[3.11] CoC Ball Lightning Assassin - 20M+ Shaper DPS/10k ES/fortify - League Starter Guide Included

"
Cogsly wrote:
Must have hits cant be evaded on it.

The cheap option is Lycosidae for 5c until you get a scepter worth the 3ex craft or enough currency to throw it on an average scepter.
That is most kind of you
lvl 92 and i cant survive t16 40% delirium maps. the only thing i can think im missing is fortify? can someone take a look to see if there's a secret sauce im missing? thanks!
"
InsaineMad wrote:
lvl 92 and i cant survive t16 40% delirium maps. the only thing i can think im missing is fortify? can someone take a look to see if there's a secret sauce im missing? thanks!

You are missing CDR. At least, get 14%+ CDR from your belt. Your sceptre has very high aps, so 14% CDR may not be enough (I'm not sure about it because you didn't give me your PoB). Most items can be upgraded. Remember that T16 40% delirium maps are end-game contents. I don't think your gear is good enough to do it.
For exmample:
helm: 15% mana reservation enchant, more ES
shield: lightning or spell damage
rare ring: more ES, attributes and resists
mark of the shaper: Buy a better one. 75-80% spell damage and 10% max ES. Then use caster catalysts.
body armour: more ES
amulet: global crit multi and high dex or all attributes mods
boots: more ES
belt: %ES and CDR (go to gear>crafting guide).
Last edited by N0esy on May 5, 2020, 8:35:24 PM
Thanks for the build ! It is actually my first T1 build and I am lvl 98 now. I have started this build with 30 ex and I have earned more than 200 ex with it. (I have upgraded a lot of items, and I think that I have a cheaper version than yours =D )

It was easy to clear most of the content: A8 Sirus, Uber Elder ...... except the deep delve x)

I am on depth 850 now and I think that I don't have enough damage to OS monsters and I am not tanky enough (9.2k ES), do you have any idea about the most efficient way for me to minmax ?

I saw your POB on POE Ninja and the passive tree is a bit different, can you describe the 2 cluster jewel version ?

The POE ninja link : https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/OdeonBlueBuff/AutoAttackMaster?i=2&search=class%3DAssassin%26skill%3DBall-Lightning%26sort%3Ddepth-solo
Last edited by OdeonBlueBuff on May 6, 2020, 6:46:56 PM
"
OdeonBlueBuff wrote:
Thanks for the build ! It is actually my first T1 build and I am lvl 98 now. I have started this build with 30 ex and I have earned more than 200 ex with it. (I have upgraded a lot of items, and I think that I have a cheaper version than yours =D )

It was easy to clear most of the content: A8 Sirus, Uber Elder ...... except the deep delve x)

I am on depth 850 now and I think that I don't have enough damage to OS monsters and I am not tanky enough (9.2k ES), do you have any idea about the most efficient way for me to minmax ?

I saw your POB on POE Ninja and the passive tree is a bit different, can you describe the 2 cluster jewel version ?

The POE ninja link : https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/OdeonBlueBuff/AutoAttackMaster?i=2&search=class%3DAssassin%26skill%3DBall-Lightning%26sort%3Ddepth-solo

On 850 depth everything one/two-shots you, so stacking more ES might not be helpful.
1. You don't have 52% CDR, so get more CDR and also find a sceptre with higher aps.
2. Your amulet can use 1 more damage mod instead of "add fire damage to attacks".

My megalomaniac grants me 21% increased AoE, so i skipped 20% increased AoE nodes near the Retribution notable and used the second large cluster jewel. For most players who don't have increased AoE from megalomaniac, this modification is not recommended.
SO after so alot of messing about here is where we are now.

Now i think my attack speed is marginaly to high so i believe the next things for me are as follows :

1. Belt with -20 cooldown
2. Item with aspect of the spider on..although im running wrath and 3 auras now so is this necessary..if not i will uprate my boots
2. Update weapon (kind help from this form regarding that yesterday and some new gloves thaank you)

3. Start min maxing gear as currency allows(new helm also with enchant is priority)

I have about 14 ex so i need to start somewhere

I can run T15s with this without breaking much sweat tbh

https://pastebin.com/H3kdMYjj

DPS is way off right now but its a start point

Take a look when you get time and any or all advice / criticism is appreciated
"
Cogsly wrote:
SO after so alot of messing about here is where we are now.

