[3.21] Aegis Incinerate Elementalist - Tank with over 10mil Shaper DPS!

"
ChippDamage wrote:
If anyone is interested, I recorded some of the major fights as I was working my way through endgame and put them in a collection. At the start my gear is pretty mild, by the end I have pretty much everything from the build guide. There are some really good examples of where the build excels (standing still and eating damage), and a few where it doesn't (bosses that move around a lot and put floor DoTs down).

My favorite is Simulacrum, which this build is perfect for. Here's the final wave with Kosis: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/915798964?collection=ANF_dYn8YRaRUQ

I also just added a 21/20 Divergent Incinerate to my build for about a 10% PoB DPS increase. Doesn't work like that for mapping because it reduces the damage of the final wave, but it's a nice DPS bump for tanky bosses where you just need to hit them with 10 stacks of Incinerate for a while.

Big fan of this build. Not worrying about crafting super expensive rares made it really easy to gear up and just blow through most of the content in the game, and the damage res + healing means I don't have to be so hot at the mechanics of each fight.

nice pick up for the Divergent Incinerate.

What effect (positive, negative, or neutral) does it have on the wonderful Infernal Cry-Quick Incin explosions?

I enjoyed the video! Thanks for posting. I am going to cry if they eventually nerf recovery on block. I feel like it is the only defensive layer that allows me to play in end game.
I haven't noticed a difference during mapping, really. I don't think I was relying on the incinerate blast. Between Herald of Ash and most map mobs being trash, you're still doing overkill damage just from regular incinerate hits, so you're still popping the whole screen if you warcry first.

The most frustrating fight in this game for me was one bad delirious map where my DPS was way down and monster life was way up. Kosis was like a 10 minute fight. After that I decided I wanted to really optimize for single target :)

Divergent Incinerate wasn't for sale at all at 21/20. I bought 5 with the intent to level them all to 20/20 and Vaal them myself, got lucky on the first one, but I have 4 more in off-hand slots and if any others hit 21/20 I'll throw them up on trade. If PoB is to be believed, 23% has no effect because it's not a full 5%. If PoB is wrong, 21/23 would be 6% More incinerate damage at 10 stacks.
Bro, elementarist does a lot of more dmg than inquisitor.
And again, reduce curse on ring are waste. Go for +1 min Frenzy charge.
I run 100% delirium t15 maps, deathless, and tossi cry like a baby
seems nice build, just a question, why use reduced curse on you as long using cowards legacy?
Because Cowards legacy has a mod that says "50% increased effect of curses on you", so that means that stuff like Temporal Chains, Elemental Weakness, ... will hurt you more.
Last edited by YaggyZero on Feb 23, 2021, 6:52:36 PM
any thoughts on a choice of a watchers eye?

have to have the Unaffected by Vulnerability, but a lot of second and third choices, when available

# to Armor while affected by Determination
#% faster start of ES recharge while affected by Discipline
# ES gained while affected by Discipline
# ES gained for each enemy hit while affected by Discipline

If I get hit big, it's a one shot (and it seems to happen too much), an example is the boss of the Mausoleum, so I don't think the straight # to Armor will mitigate that kind of hit

a real rippy Ritual will have me playing the flask piano big time, so maybe faster ES or ES per hit?

different topic

If I can figure out how to get 12k from a single Ritual map, I might score the biggest item of my 8 year POE playing.. I'm currently deferring it everytime it pops up

which is the first thing to upgrade, an Awakened Hextouch (that gets me back 3 maybe 4 points) and any Jewel that has Overlord, or an amulet with +1 fire and +1 int gems, or maybe score big with the +1 Robe
Last edited by frotzthedragon on Feb 24, 2021, 12:00:54 PM
"
any thoughts on a choice of a watchers eye?

have to have the Unaffected by Vulnerability, but a lot of second and third choices, when available

# to Armor while affected by Determination
#% faster start of ES recharge while affected by Discipline
# ES gained while affected by Discipline
# ES gained for each enemy hit while affected by Discipline

If I get hit big, it's a one shot (and it seems to happen too much), an example is the boss of the Mausoleum, so I don't think the straight # to Armor will mitigate that kind of hit

a real rippy Ritual will have me playing the flask piano big time, so maybe faster ES or ES per hit?

different topic

If I can figure out how to get 12k from a single Ritual map, I might score the biggest item of my 8 year POE playing.. I'm currently deferring it everytime it pops up

which is the first thing to upgrade, an Awakened Hextouch (that gets me back 3 maybe 4 points) and any Jewel that has Overlord, or an amulet with +1 fire and +1 int gems, or maybe score big with the +1 Robe

IMO:
+ armour, if u dont reach the cap without this.
Otherwise, ES gained for hit.

I get the amulet first, then I get the other rares to fill the resistences.
Next overlord (with 01 more "OK" node)
Awak Hex
+1 Robe
But it can be changed, if you find any good buying opportunity
"

IMO:

Awak Hex
+1 Robe

did you craft or buy you're amulet? that is just insane
"
"

IMO:

Awak Hex
+1 Robe

did you craft or buy you're amulet? that is just insane

Craft, but isnt' that hard.
Just need some lucky and harvest!

Awakeners orb craft, pray for no garbage preffix mods (that are 6, cannot be target on harvest: Mana, rarity, projectiles pierce, elemental penetration, increasead aoe and damage per str).
Others mods u can manage with harvest, suffix you can just use harvest craft: "Rerol, keeping preffix".
Next just aug life, and 2 resist on harvest, and craft +1 frenzy charge.
Last edited by BonecoDeNeveBR on Feb 25, 2021, 9:11:00 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info