[3.21] Aegis Incinerate Elementalist - Tank with over 10mil Shaper DPS!

I check the price for :
- Megalomaniac with Overlord = mini 5ex, actually I see 5, 9, 15 ex ...
- Awakened Hextouch = 12 ex this afternoon, actually 15 ex.
- Unnatural Instinct = around 6 ex.
This build is not very cheap now ^^
Ten Thousand Ways To Die ...
Thank you for sharing your build. It seem a very good build !
I have a problem in finding dual rings that have mod "reduced effect of curses on you". There's no ring in Ritual trade. By the way,crafting that two Ring is quite expensive for me. Could you help me solve this problem,bro ?
Thanks for your helping !
Have a good league,bro
"
- Megalomaniac with Overlord = mini 5ex, actually I see 5, 9, 15 ex ...
- Awakened Hextouch = 12 ex this afternoon, actually 15 ex.
- Unnatural Instinct = around 6 ex.

Overlord is about 5ex and is pretty important

Awakened Hextouch is crazy expensive at the moment but you can clear all content without it pretty easily, it just helps push the DPS up for the real endgame bosses that can take a while to kill otherwise.

Unnatural Instinct is totally unnecessary. I'm still not using one.
"
heavyrainw wrote:
I have a problem in finding dual rings that have mod "reduced effect of curses on you". There's no ring in Ritual trade.

You actually have to search for increased effect and put in a negative value: https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Ritual/akVv08ie
"
"

Overlord is the only one you care about. If you can find one or two others that match our build, great, if not just buy for Overlord and simply leave the other nodes in the Megalomaiac open.

It should be fairly easy to find at least one other mod besides Overlord that helps the build in some way. Finding 2 other nodes will be much more difficult.

But even just Overlord by itself is worth it.

to be fair, one with just overlord is about 3 ex last I looked

one that has anything else remotely in our wheelhouse starts around 15ex and go up

those will be just as out of reach as an awakened hextouch at this point (for us currency poor people)

As a player who used to never be able to afford anything (I played this build almost barebones the first time I tried it because I had no currency), I can say it gets better.

I don't think I am any better player today than I was a few leagues ago but now currency comes much easier. I have made over 125ex this league, and in previous leagues I would struggle to put together 30ex.

One thing I can suggest that has worked wonders for me this league is to always leave a live search running for your key items on the trade site. You would be surprised at how often some one puts up something you need for a reasonable price. They don't last long though so having the alert really helps.
"

I don't think I am any better player today than I was a few leagues ago but now currency comes much easier. I have made over 125ex this league, and in previous leagues I would struggle to put together 30ex.

it's not (not) being able to find good deals

125ex.. I would love to know how

I am the most unluckiest person in game you have ever met.

every single thing I'm wearing is bought through the chaos recipe, because I don't get lucky drops.. ever

I've had 3ex drop naturally this league. If I stick it out (because I'm trying for the hideout), I am on pace to surpass the natural 5ex I got from Heist, which was my all time high of any league, despite EVERYONE saying it was the easiest league ever to make currency.. having run 700+ lvl 83 heists in that league, I didn't see the ROI

I see people talking in chat about making 10-15ex a day right now.. and other than the chaos recipe, I'm grinding out about 15c a day. I've made it this far, but, grinding another 15ex for an awake hex or 30+ for +1 chest isn't fun or appealing

In my world, I never can sustain alchs, chisels, sextants or maps. I have to buy them.. all the time. I've never EVER looted a crusader orb or awake gem in any league. it wasn't until Heist that I finally had an actual natural ex drop from delve

I actually tried something different this league.. since our helmet is a fixed item, except for the enchant. I ran 50 uber labs in a row, with the twice prophecy. took about 4 hours thanks to our build and it's defenses, can just run through most saws and spinners. not a single incinerate enchant, not even the ones we don't want. more specially, not a single enchant on the crown that was worth even 2 ex to sell.

