5 exalt total. DO NOT buy a synthesized or fractured helmet, as you can't add influences to them. If you buy a helmet with another influence, you'll need to use an Awakener's Orb to add the 2nd influence, which costs a bit more.

If you don't care about the enchant, you can directly buy a Hunter-influenced helmet for a few chaos.

Here are the steps to craft "Nearby enemies have -9% chaos resistance".

2. Repeatedly use Deafening Essence of Greed to get +100 life. You don't really care about the other rolls, but we're looking to have 2-3 prefixes and 0-1 suffixes for crafting "Nearby enemies have -9% chaos resistance". It's fine to have 2 suffixes if one of those 2 suffixes is already Chaos resistance. If you end up with a nice maximum life roll (from an extra +Maximum life mod) or great resistances/stats that you want to keep, you may want to stop there and use Harvest crafts to clean up your suffixes. I got lucky and got a T1 additional life roll on my first essence.

3. If you don't have 2 open suffixes but have suffixes with the Caster, Physical, Fire/Cold/Lightning tags, those should be fairly cheap to remove with Harvest crafts. Buy them on the TFT (The Forbidden Trove) Discord or find them yourself

3. Ensuring you have 3 prefixes (use the "remove a suffix; add a prefix bestiary craft and/or benchcraft a prefix if you need to), augment chaos on the helmet. You'll most likely need to do so twice as #% to chaos resistance is far more likely, but if you hit "Nearby enemies have -9% chaos resistance" on the first augment, congratulations! You can stop there

4. Do additional harvest crafts if you want specific resistances or more life. If you're min-maxing life, you can block suffixes and aug life to ensure you get at least another +18 maximum life. If you want resistances, Harvest crafting aug fire, aug cold, or aug lightning will guarantee that you get that resistance. If you have money to burn, you can try to get a T1 chaos resistance roll or try to remove it so you have space for other resistances.

Amulet with # to skill levels and Malevolence has reduced mana reservation

Trade link
Estimated cost: 25ex, mostly in aug influence and reroll keeping prefix crafts

Part 1: fill prefixes

1. To start, buy a Hunter amulet base that has +1 to Dexterity skills, since it's annoying to roll that
2. Reroll suffixes until you have at least 2 suffixes. If you only have 2, benchcraft a 3rd suffix
3. Fill the prefixes with +1 to chaos skills by doing aug chaos with all suffixes filled
4. Benchcraft any prefix to fill all the prefixes

Part 2: get reduced mana reservation

There are 2 options here:

Option 1: Buy reroll keeping prefixes until you get it. The average is 99 rerolls, which is quite a bit, but you can often buy these in bulk for around 30c each

Option 2: Buy aug influence and reroll keeping prefixes crafts

1. If all suffixes are harvest removable without a rem influence harvest craft (i.e. they have fire, lightning, cold, caster, etc. tags - see Key tools above) then do an aug influence craft
2. Keep doing aug influences as long as all suffixes are harvest removable. Stop if you hit Malevolence has RMR or all suffixes are filled
3. If all suffixes are filled, do a reroll keeping prefixes harvest craft and then go back to step 2

I got fairly lucky and got the attribute on the 3rd aug myself.

But testing it out, on average with the Craft of Exile emulator, I got it after 6.5 (max 12) aug influences and 8.1 (max 14) reroll keeping prefixes after 12 tries.

Part 3: get chaos DoT multiplier

1. Remove the non-malevolence suffixes so you have 2 open suffixes
2. Aug chaos - if you don't get it on the first try, aug chaos again and you're guaranteed to get it
2. Rem chaos if you don't want chaos resistance. If you remove +1 to chaos skills, aug it back before doing rem chaos again

Part 4: finish with more resists or life

1. Benchcraft +55 life and call it a day. If you want to min/max, you can benchcraft aug life. Alternatively, if you don't want chaos resistance but want other resistances, you can do aug fire/light/cold for the right resistance

