3.11 | Carry Me Golems | Carrion/Stone Golem Elementalist | Very Tanky and High DPS summoner

"
Ok, so maybe i'm doing something wrong... first time playing a golem-build, but i got some currency left and wanted to try out a golem-build this league. Is it even possible to level with this build? I'm using leveling uniques, got my six-link with +1 to socketed gems, but it just took me 10(!!!) minutes to take down Malachai in Act 4. Only talking about the second phase, with Piety already being dead... Since we're missing Deathmark Support, the golems attack the respawning adds all the time, or kept attacking Malachai even though he had his shield...

I have 6 Carrion Golems, one stone and one chaos golem. Using the leveling tree, to get as many jewel slots as fast as possible.

Oh, and btw... hi Grimjack ;-)

Edit: Ok, sometimes i'm just... switched to Triad Grip when i reached level 34... converting 100% physical to elemental damage, when supporting the main damage golem with Brutality Support is just plain stupid...
Hey Horned! :)

The primordial chain neck and carrion golems don't mix well. I'd swap to stone golems for your main damage output, and use a chaos and ice golem for support.

When you have the levels / currency to run zombies / spectres / animated guardian supports for carrions, drop the neck for a +2 gems and switch back.
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
"
stfukthx wrote:
"
grimjack68 wrote:
"
stfukthx wrote:
how do you guys make ur spectres and zombies survive in t17+ 100% delirium maps with double beyond? (the beyond bosses are the problem)
the helmet isnt enough and everything else on the tree would take too much points, so the loss in dmg would make other golems better.

oh, and do you really spec into gravepact? because 4/5 points for a bit accuracy, 4% double damage with diminishing returns since we got renewal and a bit attackspeed seems very bad for the points.
the increased damage is useless, since we alrdy got so much with harmonies, that it doesnt really take into account (its same multiplier).
1 more harmony or medium with renewal would be more damage per point.

Zombies die, not a big deal, they are easy to resummon. Spectres are a bigger pain in the rump to resummon. I ended up leveling a spectre bank so I could always get them back easily.

With that said, the +3 minion helm with added minion life set them up to only die rarely. Mostly because the carrions rip up bosses so fast they rarely get a chance to kill any minions. Liberal use of convocation helps, too. The AG with culling strike and fortify doesn't hurt, and They of Tul with his annoying snowstorm... it just all adds up.

Yes to Gravepact. I couldn't spec into another jewel socket with the 4 points anyway, and at high 90's level, you're pushing into diminishing returns on the tree.

each dead zombie is a dps loss. and no, in t17+ double beyond 100% delirious abaxoth and so on arent shred that fast, that they cant set off some attacks. so they hit the spectres quite often with large aoe.
you got a lot of times 3-5 beyond bosses up at the same time (100%+ packsize maps)

well its not just 4 points. the spec to disciple and training seems also worse compared to 4% life nodes, if we add up the total gain.
im just wondering, because i see this spec a lot in builds.
for 8 points golems blood and the jewel there are reachable and thats 5 points for socket and 3 points for 15% life.
i thought i miss something on the gravepact thing, thats why im asking :D

You should be overcapped on non-golem minions. Only the first 10 count, and we run 4 spectres & an animated guardian, so we only need 5 zombies alive to cap the more damage line for CGs. 3 if you've squeezed in skitterbots.

It's possible the high end juiced maps are different this league from last, that could explain the difference in experience. /me shrugs. I was looking at your character trying to figure out what's going on, but it looks as though you're trying out different gem/gear combinations, so I'm having a hard time piecing together your setup. If you have a POB, that would help.

Also, I really didn't spend any time trying to min/max this build. It just wasn't necessary. I'm sure we could go for corrupted golem jewels with high rolls, optimize the tree more, and spend tons of time divining the timeless jewel, etc, but it seems pointless when it chews through content so easily already.
Last edited by grimjack68 on Oct 18, 2020, 4:33:36 PM
"
Did anyone here try to deep delve (depth 1000+) with this build? I tried Deep Delve last league with my poison BV (depth 1000, then another 100 with the penance brand-version) and the old-guy-tank-build, but tbh, after depth 800, it just gets REALLY fcked up for any melee-build. I saw a few golemancer deep-delve too, but don't see any this league...
This build gets rippy pretty early in the mines. There's a lot of effort put into damage mitigation, which works great for maps, but the mines scale damage so high that it doesn't help, you'll still die. IMHO, the mines require a build that avoids all damage in the first place.
"
grimjack68 wrote:

The primordial chain neck and carrion golems don't mix well. I'd swap to stone golems for your main damage output, and use a chaos and ice golem for support.