Now i think my attack speed is marginaly to high so i believe the next things for me are as follows :

1. Belt with -20 cooldown
2. Item with aspect of the spider on..although im running wrath and 3 auras now so is this necessary..if not i will uprate my boots
2. Update weapon (kind help from this form regarding that yesterday and some new gloves thaank you)

3. Start min maxing gear as currency allows(new helm also with enchant is priority)

I have about 14 ex so i need to start somewhere

I can run T15s with this without breaking much sweat tbh

https://pastebin.com/H3kdMYjj

DPS is way off right now but its a start point

Take a look when you get time and any or all advice / criticism is appreciated

https://pastebin.com/zJnMMnpC
5000es is too low.
upgrade body and shield.
next is ring.
Caveat: Min/Max Post

Thank you Noesy for an amazing build. My first level 100 ever, and second 40/40. You made it such a breeze and I enjoyed our crafting convos! Looking forward to future builds you put together next!

Posting up my endgame min/max character (10.3k ES, 10.01 APS, under most optimistic PoB settings hitting 370k DPS per ball).

PoB: https://pastebin.com/D94UDL99

End-of-League Metacrafts:

Deafening Zeal essence spam on a Crusader base until you can isolate AS+CritChance as only 2 suffixes, followed by metacrafting two prefixes. Crafted "Hits can't be Evaded" then yolo exalt slam to hit Zealotry mod.

Safer choice would be to metacraft 1 prefix and then multi-mod, but hey, end of league.

Buying Zeals is a pain in the butt. If you can get crafting service (someone offered above), might not be a bad idea.

Failed Awakener Orb trying to get +1 Power Charge, -Lightning Resist and good ES prefixes. Scoured, then Metallic fossil spam for suffixes (note this hits the -lightning resist mod VERY consistently). Hoped to also land a lucky +1 Power Charge but no dice. Metacraft for ES.

I believe this method gives best chance to hit the best mods (-light res, +power charge), and a safer fallback to something decent (-lightning res + 2 good suffixes).

Dense fossil spam per Noesy's instructions to hit prefixes. Metacraft, and luckily hit INT and needed resistance, then crafted +Frenzy charges. At upper end, this build can be resistance-starved and attributes-starved, and otherwise INT + Multi would be the nuts.

Basically out of currency at this point, but would otherwise consider an interesting project to craft another rare moonstone ring with +ES, %ES, dmg prefix, INT, dmg suffix, crafted +1 frenzy charge. Replacing Mark of Shaper, it would give +800ES in exchange for ~5-6% less damage.

Absolutely none of the above is necessary to do all content. I cleared Simulacrum in my low 90s with OK gear and no Uber Lab. Kudos Noesy.
Last edited by kentishtown on May 8, 2020, 2:27:41 AM
"
N0esy wrote:
"
OdeonBlueBuff wrote:

On 850 depth everything one/two-shots you, so stacking more ES might not be helpful.
1. You don't have 52% CDR, so get more CDR and also find a sceptre with higher aps.
2. Your amulet can use 1 more damage mod instead of "add fire damage to attacks".

My megalomaniac grants me 21% increased AoE, so i skipped 20% increased AoE nodes near the Retribution notable and used the second large cluster jewel. For most players who don't have increased AoE from megalomaniac, this modification is not recommended.

You're right, I will do it later.

Anyway I manage to get depth 1000 done without upgrading my initial stuf. It is a bit weird, but I suggest Dying sun for deep mining because it provides a huge boost for the range and 2 additional projectiles. (this effect applies for each ball lightning). So you will have litteraly 3 times more ball lightning on your screen, which provides you a huge energy shield gained thanks to the watcher eye.

Of course it does not provide additionnal damage for bosses in theory because the 3 projectils damage cannot cumulate on the same target, but for a close space such as depth 1000 with a lot of monsters to kill fastly, playing with dying sun allow you to clean them quickly. The playstle will be you "kiting" the ennemy. You don't have to stay permantly close to monster, you can make fast rotation and abuse their animation time to dps while stay in a safe zone.

It is very situational and depends on personal preference, but I hope this suggestion could help some people to enjoy even more this build. (My build cost me 110ex and it is already insanely good, I could even replace my boots by a looting buff boots and still do T16 100% Delirium)
Good luck exiles !

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info