Explode chest

Estimated cost: 8ex for budget (just elevated explode), 20ex for decent life rolls; 30-40ex for elevated with useful influenced mods and very good life/resists

Get an explode chest

1. Buy a chest with the explode mod or craft one yourself. At this point in Ritual league, it's vastly cheaper to buy one. Here's a search for ones with just that mod and no other influenced mods so you can Awakener Orb it easily. Trade link
2. Alternatively, buy any crusader-influenced ilvl 85+ chest
3. Chaos orb it until you have no influenced mods (other than explode - if you hit explode, then great! You're done)
4. Do rem/add non-physical to physical crafts up to 3 times. You're guaranteed to get the explode mod in 3 tries
5. If you have extra physical mods that you don't want, you can annul it using rem lightning (for #% physical as lightning damage) or try your luck with rem physical (for reflect # physical damage)

Optional: Get the explode mod to be elevated

1. If you already have another T1 influenced mod other than explode, you can skip directly to step 4
2. You can either beastcraft the remove suffix/add a prefix or benchcraft a prefix to block all prefixes
3. To get an extra influenced mod, you can either (a) do an aug defences craft and rem/add defence until you get a T1 influenced mod (50% on each try); these crafts are usually 80c-1ex each; (b) do an aug crit. You're guaranteed to get a T1 influenced suffix. These crafts are more expensive
4. Maven orb it, hoping you elevate the explode mod. If you don't, buy or craft a new explode chest

Optional: Awakener's orb for other influenced mods

This part is pretty simple. Find another armor with the base you want and the mod that you want. Popular ones are #% increased maximum life (Hunter/Elder), #% physical damage taken as elemental/chaos damage (Warlord/Redeemer/Hunter), 10% chance to gain a Frenzy Charge on hit (Redeemer), additional curse (Hunter).

Then, use an Awakener's Orb to copy that mod and the influence onto your elevated explode chest. Ensure that your elevated explode chest has no other influenced mods (target annuling them) to ensure your explode mod survives the Awakener's Orb

Aug life/resistances

• With filled suffixes, aug life and rem/add life until you get a good enough tiered life roll that you like. If you're on a budget, you could just benchcraft this for now
  • Once you get a good enough life roll, you can then aug life again and hope to hit # to life + evasion rating. This is risky though if you have a hunter chest, as you might hit life regeneration, which is hard to annul without risking annuling your other life modifiers
  • With the extra suffixes, you can aug and then rem/add resistances
  • If you have extra prefixes and filled suffixes, you can also aug lightning to get #% of physical damage taken as lightning damage
  • If you have a hunter/redeemer chest with extra prefixes and filled suffixes, you can aug chaos (Hunter) or aug cold (Redeemer) to get #% of physical damage taken as cold damage
  • If all your influenced mods are prefixes, you may be able to save some money by doing some reroll keeping prefixes to get decent resistances
Last edited by arciinus on Mar 8, 2021, 2:50:16 PM
"
BabamTV wrote:
"
ComfyExo wrote:
"
SAi___ wrote:
Hello

how to craft explode chest with increase aoe?

That is an elevated version from the explode mod. You can get that mod by maven orbing a chest with the explode mod with any another influence mod in the chest and hitting the explode.

If you were wondering about how to craft the chest from scratch, you either take a clean, modless crusader base and harvest craft augment physical three times until you get explode (it's always guaranteed) or you can take a rare crusader base and harvest craft remove non-physical/ add physical three times until you get explode. Make sure you have an open affix left (could be prefix or suffix) and then harvest craft augment influence modifier for another influenced mod. And then you use a maven orb on the chest and pray to the RNG gods that it hits your explode mod. If it hits the other mod, you can either scour and start over or keep it and continue your crafting journey. :)

The reason why you want any garbage affix on the chest is coz you will woke orb the chest anyways with another influenced chest with a mod you want (e.g. redeemer - frenzy charge on hit, hunter - additional curse) and it'll reset your affixes after. You can fix your chest after woke orbing..

