Getting Started with Heraldry Guardian under 30ex

"
ThorTheGray wrote:
Just used this to switch from Storm Brand Hiero over to this. I am 98 and want to hit 100 this league. Never have before. I hope with the change I will be able to. So far it feels good. Only 6800 ES but I feel more tanky for sure.

-Put haste in your helmet
-purity of the elements does nothing for us. you can use this extra slot to link enlighten or empower to stuff, or use smite
-get level 21 auras (do these yourself, and buy vaal haste level 21)
-leadership and prowess are both pretty bad nodes. replace amulet with a base that provides +24/30 STR and has vitality/mana reserve and 20% ES, and then take cobalt jewels with %ES (and +STR if needed).

My Guardian at 100 with fairly standard gear (using Alpha's Howl with +2 implicit and no enchant, used a pure aptitude small cluster instead) had about 8500ES.
Hey Guys, i have about 90exalts left to spend. What gears do you think i should pick up next.

"
raychin1 wrote:
Hey Guys, i have about 90exalts left to spend. What gears do you think i should pick up next.

If you're looking to boost your damage, a +2 to projectile gems corruption on shavs would be great. Bottled faith flask as well to reach near 100% crit. Getting a level 21 discipline and precision would be nice also. A rare belt with a good amount of ES and chaos resistance will also improve survivability. Unnatural instinct is also an option.

I have about 78ex to start this build, plus a WE + bottled faith + cinderswallow + prism guardian from a hierophant storm brand build

Is this build expensive ? Heard voices are about 20ex each

How much are the required clusters jewels ? 1.5-2ex each ?
Last edited by Valant on May 16, 2020, 11:15:31 AM
"
BrettLee wrote:
"
ThorTheGray wrote:
Just used this to switch from Storm Brand Hiero over to this. I am 98 and want to hit 100 this league. Never have before. I hope with the change I will be able to. So far it feels good. Only 6800 ES but I feel more tanky for sure.

-purity of the elements does nothing for us. you can use this extra slot to link enlighten or empower to stuff, or use smite
-leadership and prowess are both pretty bad nodes. replace amulet with a base that provides +24/30 STR and has vitality/mana reserve and 20% ES, and then take cobalt jewels with %ES (and +STR if needed).

My Guardian at 100 with fairly standard gear (using Alpha's Howl with +2 implicit and no enchant, used a pure aptitude small cluster instead) had about 8500ES.

All good points and I did mess up on the base with the amulet. I will replace it. Question though. You say Purity of Elements does nothing but it boosts our uncapped resists sky high. Does this not give us a huge boost because of Nebulis? I'm at 395 fire, 436 cold and 474 lightning.
"
ThorTheGray wrote:
"
BrettLee wrote:
"
ThorTheGray wrote:

All good points and I did mess up on the base with the amulet. I will replace it. Question though. You say Purity of Elements does nothing but it boosts our uncapped resists sky high. Does this not give us a huge boost because of Nebulis? I'm at 395 fire, 436 cold and 474 lightning.

Its ok, a lot of people are buying INT or INT/DEX bases without realising it and then struggling to come up with the required STR. The bonuses from nebulis are limited to your resistance above 75% which caps at 90%, not your uncapped resistances.
"
BrettLee wrote:

Its ok, a lot of people are buying INT or INT/DEX bases without realising it and then struggling to come up with the required STR. The bonuses from nebulis are limited to your resistance above 75% which caps at 90%, not your uncapped resistances.

Just goes to show you that even as a veteran (who was mainly melee for years) you can still read and misinterpret stuff in this game lol. I will def look into swapping out purity of elements.

Kind of sad I am only going to enjoy this for less than a month!
Last edited by ThorTheGray on May 16, 2020, 12:26:45 PM
"
notgud wrote:
"
raychin1 wrote:

If you're looking to boost your damage, a +2 to projectile gems corruption on shavs would be great. Bottled faith flask as well to reach near 100% crit. Getting a level 21 discipline and precision would be nice also. A rare belt with a good amount of ES and chaos resistance will also improve survivability. Unnatural instinct is also an option.

Thanks bought a +2 for 20ex
"
Valant wrote:
I have about 78ex to start this build, plus a WE + bottled faith + cinderswallow + prism guardian from a hierophant storm brand build

Is this build expensive ? Heard voices are about 20ex each

How much are the required clusters jewels ? 1.5-2ex each ?

5 passive variants of voices are 20ex each, while the 7 passive variants go for 1ex, last I checked. You're honestly fine with sticking with the 7 passive variants for a long while, I only upgraded one of mine to a 5 passive variant at lvl 100 so I could pick up the Influence notable.

The required medium clusters, if you're purchasing them pre-crafted, go for about slightly under 1ex for a PH/Endbringer variants, and about 2ex for a PH/Heraldry variant. 78ex is more than enough to have the base character setup and feel good to play, and you will have enough currency for some other upgrades on the side, like a +2 corruption on the shavs and for a nice pair of tailwind boots. However, the build is expensive to min-max, and if you plan on taking it to the limit, be prepared to sink a lot of currency into it. But, it will still perform very well even if you don't invest hundreds of exalts into it.
In terms of clear speed, which is better chain or fork

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info