-

"
Herrpeniz wrote:
The char in question is the one in Harvest (ofc).
Well the only character I can see is one that has 6-link herald of agony, Atziri's flask, lioneye's glare bow, poison nodes on tree... are you sure you're following this build? Because it looks completely different.

Reminds me of Angry Roleplayer's herald of agony build which also uses pathfinder and toxic rain but is completely different build. So you'd have to settle for one and then follow it. Middle ground won't really work.

Hopefully Remi can tell you more when he comes by, but this doesn't look like his build atm.
"
Herrpeniz wrote:
Hey Remi!

First of all, let me thank you for the indepth build and guide, this is my second season ever going for lategame and this build is a lot of fun.

I'm having some issues however, and I don't know what I could do different: I'm at level 89 with 5k health, getting oneshot by more or less every boss over T11, it's to the point where I can't even level. Mind you, it's not a gear issue - I've got Carcass Jack 6L and i FREQUENTLY spend on upgrades.

Any idea what could be the issue? Feel free to PM me if you need some more info and you don't want it in the thread.

Okay, I looked at your character. You don't follow the tree or the skill setup. Are you sure you're trying to do this build? If so, have you looked at the info in the first post? It's like you're looking at 2 different guides and picking stuff from both.
I like playing builds that can do every map mod.
"
Herrpeniz wrote:
Hey Remi!

First of all, let me thank you for the indepth build and guide, this is my second season ever going for lategame and this build is a lot of fun.

I'm having some issues however, and I don't know what I could do different: I'm at level 89 with 5k health, getting oneshot by more or less every boss over T11, it's to the point where I can't even level. Mind you, it's not a gear issue - I've got Carcass Jack 6L and i FREQUENTLY spend on upgrades.

Any idea what could be the issue? Feel free to PM me if you need some more info and you don't want it in the thread.

In the Toxic Rain Mechanics section (I've also listed it as important)

"
We do not scale any on hit damage effects, so any flat chaos damage does not benefit us, this includes "adds # to chaos damage". Also on our build we does not scale any poison damage, as this is a pure damage over time build.

You have Poison nodes and an Added Chaos Damage support gem on your main link on toxic rain.

Now in the QnA Section

"

This will be a common issue, but first you need to know that you aren't made to facetank. Yes we are tanky but those defensive layers are prevention from dying when we make mistakes. You are still required to move around and dodging monster skills.

Now first of all, do you have elemental resistance capped? If you don't know what does this means, look into the spoiler
What is Elemental Resistance

Elemental resistances are a critical part of your character’s survivability.
From act 5 onwards enemy damage is balanced around your all 3 of your elemental (fire, cold and lightning) resistances being capped (default cap 75%). If you have 50% resistance instead you'll take double the damage of someone with 75%, so doing your best to cap your elemental resistances is vital. To have this info, press (default key C) on your character sheet, then look onto defenses. It should be shown on the life bottom side of the screen.

You receive a 30% penalty to all resistances at the end of act 5, and lose another 30% at the end of act 10. A total of -60% elemental resistances. Do make sure to cap your elemental resistance again when you killed Kitava.

Chaos resistance can be ignored while in campaign, but rises in relevancy the further you get to end game. Getting above 0% for maps is a good idea.
Hardened Scars helps out a lot on mitigating damage. It is very important to have Hardened Scars up at all time as it gives Fortify (explained above). This can be obtained by having the anointment (talk to Cassia and have 3 specific oils while having the amulet you want to craft on). Same goes to Wind Dancer (also explained above)

Res is not capped, each 1% resistance point off is equal to 4% increased damage taken on that elemental type. Meanwhile You didn't have Wind Dancer nor Hardened Scars, you are basically taking full damage without mitigating any of them.

There are a lot of stuff that I didn't mentioned but you did
> take mana flask effects and don't take mana flask.
> use herald of agony setup
> not having full gem setup
> take mana leech nodes
> take poison nodes
> avoid skill effect duration nodes
> atziri promise and lioneye's glare (i didn't even put them in my gear section)
All of these I've never suggested to do but you did it... which is not my build.

I've checked Angry Roleplayer's build and it does seems that build guide is a poison variant which is completely different compared to mine (and he didn't updated it for 3.11). And you seem to tilted towards his build instead of mine. As some others have also mentioned, it seems that you are looking 2 build guides then try to mix everything together without knowing what you are doing.

Right now you have to drop off either mine to follow his build or his to follow mine as others have also mentioned middle ground wouldn't work at all. So this is your call to make.
I cast remi - a very beginner friendly guide : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2866127
Support me if you want to! ttv/remicaster1
Last edited by Remicaster1 on Jun 28, 2020, 9:19:00 PM
For some reason the post got doubled so just ignored this comment
I cast remi - a very beginner friendly guide : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2866127
Last edited by Remicaster1 on Jun 28, 2020, 9:12:56 PM
are those cluster jewels bis ? or pure chaos damage clusters are just as good ?
"
sporter26 wrote:
are those cluster jewels bis ? or pure chaos damage clusters are just as good ?

Large cluster is BiS for Tempered Arrowheads + Broadside. But for mediums it depends, as long as you have Wicked Pall you are all good.
Thank you for the nice guide!

One suggestion - what about Fenumus weave?
Drop skitterbots and use Aspect of the spider for an huge buff of single target dmg besides the defense bonus the nets offer (due to auto-hinder)
Last edited by KalayoGaming on Jun 29, 2020, 7:45:36 AM
"

Drop skitterbots and use Aspect of the spider for an huge buff of single target dmg besides the defense bonus the nets offer (due to auto-hinder)
Huge buff?
3 spider webs take time to stack and afaik it's 15% damage increase exactly the same as skitterbot shock which is also 15%...

Also you can just craft spider on gear no need for sacrificing glove slot.

They're only good for poison, "adds chaos damage to attacks" and buffs to "hits and ailments" don't benefit chaos dot pod scaling at all.
Last edited by Viktranka on Jun 29, 2020, 8:14:42 AM
"
Viktranka wrote:
"

Huge buff?
3 spider webs take time to stack and afaik it's 15% damage increase exactly the same as skitterbot shock which is also 15%...

Also you can just craft spider on gear no need for sacrificing glove slot.

They're only good for poison, "adds chaos damage to attacks" and buffs to "hits and ailments" don't benefit chaos dot pod scaling at all.

You're right, didn't notice the 60% buff works only for the attack damage.

What about timbfist? Maim would be pretty cool stacked with the hinder and the movement debuff from toxic rain, but will intimidate only affect the initial hit damage or also the dot as it comes from an attack skill?
"

You're right, didn't notice the 60% buff works only for the attack damage.

What about timbfist? Maim would be pretty cool stacked with the hinder and the movement debuff from toxic rain, but will intimidate only affect the initial hit damage or also the dot as it comes from an attack skill?

Tombfist only maims doesn't hinder. Dropping a DoT multi, attack speed (i think it can be replaced on the abyss jewel) isn't really that great in my opinion.

Intimidate only affects attack damage, it has no affect on the DoT component

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info