[3.11] CoC Ball Lightning Assassin - 20M+ Shaper DPS/10k ES/fortify - League Starter Guide Included

"

Only way this can be better is if the movement speed is faster. Currently I have +35% ms, is there a way to get faster base speed?

- Hunter-influenced Amulet has a 7-10% movespeed prefix.
- Hunter- or Shaper-influenced Belt has a 6-10% movespeed during flask effect suffix
- Quick Getaway (Megalomaniac) has 5% movespeed, 25% crit chance, 5% attack speed
- Atziri's Reflection has 6% movespeed if you give up your rare shield.
- Precision (2 skill points from Retribution) gives 4% move speed, 5% attack speed, 20 dex
- Boots enchant from lab
Last edited by kentishtown on May 11, 2020, 2:08:55 AM
Noesy, here's a min-max crafting recipe for an amulet! I 100% agree that buying an amulet is the best path, but for those that want to roll the dice on crafting or have exalts to blow, here's what I did.

Don't try this without 50-100ex.

Important: Note that the steps below do not guarantee you the Crit Multi. That was a very, very low probability lucky strike for our metacrafted suffix.

This craft guarantees you 2 of the highest damage amulet prefixes and 5 solid mods overall, but as a result only allows you to have 1 ES prefix, which will be crafted % ES.

Steps:

1. Decide on your amulet base type. Item level of 82 is best.

2. Buy (~1ex) or alteration spam a Hunter-influenced amulet with the prefix "+1 to all Intelligence Skill Gems". Make sure it's the only Hunter-influenced mod.

3. Buy (~50-100c) or alteration spam a Crusader-influenced amulet with the prefix T1 "Damage Penetrates 8-10% Lightning Resistance". Make sure it's the only Crusader-influenced mod.

4. Combine with Awakener orb. Make sure the amulet you end up with is your desired iLevel 82 Turquoise or Jade base.

The desired outcome is to have only the 2 influenced prefixes, NOT 3. You need the open prefix to eventually craft 20% ES. If your Awakener orb result is 3 prefixes, cross your fingers and annul.

If you annul the wrong mod and brick the item, you will have to go back to Step 1. This can be expensive.

5. Now we metacraft. Clear the suffixes by crafting "Prefixes Can't Be Changed" and scouring. You then repeat this process:

- Block the open prefix by crafting anything really, Mana. You DON'T want to accidentally slam your 3rd prefix with garbage.
- Apply catalysts to 20% if you want. Intrinsic is good if you want attributes.
- Slam an Exalt. If you like what you see, proceed to step 6.
- If you don't, craft "Prefixes Can't Be Changed" and scour.
- Repeat.

All we want is 1 good suffix because we'll multi-mod the +16-20% ES prefix and +1 frenzy charge suffix.

What is a good suffix depends on your the rest of your gear/tree and how attribute-starved you are.

The best suffixes are probably (in rough order):
- Crit Multi
- + to Intelligence (T1-T3)
- % increased Intelligence
- % increased Lightning Damage (T1-T3)
- + to Dexterity (T1-T3)
- + to Strength (T1-T3)
- + to all Attributes (T1-T3)
- + to Resistances (T1-T3)
- % chance to gain a Power, Frenzy, or Endurance charge on kill
- + to Spell Block

You have a 1-in-4 chance to hit one of the above.

6. Once happy with your 1 suffix, multi-mod "16-20% maximum ES" and a suffix of your choice, with "+1 to Frenzy Charges" being good for most. Divine it to 20% ES.

7. Apply Intrinsic or Tempering catalyst quality as you see fit to boost either Attributes (to hit your stat requirements) or ES.

----

WITHOUT the metacrafted suffix, you are looking at a result that has 2% more DPS and 200-300 less ES than Noesy's endgame amulet. If you finish steps 1-3 in a single Awakener orb (NOT guaranteed), that is ~7ex in crafting cost. It took me 4 Awakener orbs...eek.

If your suffix hits a high tier +Intelligence, +Attributes, or +% increased Intelligence, you make up the ES difference or exceed it. You have a 1-in-15 to 1-in-20 chance to slam this.

Obviously if you hit a 3rd damage mod, then you have an even higher DPS amulet.

-------------------------------------------
Alternate route to an endgame amulet
Arguably even better than above b/c this yields 6 good mods rather than losing a suffix to multi-mod.

1. Buy a non-influence iLevel 82+ amulet on POE Trade with:
- Prefix: T1 % ES or the hybrid %ES/+ES temple mod
- Prefix: T1 flat ES or a damage prefix
- Open or crafted prefix
- Suffix: T1 Crit Multi
- Suffix: STR/DEX/something good
- Open or crafted suffix

I bought one like this for 15 ex.