Over the years I've talked to a lot of people that have been playing since I started in 2013, and all of them say the same thing, they get drops that can be quick crafted or can be just flipped immediately

Since I'm 3-4 weeks behind most people, thanks to my terrible choice of a league start build, I'm just into t14 maps, in my buy 2 run 2 repeat cycle. 4 chisel, alch'd, maybe a chaos or 4 to get it 90+ quan (sometimes it takes 9+), run it, get 1-4 lvl 8 and below maps, rinse, repeat. I have no idea on the Maven thing yet, I'm just grinding maps for all the watchstones. I figure I will hit sirus a4-a5 this evening.. that will tell me how bad my non unique equipment is, and how much it's going to cost me to keep progressing (I'm already filling quad tabs with stuff for more chaos recipe turn ins)

I would love, just once, to be lucky, or figure out the "meta" of the day or league to just be able to play, and buy stuff when I want to

sorry.. lots of words. sometimes the frustration makes this whole thing not very fun

Last edited by frotzthedragon on Feb 18, 2021, 8:44:34 AM
Firstly, I know I haven't been a contributor to this thread (i've been lurking to see the build's performance as i'm looking for an alt character to run), but I just wanted to offer a few tips to @oldmetalguy regarding currency:

I too was in the same position you were, I have had 1 (ONE) exalt drop naturally for me this league and that was on launch day (believe it or not, got it during leveling in the acts), the rest has been chaos recipe or selling items.

For example, Alterations have been a great source of income this league as their price (thanks to the return of Harvest) has skyrocketed, Rituals have been kind in giving either a few chaos or items which can be accumulated and later sold in bulk (e.g. fossils), my recommendation would be (until you get up and running with your build) just play as many maps, as quickly / efficiently as possible, at the start of your gaming session, grab a load of maps and alch them all ready to go, then put them into a specific tab (I have a "Run" tab for example), then just play back-to-back maps, collecting stuff you can either sell or use in chaos recipes later (i have 2x quad tabs for example, one for 60-74 gear, another for 75-100 gear, items get thrown in and sorted at the end of my session or sorted as I go, but take as little time as possible so I can get back to mapping), after a while you'll accumulate the new Atlas passive points where you can spec into say Harbingers, Legion or Harvest etc. from there your currency should start snowballing and remember, if a nice item pops up in ritual that you can't afford right away, defer it a few times until you can afford it, it will eventually pay off.

To quote Al Pacino: "The inches we need are all around us!" and those inches soon turn into miles (or in this case, Chaos soon turns into Exalts).

I would also recommend something like Awakened POE Trade or Exilence for price checking and seeing how much profitable items you have laying in your stash tabs (I horde everything and with Exilence, I've had quite a few nice surprises!).

Hope this helps!

Also, can't wait for the full Elementalist build guide for this build :D
Last edited by DrowninG_Exile on Feb 18, 2021, 8:58:36 AM
"
For example, Alterations have been a great source of income this league as their price

I agree with you and each player must find her own solution.
I'm not a fast player and I like to take some yellow/uniques items.
So I could sell a lot of alteration for more than 4 ex (260/280 for 1 ex)
Ten Thousand Ways To Die ...
I also made quite a few Ex this league selling Alts.

I stopped doing the chaos recipe completely, as I now understand why people say it is far faster to just map and go in terms of currency generation.

Running Valdo's Rest constantly with atlas tree set to Harbinger is another large source of money for me. Ancient Orbs are extremely popular this league. I think I am averaging over 25c for every one I sell and they are easy to find (via shards).

But in general, I just started to do all the little things that I never before thought made a difference and they all add up over time.

Make sure you always invest in your maps. Use your sextents, use your scarabs, always run a master mission, use fragments to increase quantity, use anything and everything you have in your stash to make a map better.

Any item I don't recognize when they drop, I quickly use Awakened POE Trade on to get an instant idea of cost. If it is under 5c I toss it, if it is over 5c I give it a quick look to see how its rolls are and then throw it in a sell tab. I sell a ton of items that are between 10-25c and that adds up over time.

Early in league I sell chrome and jewelers before they become to over stocked. I made over 10ex this league doing that in the early weeks before stopping once the market got saturated.

I have had some decent luck in ritual but that also comes from running a ton of maps and rerolling the rituals almost every single time no matter what half way decent item is there originally.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Feb 18, 2021, 11:45:26 AM
oh and also level gems like crazy in your backup weapons.

I am always leveling an empower, enhance, and enlighten as much as possible.

Then you can gamble when they get to level 3's with a Vaal Orb for big bucks, or just sell them for a nice chunk of chaos. I always sell them at L3. I have sold over 7 of these this league. That is another few ex.

None of what I do is fancy, or takes any start up capital but it does take grinding. I know I am never going to get to the level where people are making 5 ex an hour and I am fine with that. Where I am now is such a huge improvement over what I used to be that I am happy.

I hope to continue learning to do better. This league I am trying to do some basic learning on crafting. Nothing to the point where I can make anything super and sell, but just pure knowledge so that maybe in a future league I can try it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info