[3.21] Aegis Incinerate Elementalist - Tank with over 10mil Shaper DPS!

I am running all 5 auras now and sustaining Incin on a 4 link. Using Reckoning frees up so much mana. I am running with out a curse right now because I have a wand and Reckoning needs a scepter so I will make that change next.

This feels really strong now both offensively and defensively.

Infernal Cry is just obliterating the first swarming mob in scourge instantly which makes things much more comfortable in the nightmare realm.

I am level 66 now and when I get to level 68, this will be my flask setup which is likely to take me well into yellow maps easily.

Divine Life (bleed)
Atziri's Promise
The Wise Oak
Granite (increased armor)
Basalt (reduced curse)
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Oct 25, 2021, 1:52:09 PM
"
Chubbypuppy wrote:
Specced divine shield but not sure if it's doing anything (anyone know?)

yes!!

I just specced into it this morning and it took me a while to see it but it is working very well!! I was trying to figure out why my ES was bouncing back so well in small but steady chunks when fighting a boss and then I realized it was Divine Shield! It does not work like slow leech, it is instant chunks like our shield does.

If it works this way once I put on Glancing Blows, I think it is going to make for an awesome companion for our Shield as the two recoveries should stack very nicely. I am very pleased now that I can see it actually working.

I don't know if we need a certain amount of armor or not for it to work but I have a decent amount now. Remember that this keystone only works for Physical Damage mitigation so you will only see it proc on certain monsters if you have enough mitigation.
Just tested, you can charge incinerate to max stages then press V.
You go into scourge still channeling at max stages, no release
So remember to do that when you shift!
"
Chubbypuppy wrote:
Just tested, you can charge incinerate to max stages then press V.
You go into scourge still channeling at max stages, no release
So remember to do that when you shift!

nice, thanks for sharing!
The build was originally designed by Claeysken as a tank and he has stuck with that guiding principle through many iterations of the build over the past many leagues.

Even with out Fortify in 3.16, I am getting the feeling that this is the tankiest we have ever been before.

Lets list out the layers we have:

Health Pool:

Hybrid total of between 7.5k-8k

Elemental Mitigation:
Cold: 81%
Fire: 76%
Lighting: 76%

Fire further benefits from Arctic Armor. 12% less damage while standing still (our specialty :) )

We are shock immune via TS
We are freeze immune via AA

We also have Primal Aegis which is: Elemental damage from Hits is taken from this Aegis before your Life or energy Shield. I believe this little buffer will be about 2500 for us this league.

Physical Mitigation:

Armor ranges from 37k unbuffed to 50k buffed (flask and Molten Shell)

We get another 12% less physical damage taken from AA when stationary

Chaos Mitigation:

The build is designed such that capping chaos res is achievable
The new Arakali Pantheon tacks on a enormous 40% res to chaos DOT

The Arakali is very powerful for those that can't get to chaos res cap. Even if you only get to 35% chaos res, Arakali will cap us at 75% for chaos DOT.

General Damage Mitigation

We have a 90% chance to debilitate on block causing monsters to deal 10% less damage.

Nature's Patience also gives us 1% less damage taken for every second we stand still up to 10%. We can always have this at 10% at the start of every boss fight.

General Recovery

We have between 740(unbuffed) and 1000(buffed) ES recovered every time we block (which is 3 out of every 4 hits we take on average).

We have further ES recovery on all physical damage mitigated. (3% of physical damage mitigated)

We have life leech (almost capped)

We have ES leech (capped)

We have life regen ranging from 3% (unbuffed) to 8% (buffed)

Other stuff

We are stun immune when casting
We hope to be silence immune (jewel corruption)
We hope to be corrupted blood immune (jewel corruption)

While channeling we take 8% less AOE, Fire and Spell damage thanks to Infused Channeling support

What did I miss in this already impressive list? I mean look at how much has to go wrong for us to die once we are at full defensive power :)

Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Oct 26, 2021, 1:35:16 AM
I got lucky today. On my very first ring unveil with Jun I got the +1 to min Frenzy charges.

So if anyone in thread needs this mod crafted in the future, let me know. I can do it for free on my bench as long as you provide the Divine orb crafting cost.
You forgot divine shield recovery for ES

Aren't we life leech capped? You can only recover 20% per second and I'm sure we do enough damage to max that

Btw do you guys charge incinerate to max then release? I'm always confused if I should release. By the wording the released wave does 250% more but is that 250% more on top of the 250% we already stacked via 10 stages? Is it worth releasing then having to build back up (admittedly only takes us 1 second)
"
Chubbypuppy wrote:
You forgot divine shield recovery for ES

Aren't we life leech capped? You can only recover 20% per second and I'm sure we do enough damage to max that

Btw do you guys charge incinerate to max then release? I'm always confused if I should release. By the wording the released wave does 250% more but is that 250% more on top of the 250% we already stacked via 10 stages? Is it worth releasing then having to build back up (admittedly only takes us 1 second)

*I put divine shield in under General Recovery, the second line. But while rereading this I realized I forgot Bastion of Elements and the Primal Aegis. I will go back and add that in the elemental section.

*As for life leech, I was just going by what POB said. It says Life Leech cap is 787.4 and our Life Leech rate is 708.7 in that latest POB I posted.

I won't pretend I understand this because when I raise our damage, the Life Leech rate remains constant so I am probably misunderstanding what Life Leech Cap and Life Leech Rate is.

* We have this discussion every league about releasing and I always forget too. From my research, it appears that if you time it absolutely perfectly, that it is mathematically better to charge and release, when looking at only incinerate. But I tend to just hold until I have to move myself though because I am more concerned with keeping EO up which requires constant hitting. Releasing will lower our ability to keep EO up I think for single target. When mapping, I tend to look for only 1/4 health left and the I release on mobs which seems to wipe them out most times.

Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Oct 26, 2021, 1:41:52 AM
Made it to maps and got my 3rd ascendency point.

Just done a few Tier 1 maps so far. Very easy. Krangling maps looks like it will be slow until I get those Scourge skill points placed for the maps.

I am up to a 5 link now for Incinerate.

I would say my only concern with the build at this point is not seeing EO proc enough. I know I will be picking up more crit chance as I level Inspiration but I think my temporary boot enchant should have more than covered me while leveling that.

I am going to have to look more closely at POB and see if there is anything I am doing wrong in my set up.

Overall very happy. Now I just need to slowly grind out currency to start buying some of the core gear.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Oct 26, 2021, 1:36:35 AM
"

*As for life leech, I was just going by what POB said. It says Life Leech cap is 787.4 and our Life Leech rate is 708.7 in that latest POB I posted.

POE makes the whole leeching thing very complicated, with instances of leeching, how much max hp recoverable per instance, etc. This video is 3 years old but I think most of it is still correct:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_x2zZmKjTw

For me I simplify it in my mind thusly:

We have a natural cap of being able to leech 20% of our max life a second. If your leech cap is 787, then I assume that's 20% of your max life.

Life leech rate of 708.7 is about 90% of 787, which would account for the 10% less life recovery we get with 10% max life.

As for keeping up with elemental overload, maybe don't use controlled destruction for now?

Last edited by Chubbypuppy on Oct 26, 2021, 1:57:27 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info