Getting Started with Heraldry Guardian under 30ex

"
BrettLee wrote:
I think its important to specify that this build is mediocre until you hit the base gear and 9 PH. I still see a lot of people asking why their herald build is so weak, so it would be good to clarify that up front. And even when you hit the base gear, its still completely outclassed by plenty of other builds until you start to add better gear (+2 chest/helmet/shield, implicit gloves, tailwind/doryani boots) and add more jewel sockets.

With that in mind, it could be worthwhile including a short levelling section in the guide with suggestions such as hollow palm / storm brand and a recommendation for when to respect/switch to Herald build.

You should also specify that the CotB need to be 48% conversion.

Thanks for the feedback, I'll put a short leveling advice in. I already wrote that the rings needed to be bought with elemental damage quality on it, but I've made it clearer about looking for the 48% conversion. I agree with you that the build is mediocre until further investment, but at the same time, it probably has the best overall scaling with investment for a build this league. I've crafted this build to have a baseline starting character that will feel smooth in high tier maps (excluding delirium orbed maps) and still be on a somewhat acceptable budget, with easy upgrades to work towards.

With the upgrades listed and natural progression with leveling, you can easily reach nearing 7k ES and twice the dps of the base build guide within the next 30-40ex put into the build.

Last edited by notgud on May 11, 2020, 5:41:26 AM
"
Used your guide as a baseline to get a herald build up and running and its working pretty good so far. One thing i'm a bit confused about is that I can't figure out why I have no regen even with Unwavering Faith + Zealot's Oath. Mind taking a look at my character and giving some advice?

edit: LMAO I figured it out. Skyforth's are the culprit lol
Great guide for getting a herald character started.

Great to hear that the build is working out for you! Do let me know here or in-game if you have any further questions about scaling the build or anything.
What a nice guide! couldn't find any other this good on a bugdet and so well explained. 10/10 would recommend
Loved this guide. Liked your insight on when it "felt good" to swap over too, that is super important to me and meant I decided to wait for a bit more currency before swapping. I'm glad I did.

Only thing that bit me was that you will need 11 str (why couldn't it be 10 for hybrid mod arg!) on your jewels for wand (104) + blood magic lv21 (114), and that isn't on the tree and wasn't mentioned till the examples of jewels later on. Prowess (+30) and Split Personality unfortunately don't "solve all your strength problems", though they help a ton.

It makes me think that a rare ES belt with 41str would be great as I could then get a non-str affix on a jewel (opening up options for availability of corruptions) and freeing up another point for yet another jewel slot. Alternatively if you have str on your amulet (I don't) you could keep using bated breath or more options for other ES belts. % attributes might work too combined with some str off amulet. Obviously +all attributes is best since the int gives us some ES too.

Anyways, thank you so much for the guide and upgrade paths!
how do we reach good levels of physical damage reduction? i dont leveled my jewels but my phys res is like 3 %
"
Loved this guide. Liked your insight on when it "felt good" to swap over too, that is super important to me and meant I decided to wait for a bit more currency before swapping. I'm glad I did.

Only thing that bit me was that you will need 11 str (why couldn't it be 10 for hybrid mod arg!) on your jewels for wand (104) + blood magic lv21 (114), and that isn't on the tree and wasn't mentioned till the examples of jewels later on. Prowess (+30) and Split Personality unfortunately don't "solve all your strength problems", though they help a ton.

It makes me think that a rare ES belt with 41str would be great as I could then get a non-str affix on a jewel (opening up options for availability of corruptions) and freeing up another point for yet another jewel slot. Alternatively if you have str on your amulet (I don't) you could keep using bated breath or more options for other ES belts. % attributes might work too combined with some str off amulet. Obviously +all attributes is best since the int gives us some ES too.

Anyways, thank you so much for the guide and upgrade paths!

Hm, that's a little odd regarding the strength requirement not working out. In the level 80 PoB that I included, the character has 119 strength, enough for blood magic support and Nebulis, 30 from prowess, 50 from split personality, and 16 from the onyx amulet base itself. I took a look at your character, and it's probably because you chose the turqoise amulet as a base, which in hindsight I should have included the base selection for the amulet in the guide. I didn't take into account that the 16 str it provided was key to reaching attribute requirements.

I agree with you on the eventual upgrade to a rare belt, as getting chaos resistance and strength as suffixes would greatly help out this build. Eventually, you'll be able to swap the str/int split personality out for an int/es split personality, but that's expensive and doesn't add that much energy shield. Further down the line, you can swap over to a stygian vise as well, as it has a abyssal jewel socket that you can put another 1% reduced mana reservation jewel in. Something like this, but you could do better.

Which is better here Crit type or damage str type.

[Removed by Support]
Last edited by Matthew_GGG on May 14, 2020, 9:50:12 AM
Is the 20% purity reduction necessary or does the 14% work for alpha howl
Hi ! First of all thanks for the build ! Now I was wondering, what 6 gems do you use in the 6-l because in the guides, you are showing 7 lol :)
"
OblikZ wrote:
Hi ! First of all thanks for the build ! Now I was wondering, what 6 gems do you use in the 6-l because in the guides, you are showing 7 lol :)

For the 6-link setup, I wrote that you can swap between inspiration and cold penetration depending on preference and the colours of the body armour that you buy. I prefer inspiration as it smoothens out my crit chance for HoI explosions during clear, although cold penetration support will provide a slightly higher single target dps.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info