2. Craft +1 to Minimum Frenzy Charges

3. Quality up to 20% with Turbulent Catalysts for a higher chance to slam lightning penetration.

4. Slam a Crusader Exalted Orb. You have a 1-in-3 chance to hit a good prefix. If you fail, you still have a 5-useful-mod item and can use it or sell it to recoup costs.
Last edited by kentishtown on May 10, 2020, 1:37:59 PM
Hi all

just an idea, if i put a thread of hope (large ring) to allocate light eater (energy leech), lightning walker (damage), arcane focus (ES) utmost intellect (ES)

i save some points and i increase damage

What do you think ?

Last edited by Sho0oryuken on May 10, 2020, 5:12:54 AM
"
kentishtown wrote:
Noesy, here's a min-max crafting recipe for an amulet! I 100% agree that buying an amulet is the best path, but for those that want to roll the dice on crafting or have exalts to blow, here's what I did.

Don't try this without 50-100ex.

Spoiler

Important: Note that the steps below do not guarantee you the Crit Multi. That was a very, very low probability lucky strike for our metacrafted suffix.

This craft guarantees you 2 of the highest damage amulet prefixes and 5 solid mods overall, but as a result only allows you to have 1 ES prefix, which will be crafted % ES.

Steps:

1. Decide on your amulet base type. Item level of 82 is best.

2. Buy (~1ex) or alteration spam a Hunter-influenced amulet with the prefix "+1 to all Intelligence Skill Gems". Make sure it's the only Hunter-influenced mod.

3. Buy (~50-100c) or alteration spam a Crusader-influenced amulet with the prefix T1 "Damage Penetrates 8-10% Lightning Resistance". Make sure it's the only Crusader-influenced mod.

4. Combine with Awakener orb. Make sure the amulet you end up with is your desired iLevel 82 Turquoise or Jade base.

The desired outcome is to have only the 2 influenced prefixes, NOT 3. You need the open prefix to eventually craft 20% ES. If your Awakener orb result is 3 prefixes, cross your fingers and annul.

If you annul the wrong mod and brick the item, you will have to go back to Step 1. This can be expensive.

5. Now we metacraft. Clear the suffixes by crafting "Prefixes Can't Be Changed" and scouring. You then repeat this process:

- Block the open prefix by crafting anything really, Mana. You DON'T want to accidentally slam your 3rd prefix with garbage.
- Apply catalysts to 20% if you want. Intrinsic is good if you want attributes.
- Slam an Exalt. If you like what you see, proceed to step 6.
- If you don't, craft "Prefixes Can't Be Changed" and scour.
- Repeat.

All we want is 1 good suffix because we'll multi-mod the +16-20% ES prefix and +1 frenzy charge suffix.

What is a good suffix depends on your the rest of your gear/tree and how attribute-starved you are.

The best suffixes are probably (in rough order):
- Crit Multi
- + to Intelligence (T1-T3)
- % increased Intelligence
- % increased Lightning Damage (T1-T3)
- + to Dexterity (T1-T3)
- + to Strength (T1-T3)
- + to all Attributes (T1-T3)
- + to Resistances (T1-T3)
- % chance to gain a Power, Frenzy, or Endurance charge on kill
- + to Spell Block

You have a 1-in-4 chance to hit one of the above.

6. Once happy with your 1 suffix, multi-mod "16-20% maximum ES" and a suffix of your choice, with "+1 to Frenzy Charges" being good for most. Divine it to 20% ES.

7. Apply Intrinsic or Tempering catalyst quality as you see fit to boost either Attributes (to hit your stat requirements) or ES.

----

WITHOUT the metacrafted suffix, you are looking at a result that has 2% more DPS and 200-300 less ES than Noesy's endgame amulet. If you finish steps 1-3 in a single Awakener orb (NOT guaranteed), that is ~7ex in crafting cost. It took me 4 Awakener orbs...eek.

If your suffix hits a high tier +Intelligence, +Attributes, or +% increased Intelligence, you make up the ES difference or exceed it. You have a 1-in-15 to 1-in-20 chance to slam this.

Obviously if you hit a 3rd damage mod, then you have an even higher DPS amulet.

Alternate route to an endgame amulet
Arguably even better than above b/c this yields 6 good mods rather than losing a suffix to multi-mod.

1. Buy a non-influence iLevel 82+ amulet on POE Trade with:
- Prefix: T1 % ES or the hybrid %ES/+ES temple mod
- Prefix: T1 flat ES or a damage prefix
- Open or crafted prefix
- Suffix: T1 Crit Multi
- Suffix: STR/DEX/something good
- Open or crafted suffix

I bought one like this for 15 ex.