When you have the levels / currency to run zombies / spectres / animated guardian supports for carrions, drop the neck for a +2 gems and switch back.

Yeah, switching as soon as i'm done leveling. Got ~40ex atm, and enough Contracts to get another couple of them. Or i just sell my Poison BV gear, which is worth over 200ex... if i really like that build ;-) But just wanted to see what all the fuzz is about, so it was finally time to try out a golem build...

"
grimjack68 wrote:
This build gets rippy pretty early in the mines. There's a lot of effort put into damage mitigation, which works great for maps, but the mines scale damage so high that it doesn't help, you'll still die. IMHO, the mines require a build that avoids all damage in the first place.

Yeah, tank-builds rarely work below ~depth 1000. Damage scaling REALLY skyrockets after ~depth 800. There was one tank-build who was able to get to depth 3000+, which i copied last league, but all the other builds were evasion based. Just thought that maybe the pets could maybe tank that damage... i know that minion builds did deep-delve last league, but i remember sth about being duo-builds with good synergies, or stuff like that...
Last season I saw streamer delving 1400+ with a normal/mapping carrion build, but it was Harvest. So I think this season its more like 800-1000 max. I also believe his carrion golem variant is probably better.

Got a helmet :). Now I need to work on the amulet. Is the +1 all int and all +1 all physical the only option for the amulet?
"
motokorth wrote:

Got a helmet :). Now I need to work on the amulet. Is the +1 all int and all +1 all physical the only option for the amulet?
Nice helm!

That's the only real option for amulet, yes. Check the price to build your own - often the cost to buy one outright is more than the price to buy a hunter amulet with +1 int, a warlord with +1 phys, and the awakener's to combine them. Just ensure those are the only conqueror affixes on them before you combine them!
"
grimjack68 wrote:

It's possible the high end juiced maps are different this league from last, that could explain the difference in experience. /me shrugs. I was looking at your character trying to figure out what's going on, but it looks as though you're trying out different gem/gear combinations, so I'm having a hard time piecing together your setup. If you have a POB, that would help.

Also, I really didn't spend any time trying to min/max this build. It just wasn't necessary. I'm sure we could go for corrupted golem jewels with high rolls, optimize the tree more, and spend tons of time divining the timeless jewel, etc, but it seems pointless when it chews through content so easily already.

i dont rly play heist, because i dont like it.
im messing around in standard with the 100packsize double/ripple beyond 100%deli maps.
dont get me wrong, for heist content its no problem, but in standard all the zombies and spectres die pretty fast when there are 3 beyond bosses out. (the rest is also no problem)
thats why i currently run chaos golems.
stone golems are too slow and id like to use carrions, because its easier to scale their damage more. but they need the spectres for that :/
"
Fenris1970 wrote:
Last season I saw streamer delving 1400+ with a normal/mapping carrion build, but it was Harvest. So I think this season its more like 800-1000 max. I also believe his carrion golem variant is probably better.

According to POE Ninja, there are two people 1200+ with Anima Stone and several others pretty deep.

I myself without Brass Dome (and no crit immunity) @ 4.3K life and DF @ 85% can handle near 300 so far. It is definitely on the edge, though. I think I am at 280 right now, and maybe died on one node when I wasn't paying attention.

Last league I ran to 400, I believe, without ever touching a flask or active ability. I am confident that my build last league could handle 600 with no deaths and easily 1000 if I didn't mind dying occasionally. Damage does scale as you go deeper, but it doesn't spike.

That said, keep in mind that delve depth on softcore is a bit ambiguous. For all you know people could be dying every 5 minutes or every couple of nodes. The only true way to know a builds capable depth is to look at the HC numbers. At least that way you know the true depth in which you can easily go Then just add another 100 or 200 levels from that point, if a few deaths are acceptable.

For HC and this build, or a derivative of this build:

https://poe.ninja/challengehc/builds/char/21121995q/%D0%94%D0%95%D0%B2%D0%B0%D1%87%D0%BA%D0%B8%D0%B2%D1%8B%D1%87%D0%B5%D0%B2%D0%BE?i=0&search=item%3DThe-Anima-Stone%2CThe-Brass-Dome%26sort%3Ddepth-solo

So, basically 200.
Last edited by ArchAngelGabe777 on Oct 19, 2020, 10:43:21 AM
If your AG dies, do you still lose all the items? I heard they changed it this league...

Can anyone confirm?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info