Getting Started with Heraldry Guardian under 30ex

"
GreyLensman wrote:
Haste is a massive damage boost

yes ... i actually realized that when wondering why raychin1´s profile has 3 times my dps - even when deactivating his jewels -> 2x :D

its indeed the haste ... damnit, seems i really have to get this rolling ( as i also could not see enough dps on my current setup for Sirius, even with 6l and level 21KE ), but the haste kind of explains much.

ouch okay ... first lets get this helmet ench then ...
Ok, thank you so far guys, no i have a problem i do not understand.

Some quick descriptions :

1. alpha howl with now with purity of ice reduced 20% mana res.
2. maligaros socketed with blood magic 21, purity of ice, haste, herald of ash
3. prism guardian hatred, wrath, zealotry
4. i use 5x heraldry to add this, so this should not be wrong

now check this picture, active are ( only counting the blood magics here )

- hatred, wrath, zealotry in shield
- herald of ash ( in the gloves, linked with PoI, Haste and BM 21 )

now i activate haste, life completely gone ( purity of ice only aura missing, linked to blood magic - but there is not even close to the required amount free )

question : how the heck can i fit the 22% life reserved i need for purity of ice here? i might overlook something, but compared some setups - and even 5% less reserve from tree would not help i think

amulet with -6% is there, my profile is public

would appreciate if someone could point me into the direction where i might fail something - the guide says i can get rid of these "-herald reservation" jewels - as they would not help here anyway ( so i never got one ).

Thank you
Last edited by bex_HB on May 25, 2020, 5:23:00 PM
"
bex_HB wrote:
Ok, thank you so far guys, no i have a problem i do not understand.

Some quick descriptions :

1. alpha howl with now with purity of ice reduced 20% mana res.
2. maligaros socketed with blood magic 21, purity of ice, haste, herald of ash
3. prism guardian hatred, wrath, zealotry
4. i use 5x heraldry to add this, so this should not be wrong

now check this picture, active are ( only counting the blood magics here )

- hatred, wrath, zealotry in shield
- herald of ash ( in the gloves, linked with PoI, Haste and BM 21 )

now i activate haste, life completely gone ( purity of ice only aura missing, linked to blood magic - but there is not even close to the required amount free )

question : how the heck can i fit the 22% life reserved i need for purity of ice here? i might overlook something, but compared some setups - and even 5% less reserve from tree would not help i think

amulet with -6% is there, my profile is public

would appreciate if someone could point me into the direction where i might fail something - the guide says i can get rid of these "-herald reservation" jewels - as they would not help here anyway ( so i never got one ).

Thank you

Anoint Champion of the cause on amulet
Aaaaaah ... f***, thank you - i knew that i overlooked something ( i bought a new amu, for ES, on my old one i had the annoint ).

Thank you, seriously :D

// edit well, too enthusiastic, it does nothing to add the annoint :-(

here some pix, everything active but purity of ice, because it simply won´t fit ( not in the blood magic setup where its currently socketed, nor in the mana setup ).

i guess is have to drop something of the others then as only way, right?

Or do i have an aura / a herald too many? Don´t think so as far as i see - ths REALLY MESS IS : i can even drop zealotry or hatred ( one of the gems reserving 14% life via prism guardian and it does not help, not enough as purity of ice needs 22% life reserved !

Last edited by bex_HB on May 26, 2020, 3:45:13 AM
"
bex_HB wrote:
Aaaaaah ... f***, thank you - i knew that i overlooked something ( i bought a new amu, for ES, on my old one i had the annoint ).

here some pix, everything active but purity of ice, because it simply won´t fit ( not in the blood magic setup where its currently socketed, nor in the mana setup ).

Or do i have an aura / a herald too many? Don´t think so as far as i see - ths REALLY MESS IS : i can even drop zealotry or hatred ( one of the gems reserving 14% life via prism guardian and it does not help, not enough as purity of ice needs 22% life reserved !

4% mana reserve node missing on passive tree and grab a mana reserve jewel, that should fix it
Last edited by raychin1 on May 26, 2020, 5:24:31 AM
After x how many -mana reserved % jewels, can I start to drop Heraldry notable cluster? Eventually, I will just be using PH and Endbringer clusters only ?

I just started picking up my first mana reserved jewel

Are 2 jewels with projectile speed sufficient ?
Last edited by Valant on May 26, 2020, 6:13:13 AM
"
Valant wrote:
After x how many -mana reserved % jewels, can I start to drop Heraldry notable cluster? Eventually, I will just be using PH and Endbringer clusters only ?

I just started picking up my first mana reserved jewel

Are 2 jewels with projectile speed sufficient ?

Felt comfortable with just one projectile speed jewel, but it's up to preference. If you have PoB, you can just check the mana reservation on your heralds, if they're -10% you can switch out a heraldry with no observable change. Without PoB, you'll have to manually calculate your mana reservation. Or you can just do trial and error and unallocate a heraldry passive and see if you can still fit everything in. The number of mana reservation jewels really differs based on your setup, so I can't really give a hard number, but it's probably a minimum of 4 before you can consider removing a heraldry notable. I ended up with just 2 heraldry notables with my final build, but you could probably run less with more investment.
Last edited by notgud on May 26, 2020, 6:35:15 AM
"
raychin1 wrote:
"
bex_HB wrote:

4% mana reserve node missing on passive tree and grab a mana reserve jewel, that should fix it

To add on, if the 1% mana reservation jewel isn't enough, you can use conqueror's efficiency for 2% reduced mana reserved, that's what I used in the PoB to fit in all auras without a helm enchant.
@notgud

yes, thank you. but i see the numbers, it simply will not help to reduce -1 or even -5%

look at the 22% which with helm ench. purity of ice will need, there is no room left on life or mana

- helm enchant in place
- champion of the cause as well

all auras and heralds active ( all but purity of ice ), and no room left - i don´t get it, do i have one too many running? i compared builds, they at least have the same socketed like me, but maybe always one of them inactive?
"
bex_HB wrote:
@notgud

yes, thank you. but i see the numbers, it simply will not help to reduce -1 or even -5%

look at the 22% which with helm ench. purity of ice will need, there is no room left on life or mana

- helm enchant in place
- champion of the cause as well

all auras and heralds active ( all but purity of ice ), and no room left - i don´t get it, do i have one too many running? i compared builds, they at least have the same socketed like me, but maybe always one of them inactive?

Why not??? See below POB, you are MISSING an important 4% mana reserve node - get it and a mana reserve jewel.

https://pastebin.com/TsneGfdq
Last edited by raychin1 on May 26, 2020, 10:24:24 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info