2. Craft +1 to Minimum Frenzy Charges

3. Quality up to 20% with Turbulent Catalysts for a higher chance to slam lightning penetration.

4. Slam a Crusader Exalted Orb. You have a 1-in-3 chance to hit a good prefix. If you fail, you still have a 5-useful-mod item and can use it or sell it to recoup costs.

Thanks for an interesting post.
If you don't need dex or resists from amulet, it is very good.
I think your character is much stronger than mine now...
As for crafting, I'm not sure your crafting method is the best. The alternative method is 1) Alt spam until you hit 2 good mods (annul/ang if you hit one good mod), 2) imprint and regal (try prefix-to-suffix and suffix-to-prefix beastcraft recipe until it bricks). Metacrafting costs 3 ex per try, but imprint costs only 1 ex per try.

P.S. I tried crafting my helmet by following your post. -9 lightning res doesnt roll that often... Like 1 in 20... And obviously the rest of the suffix slots was trash. Funny thing is that I once hit -9 res and +1 to max power charges at the same time. The other mods were bad though.
"
Sho0oryuken wrote:
Hi all

just an idea, if i put a thread of hope (large ring) to allocate light eater (energy leech), lightning walker (damage), arcane focus (ES) utmost intellect (ES)

i save some points and i increase damage

What do you think ?

Why don't you compare the passive tree with and without thread of hope and see the difference in DPS and ES? I think a rare jewel is better than thread of hope, but that might not be the case for you.

Also, don't underestimate the increased AoE nodes near the jewel socket. Most people using thread of hope are skipping them, but I estimate that the 20% increased AoE gives you 8% more damage (4% more per point) as well as QoL improvement.
Last edited by N0esy on May 10, 2020, 2:26:35 PM
"
As for crafting, I'm not sure your crafting method is the best. The alternative method is 1) Alt spam until you hit 2 good mods (annul/ang if you hit one good mod), 2) imprint and regal (try prefix-to-suffix and suffix-to-prefix beastcraft recipe until it bricks). Metacrafting costs 3 ex per try, but imprint costs only 1 ex per try.

Yep you are right. Imprint is a better way to go than metacrafting to get 3 good mods. Do it Noesy's way! Especially if you want to have %ES and +ES on an amulet, which is impossible the way I did it.

Spamming dense fossils is an option too, with a lot of annuls, beastcrafts and luck.

I was impatient and wanted to guarantee the 2 GG dmg prefix mods + 20% ES quickly, which the above method does do.

"
P.S. I tried crafting my helmet by following your post. -9 lightning res doesnt roll that often... Like 1 in 20... And obviously the rest of the suffix slots was trash. Funny thing is that I once hit -9 res and +1 to max power charges at the same time. The other mods were bad though.

Ah I consider 1 in 20 to be pretty decent to get a look at this mod, more than 5x better than chaos-spamming, which comes out to 60-70% more cost-effective to get a look. I'm probably skewed from how difficult it is to land good mods on the other crafts (high spell dmg on shield, crit multi on jewelry, etc.) + had really good RNG when I was crafting it.

The crap thing overall this league is that heralds have more or less made it impossible to get a hubris circlet enchanted base for less than 5-6ex.
Last edited by kentishtown on May 10, 2020, 8:25:17 PM
Looking to buy full set of gear for this build. Sold everything i owned this league and have around 100ex to spend. PM me if you're looking to sell. Thanks

purchased chest shield amulet belt and sceptor, looking for rest
Last edited by s3ne on May 10, 2020, 11:15:40 PM
Can somebody take a look at my Pob and give me some advice on how to improve the dmg and survivability?
TY
Pob: https://pastebin.com/T8NVgqKk
"
kentishtown wrote:
"

Only way this can be better is if the movement speed is faster. Currently I have +35% ms, is there a way to get faster base speed?

- Hunter-influenced Amulet has a 7-10% movespeed prefix.
- Hunter- or Shaper-influenced Belt has a 6-10% movespeed during flask effect suffix
- Quick Getaway (Megalomaniac) has 5% movespeed, 25% crit chance, 5% attack speed
- Atziri's Reflection has 6% movespeed if you give up your rare shield.
- Precision (2 skill points from Retribution) gives 4% move speed, 5% attack speed, 20 dex
- Boots enchant from lab

Wrote you a PM, mate.
I want to thank you so much for this guide and your help in messages. As someone new to poe and first league it was tons of fun figuring everything out, upgrading gear, trying the crafting, clearing content and farming. The build is crazy funny and it was so easy to make heaps of currency.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info