-

"
MattiaV wrote:
How's explody chest compared to Carcass Jack? I either invest in a good pair of boots or a "medium" 50ex explody chest, not much left to upgrade since I'm crafting my own rings and gloves.

Explody is a great survivability increase because it removes corpses. I recommend just work orb it and harvest spam, it is not very difficult to get one working

Edit : I prob will make a few youtube video guides on how to craft the items, such as the bows & chest piece
I cast remi - a very beginner friendly guide : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2866127
Support me if you want to! ttv/remicaster1
Last edited by Remicaster1 on Feb 25, 2021, 9:48:53 AM
"
dipperdyr wrote:
i have a question :) im playing this build (again) played it a few league back.. but this time its on private league SSF with friends. so i was wondering if i should follow the first pob or the second? but i kinda do have all the good stuff on my hands.. so the real question is should i go for the old totem setup or still go for the blast rain setup?

I would recommend going the first but ignore the gem setups, the second PoB is my latest snapshot of the build
I cast remi - a very beginner friendly guide : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2866127
"
Remicaster1 wrote:
"
MattiaV wrote:
How's explody chest compared to Carcass Jack? I either invest in a good pair of boots or a "medium" 50ex explody chest, not much left to upgrade since I'm crafting my own rings and gloves.

Explody is a great survivability increase because it removes corpses. I recommend just work orb it and harvest spam, it is not very difficult to get one working

I'll probably go for it since I have some problem with survivability till I can use the Timeless Jewel. Any guide for it? Never tried to craft with orbs.
"
MattiaV wrote:
"
Remicaster1 wrote:
"
MattiaV wrote:

I'll probably go for it since I have some problem with survivability till I can use the Timeless Jewel. Any guide for it? Never tried to craft with orbs.

Get 1 explody chest, and 1 frenzy on hit chest
one of the base must be a 6l, and a good base.
Woke the worse base into the 6l base https://streamable.com/2eowsy (Example video)

Then just aug life / rem add life / fix res with it.

If you hit a bad roll like I did (inc mana), you have to leave it if you can't afford losing explody / frenzy on hit. If it is a removable stat, replace the stat with "Phys dmg from hits taken as Lightning / Cold damage"
Last edited by Remicaster1 on Feb 25, 2021, 10:05:25 AM
"
Remicaster1 wrote:
"
dipperdyr wrote:
i have a question :) im playing this build (again) played it a few league back.. but this time its on private league SSF with friends. so i was wondering if i should follow the first pob or the second? but i kinda do have all the good stuff on my hands.. so the real question is should i go for the old totem setup or still go for the blast rain setup?

I would recommend going the first but ignore the gem setups, the second PoB is my latest snapshot of the build

so just to be sure. i use the passiv and gear from first pob but gems for second right? :D
Best setup for Maven?

Pantheon?

Wear my explody chest w blast rain links or my carcass jack with blast rain links?
Hey all you exilers,

Looking for some help and generally you all are the best at providing it. I'm having some survivability issues moving into yellow maps. I constantly feel like I have to slam the life flask to stay alive. Here is my POB:

https://pastebin.com/drSkHnqr

Here are the things I am working on improving, but any other advice or things you think I missed would be great. Also I play on the PS4 so that sometime adds a bit different playstyle as well as limitations on finding items.

1. Need to get my last Lab
2. Leveling some TR gems now to get corrupted 21 TR
3. Need to improve quality on other gems
4. Can get a bit more life with some minor gear improvements

Anything else? I have about 1.5EX in currency - but having trouble getting more at the map level I'm at.

Thanks!

RSCCCC
What is better for damage - Wicked Pall + Student of Decay or Exposure Therapy/Circling oblivion?
Last edited by katonsew on Feb 25, 2021, 5:45:39 PM
"
katonsew wrote:
What is better for damage - Wicked Pall + Student of Decay or Exposure Therapy/Circling oblivion?

Wicked Pall is by far the best for DPS (+8.8%) due to the duration scaling well, as long as our target doesn't move around too much.

Exposure Therapy does OK (4.1%), but unlike Student of Decay, it only gives resists to Chaos DOT, which doesn't include things like the Sirus die beam or the incursion temples' ranged attacks.

Student of Decay does the least (3.8%), but I like it mainly because it's a great source of Chaos Resistances.

Circling Oblivion is strictly worse than Student of Decay, since we don't inflict ailments (Ignite or Poison) that damage the target and it has lower increased damage.

I choose Wicked Pall + Student of Decay for that reason.
Last edited by arciinus on Feb 25, 2021, 6:22:51 PM
"
RSCCCC wrote:
Hey all you exilers,

Looking for some help and generally you all are the best at providing it. I'm having some survivability issues moving into yellow maps. I constantly feel like I have to slam the life flask to stay alive. Here is my POB:

https://pastebin.com/drSkHnqr

Here are the things I am working on improving, but any other advice or things you think I missed would be great. Also I play on the PS4 so that sometime adds a bit different playstyle as well as limitations on finding items.

1. Need to get my last Lab
2. Leveling some TR gems now to get corrupted 21 TR
3. Need to improve quality on other gems
4. Can get a bit more life with some minor gear improvements

Anything else? I have about 1.5EX in currency - but having trouble getting more at the map level I'm at.

Thanks!

RSCCCC

One tiny, quick fix:

1. Change the Projectile skills craft on your gloves to Area of Effect

Bigger, but impactful fixes:

1. Try getting a 6-link Quill Rain or Carcass Jack - the 6th link increases your damage by a ton (at least 15-20%)
2. Get any decent amulet with the Hardened Scars anointment. Right now, your Hybrid flask isn't that useful, as its main use in the build is to trigger Hardened Scars and give you Fortify (a lot of damage reduction)
3. Instead of leveling TR gems, if you're down to trade, you might want to just buy one. They're now quite cheap

In terms of your next upgrades after that:

1. An amulet with +1 to chaos and +1 to dexterity skills will help increase your damage a decent bit
2. At least 1 set of Cluster Jewels with Broadside/Tempered Arrowheads and 2 mediums with Wicked Pall/some other damage notable will help your damage a lot too
3. If you want a bit more survivability, you might be able to find some pretty decent Mechalarm belts for pretty cheap - the Taunting Contraption reduces you being targeted and the damage you take
Last edited by arciinus on Feb 25, 2021, 6:30:15 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info