Getting Started with Heraldry Guardian under 30ex

"
raychin1 wrote:
Is the 20% purity reduction necessary or does the 14% work for alpha howl

14% purity reduction will not work unless you have multiple "1% reduced mana reserved" corruptions on cobalt jewels, which will require more levels to allocate jewel sockets.
"
Fick1995 wrote:
Which is better here Crit type or damage str type.

[Removed by Support]

Definitely crit, we get a lot of crit chance from zealotry and precision, which are buffed to about 5x effectiveness through purposeful harbinger. And the maligaro's gloves gives us free 150% crit multi.
"
notgud wrote:
swap between inspiration and cold penetration depending on preference

Assuming I'm also using inspiration, for bossing would you swap fork out for cold pen then? That's what I've been doing so far for A8 Sirus and thankfully they are the same color. Am I missing something here?

edit: I also see a lot of people using arcane surge instead of energy leech, but I agree until ES leech on watcher's eye it is just too good to pass up on the surviveability front! I also see a lot hypothermia and/or controlled destruction out there, but I like fork for clear QOL a lot so I don't think I'd go that route.

"
notgud wrote:
maligaro's gloves gives us free 150% crit multi.

Doesn't maligaro make any crit multi you get elsewhere (jewels, implicits on nebulus) useless as it sets crit multi to 300% no matter what? You'd have to swap in other gloves right? (shadows and dust for rampage? Asenath's Gentle Touch for explosions? do you have a recommendation?)
Last edited by OrionPlays on May 15, 2020, 12:09:06 AM
Why take minion 10% over the 10% increased damage while affected by herald
"
raychin1 wrote:
Why take minion 10% over the 10% increased damage while affected by herald

Hi, this build is aimed at getting started with herald stacking on a tight budget. The 10% increased damage on the small passive doesn't matter much in the face of the massive amounts of generic increased damage we get (125% from each endbringer notable, ~300% increased lightning and cold damage from nebulis), that it isn't worth the extra cost it would take to use the "10% increased damage while affected by a herald" base for all 9 of our medium clusters. Of course, you will get slightly more damage by using the damage base instead of minion damage base, but that can always come at a later stage when more currency is available for upgrading.
"
"
notgud wrote:
swap between inspiration and cold penetration depending on preference

Assuming I'm also using inspiration, for bossing would you swap fork out for cold pen then? That's what I've been doing so far for A8 Sirus and thankfully they are the same color. Am I missing something here?

edit: I also see a lot of people using arcane surge instead of energy leech, but I agree until ES leech on watcher's eye it is just too good to pass up on the surviveability front! I also see a lot hypothermia and/or controlled destruction out there, but I like fork for clear QOL a lot so I don't think I'd go that route.

"
notgud wrote:
maligaro's gloves gives us free 150% crit multi.

Doesn't maligaro make any crit multi you get elsewhere (jewels, implicits on nebulus) useless as it sets crit multi to 300% no matter what? You'd have to swap in other gloves right? (shadows and dust for rampage? Asenath's Gentle Touch for explosions? do you have a recommendation?)

Yes, for big endgame bosses, I swap out fork for cold pen. The gem setup is honestly up to preference, outside of the mandatory spell echo + physical to lightning. Cold penetration compared to inspiration gives better overall damage assuming you don't plan on gem-swapping for endgame bosses (again, this is all up to preference). However, I prefer using inspiration + fork support and gem-swapping the fork for sirus kills, since inspiration helps smoothen out crits during mapping for HoI explosions to help with clear. I would recommend awakened controlled destruction once your ES regen becomes sufficient enough to do away with leech, it gives a bigger dps increase than arcane surge.

Regarding the maligaro's gloves, I should have clarified that they lock crit multi at 300%. It's very difficult to replace it, as you would have to get two crit multi stats on each cobalt jewel in order to break 300% crit multi. If you can do that, the gloves slot is open to a Hands of the High Templar with great implicits like level of aoe gems, curse on hit, etc. or a temple + crusader mod gloves with phys to lightning conversion to allow you more options with watcher's eye mods since the phys to lightning conversion wrath mod would no longer be needed. Rampage gloves would be fine too, but Asenath explosion gloves would not benefit clear much since our clear is already very good.
Which pantheon do you recommend?
"
raychin1 wrote:
Which pantheon do you recommend?

I personally like the Lunaris pantheon for movement speed while mapping, but Soul of the Brine King in combination with the Guardian ascendancy node "Bastion of Hope". For minor pantheon, Shakari is best for the immunity to poison and reduced chaos damage taken, since chaos damage is the one thing that you will have trouble with until you get more sources of chaos resistance.
Just used this to switch from Storm Brand Hiero over to this. I am 98 and want to hit 100 this league. Never have before. I hope with the change I will be able to. So far it feels good. Only 6800 ES but I feel more tanky for sure.
"
ThorTheGray wrote:
Just used this to switch from Storm Brand Hiero over to this. I am 98 and want to hit 100 this league. Never have before. I hope with the change I will be able to. So far it feels good. Only 6800 ES but I feel more tanky for sure.

Best of luck to you! Got to level 100 for the first time ever with this build, although admittedly herald stacking is a little too strong. Best advice is to keep stacking up that ES with cobalt jewels and a rare helm/belt, I managed to hit almost 10k ES and could facetank almost everything in the game with about 3k ES regen.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info