[3.21] Aegis Incinerate Elementalist - Tank with over 10mil Shaper DPS!

"
Brigetiol wrote:
hi, I have face-tanked the lich king and the grand architect in the mine in standard, at depth 200, no lifeflasks, no extra spells, only incinerate and the cwdt stuff. the build works fine:) thank you guys!

Great to hear! Have fun!

----------------------------------------------------------
Something worth considering that I've done on my std char:
Since I had the free socket from not using Void Sphere anymore, I decided to put Tempest Shield there and put Reckoning back on the curse setup.

This means 2 things for me:
-TS reserves less mana, so more free for casting/automated procs
-I use an Anomalous Reckoning which gives 40% chance to Debilitate the enemy.

As a followup to this change I have specced into the Shield Mastery "Counterattacks have 50% chance to apply Debilitate on Hit for 1 sec.

This puts me at 90% chance, which should give a nice bit of extra defence. (maybe enough to make up for losing Fortify with the 3.16 changes).
"
Claeysken wrote:
"
Brigetiol wrote:
hi, I have face-tanked the lich king and the grand architect in the mine in standard, at depth 200, no lifeflasks, no extra spells, only incinerate and the cwdt stuff. the build works fine:) thank you guys!

Great to hear! Have fun!

----------------------------------------------------------
Since I had the free socket from not using Void Sphere anymore, I decided to put Tempest Shield there and put Reckoning back on the curse setup.

As a followup to this change I have specced into the Shield Mastery "Counterattacks have 50% chance to apply Debilitate on Hit for 1 sec".

This puts me at 90% chance, which should give a nice bit of extra defence. (maybe enough to make up for losing Fortify with the 3.16 changes).
Just a heads up. Be careful when buying the Self Control cluster. There are two different bases.

One is for ES and one is for Mana Efficiency. We want the one for Mana Efficiency. It should look like this

"
Claeysken wrote:

As a follow-up to this change I have specced into the Shield Mastery "Counterattacks have 50% chance to apply Debilitate on Hit for 1 sec.

This puts me at 90% chance, which should give a nice bit of extra defense. (maybe enough to make up for losing Fortify with the 3.16 changes).

I decided to see what this looks like in POB and it looks fantastic!

The mana savings from moving TS is so big we have no need for Enlighten at all any more. My POB shows a healthy 177 mana left over which is more than enough to run the build even under the worst case scenarios.

This POB makes the following changes:

1) Removes Enlighten entirely
2) Moves TS to where Enlighten was
3) Adds anomalous Reckoning where TS was to trigger our curses on block
4) Removed the Fire Mastery "Fire Exposure.."
5) Added the Shield Mastery "Chance to Debilitate..."

We lose a tiny amount of damage and pick up a wonderful, consistent, defensive layer here.

In previous leagues anomalous Reckoning was cheap since no one uses the skill so I am hopeful it will be cheap again this league.

https://pastebin.com/fSPNNGiS

If you can get to level 97, you can just retake the Fire Mastery we removed here to stay at level 96.

Well that was one of the most satisfying 3 chaos purchases I have ever made :)

I have been struggling with mana all while leveling and I hate using mana flasks.

I stopped to take a look if there were any of the mana reduction while channeling mods available on trade on a ring and there were plenty and just cheap enough :)

The ring absolutely sucks but I don't care because now I can hold down Incinerate for ever or at least until I increase the cost of Incinerate but I will worry about that later :)
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Oct 25, 2021, 12:35:20 AM
"
Just a heads up. Be careful when buying the Self Control cluster. There are two different bases.

One is for ES and one is for Mana Efficiency. We want the one for Mana Efficiency. It should look like this

Are you sure this still exists in this league? I am trying to set up a search for such a jewel and I cant find a "~small grant effic" ...

Can you give a trade search link?
Last edited by Chubbypuppy on Oct 25, 2021, 1:35:22 AM
"
Chubbypuppy wrote:
"

Are you sure this still exists in this league? I am trying to set up a search for such a jewel and I cant find a "~small grant effic" ...

Can you give a trade search link?

Yes it exists in league. That one I linked I am using right now in Scourge. Here is a trade link

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Scourge/OOpgyzauE
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Oct 25, 2021, 1:47:41 AM
Ah thank you, I was obviously using the wrong search
I'm level 57 now and about ready to do my second lab. I have 1 natural chaos drop, and all our gear is still 8C (weapon) or above, so it's gonna be a while.

I was running with HOA/vitality/clarity but last night I swapped into determination/HOA, for a bit more tankiness in scourge mode. Specced divine shield but not sure if it's doing anything (anyone know?)

I went to a family gathering yesterday and on the way I was listening to youtube vids. A few said people are complaining about how the league mechanics is not rewarding but they argue it's the scourge bonuses on maps that makes it rewarding later, like 100-200% MORE quality/quantity scaling with your scourge modifier. Too bad, I can use some of that freebie chaos like in ultimatum for my starter gear, I guess I'll be doing the chaos recipe for a while :D

Edit: while driving I was wondering if we can channel to max incinerate first then press V to go into scourge, would that interrupt the channeling? IF not then we can land on the monsters with full damage going. Even if it interrupts and releases the incinerate, if the final wave hits the monsters going in that would be good too. Napalming the area before the space marine drops in :D
Last edited by Chubbypuppy on Oct 25, 2021, 11:03:23 AM
"
Chubbypuppy wrote:

I went to a family gathering yesterday and on the way I was listening to youtube vids. A few said people are complaining about how the league mechanics is not rewarding but they argue it's the scourge bonuses on maps that makes it rewarding later, like 100-200% MORE quality/quantity scaling with your scourge modifier. Too bad, I can use some of that freebie chaos like in ultimatum for my starter gear, I guess I'll be doing the chaos recipe for a while :D

Edit: while driving I was wondering if we can channel to max incinerate first then press V to go into scourge, would that interrupt the channeling? IF not then we can land on the monsters with full damage going. Even if it interrupts and releases the incinerate, if the final wave hits the monsters going in that would be good too. Napalming the area before the space marine drops in :D

I am running the mechanic while leveling ever chance I get but I am only doing to so level up my skill tree. I hope to start using it for krangling maps which sounds interesting.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Oct 25, 2021, 2:03:11 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info