Or you know, just buy a semi-finished product on trade for about 30-60ex more or less :)

Very interesting post. Your chest is insane btw :)
I tried to "craft" chest per your advice in Сraft of Exile and got a question. We will aug Physical 3 times and hope that after Maven's orb our explode will be upgraded. But then, we need to remove another "Physical". Am I right that there is another risk to lose this modifier or there is a way to safely remove unnecessary physical? Thank you.

You shouldn't care about the other physical mods other than explode because you will be woke orbing the chest with another chest after maven orbing and hitting explode and all other mods except explode will be gone. unless of course, you get the same mods again after woke orbing, then that's gonna be another issue :)

While aug phys 3x is an option, it's also more expensive as aug phys crafts are 1ex each (some people even sell it for more like 1.5ex ea). I suggest doing remove non-phys/ add phys crafts 3x instead which are about 50-70c ea and doing it on a crusader chest base you want with at least 3 affixes (could be any affix). It'll still guarantee the explode mod in the end.
Last edited by ComfyExo on Feb 27, 2021, 12:33:55 AM
Hey guys, I just wanna share about a Glorious Vanity I've found, and I think I could say this is one of the best I could find

4% max life and 12% chaos damage on path, Cult of Chaos can be picked up by ToH, small notable next to it is another 4% max life.

I gain 8% max life, +1 max chaos res and 12% chaos damage from this jewel alone

I cast remi - a very beginner friendly guide : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2866127
Support me if you want to! ttv/remicaster1
About elusive on boots, I saw some old message saying it's not really worth much, is that true even trought I got a crit quiver to get crit up a bit? Getting tailwind+elusive will cost me a little more but I got no idea what to roll on boots that will help.
"
Remicaster1 wrote:
Hey guys, I just wanna share about a Glorious Vanity I've found, and I think I could say this is one of the best I could find

4% max life and 12% chaos damage on path, Cult of Chaos can be picked up by ToH, small notable next to it is another 4% max life.

I gain 8% max life, +1 max chaos res and 12% chaos damage from this jewel alone

I actually didn't know that the numbers change what do the other passives give, thanks for that. I tried to get the same number on the jewel as yours but there were none for sale, so tried a similar number instead with the result of this:

https://imgur.com/a/ZDdqlq2

I am kinda newb at builds but does this seem pretty good?
Have question about explody vs carcass.

DPS wise, since we sacrifice AoE and Area dmg on carcass will that explody mod cover for it?

I am thinking of getting explody, is it worth spending 30-45ex on it, will i see significant change or barely notice a difference?

One more question, never came this far in this game before, want to try Juiced 100% Deli farming, should i go for HH, or this build is not really good for 100% Juiced Deli ?
Last edited by vidokas on Feb 27, 2021, 12:52:28 PM
"
vidokas wrote:
Have question about explody vs carcass.

DPS wise, since we sacrifice AoE and Area dmg on carcass will that explody mod cover for it?

I am thinking of getting explody, is it worth spending 30-45ex on it, will i see significant change or barely notice a difference?

One more question, never came this far in this game before, want to try Juiced 100% Deli farming, should i go for HH, or this build is not really good for 100% Juiced Deli ?

Dps wise for single target, carcass is always better because of the aoe and area dmg. In terms of clear and survivability tho, explodey chest is better imo. You'll never die to porcupines ever again. :) You lose about 3mil dmg on pob more or less but you'll definitely feel safer with explode chest. If you're going divine flesh, you'd want explode chest for the +1 max chaos res.

I wouldn't say it's extremely amazing at deli farming like that self-curse shenanigan, but it definitely can do it really well because of the huge aoe and speed of this build. But if im not mistaken, chaos builds dont really utilize a lot of hh buffs that well so idk if you'd want to go hh. Then again, you can still go zoom zoom with hh and the buffs to life and energy shield are helpful in deli farming. Just make sure to make up for any lost res in your belt elsewhere (most likely in your explode chest)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info