[3.11] CoC Ball Lightning Assassin - 20M+ Shaper DPS/10k ES/fortify - League Starter Guide Included

Is this guy worth throwing 'Hits Can't Be Evaded' on or would you hold off for a better base etc?

"
Wobbly wrote:
How do you get to 10k ES? This is my current build and I'm only at 7.7k ES.

Also, I'm running aspect of the spider. How do you have enough reduced mana to activate this? Even with level 4 enlighten, I'm sitting at 27% for discipline, 40% for zealotry, 23% for aspect of the spider, 40% for wrath. So I'm unsure how to even put wrath on even if I take out aspect of the spider.

https://pastebin.com/5fJ42LFQ

Any idea what I should upgrade next? I've around 9 ex left. I'm unsure how I can get more attack speed..

Also, how important is the Militant Faith? I noticed yours have 9840 new faithful, what's that number?

Look at ES and intelligence on my gear. You need those numbers to reach 10k ES.
For example, your body armour and shield should have more ES, your helm and ring are missing the 50 int roll, etc.

To run all three auras you need (a) "+1 to level of socketed gem" implicit on your gloves and (b) reduced mana reservation enchant in your helmet. If you have either of these, modify the passive tree a little and take the two 4% reduced mana reservation nodes in the sovereignty cluster.

Your attack rate is 6.3, so cooldown recovery speed on your belt is the highest priority. This upgrade will increase your ES as well, as you will use crystal belt. There are several ways to increase your attack speed. Minimum frenzy charges from your gear, Precision and Harrier notables on the passive tree, cluster jewels, etc.
In addition, buy a 21/0 ball lightning gem, which is one of the easiest ways to increase your DPS. It costs less than 30c.
I would also buy awakened added lightning damage support and start leveling it.
These upgrade will cost you close to 9 ex.

Militant faith gives you 21% more spell damage (3% more per power charge), so it is very important. The number doesn't matter, but if you are unlucky the Melding notable is replaced by another one. In this case you have to divine your militant faith until you avoid this. What is important is the "Dominus" mod which determines the keystone it gives. You can use divine orbs to change this mod, too. Thus, buy a militant faith with the all res mod per 10 devotion, and use divine orbs until you hit the Dominus mod. Socket it and make sure that the Melding notable is intact.
"
Vanguard28 wrote:
Is this guy worth throwing 'Hits Can't Be Evaded' on or would you hold off for a better base etc?

While the base is not the greatest, I would craft the hits cannot be evaded. There are not good sceptres on the market, so you have no choice here.
You'll be able to sell it when you upgrade it, as long as this build keeps its popularity. (I believe so)
"
N0esy wrote:
"
Wobbly wrote:
How do you get to 10k ES? This is my current build and I'm only at 7.7k ES.

Also, I'm running aspect of the spider. How do you have enough reduced mana to activate this? Even with level 4 enlighten, I'm sitting at 27% for discipline, 40% for zealotry, 23% for aspect of the spider, 40% for wrath. So I'm unsure how to even put wrath on even if I take out aspect of the spider.

https://pastebin.com/5fJ42LFQ

Any idea what I should upgrade next? I've around 9 ex left. I'm unsure how I can get more attack speed..

Also, how important is the Militant Faith? I noticed yours have 9840 new faithful, what's that number?

Look at ES and intelligence on my gear. You need those numbers to reach 10k ES.
For example, your body armour and shield should have more ES, your helm and ring are missing the 50 int roll, etc.

To run all three auras you need (a) "+1 to level of socketed gem" implicit on your gloves and (b) reduced mana reservation enchant in your helmet. If you have either of these, modify the passive tree a little and take the two 4% reduced mana reservation nodes in the sovereignty cluster.

Your attack rate is 6.3, so cooldown recovery speed on your belt is the highest priority. This upgrade will increase your ES as well, as you will use crystal belt. There are several ways to increase your attack speed. Minimum frenzy charges from your gear, Precision and Harrier notables on the passive tree, cluster jewels, etc.
In addition, buy a 21/0 ball lightning gem, which is one of the easiest ways to increase your DPS. It costs less than 30c.
I would also buy awakened added lightning damage support and start leveling it.
These upgrade will cost you close to 9 ex.

Militant faith gives you 21% more spell damage (3% more per power charge), so it is very important. The number doesn't matter, but if you are unlucky the Melding notable is replaced by another one. In this case you have to divine your militant faith until you avoid this. What is important is the "Dominus" mod which determines the keystone it gives. You can use divine orbs to change this mod, too. Thus, buy a militant faith with the all res mod per 10 devotion, and use divine orbs until you hit the Dominus mod. Socket it and make sure that the Melding notable is intact.

How do you find out my attack rate? From what I can see in POB it says 4.7 for cyclone, how do you know it's 6.3? As for the belt, would it be better to just craft a belt then? The ones I've seen for sale are all like 8ex+, not really affordable for me right now :(

Is awakened lightning damage support better or is elemental focus support better? I saw before you were using elemental focus but now you switched to awakened lightning damage support?

here's my most up to date POB: https://pastebin.com/0X6MLgbi

I have slotted a militant faith in with stats you can see in my profile, so in terms of res I'm capped.
Last edited by Wobbly on Apr 6, 2020, 1:25:16 AM
Awesome build -- had been thinking about trying CI CoC Ice Nova, but this seems to be similarly tanky but even higher dps...!

What would you say are the biggest gear upgrades for you from here? You mentioned going for even higher CDR in another post above. Anything else you'd add/change?

Also, any idea if cluster jewels can push the build even further?
Last edited by kentishtown on Apr 6, 2020, 4:29:43 AM
"
Wobbly wrote:

How do you find out my attack rate? From what I can see in POB it says 4.7 for cyclone, how do you know it's 6.3? As for the belt, would it be better to just craft a belt then? The ones I've seen for sale are all like 8ex+, not really affordable for me right now :(

Is awakened lightning damage support better or is elemental focus support better? I saw before you were using elemental focus but now you switched to awakened lightning damage support?

here's my most up to date POB: https://pastebin.com/0X6MLgbi

I have slotted a militant faith in with stats you can see in my profile, so in terms of res I'm capped.

go to the "configuration" tab in POB and activate Onslaught and Elusive, this will show your real attack rate you will have during combat (6.3)

Awakened lightning damage support is better (it will not only add lightning dmg but also rise level of your ball lightning). I believe his "elemental focus" POB was from version 3.8 (awakened gems didnt exist then)
Last edited by Rivot on Apr 6, 2020, 4:53:04 AM
"
kentishtown wrote:
Awesome build -- had been thinking about trying CI CoC Ice Nova, but this seems to be similarly tanky but even higher dps...!

What would you say are the biggest gear upgrades for you from here? You mentioned going for even higher CDR in another post above. Anything else you'd add/change?

Also, any idea if cluster jewels can push the build even further?

I think the first upgrade would be 52% CDR. Then the next upgrade is how I increase my AS. A shield with 2 minimum frenzy charges would be a sweet upgrade. Cluster jewels might be useful in increasing my AS. Anyway, I need a good scepre(T1 AS/T1 crit chance), so I'm dumping all my money in crafting it.

Aside from attack speed, my rare ring can obviously be upgraded. I can use an elder/shaper hybrid influenced ring to gain stun immunity to spells. This is not helpful in general but is particularly helpful against Sirus. Another idea is to use an elder/crusader ring because crusader influence introduces several useful prefix mods.

Thanks man for the new guide
IGN RighteousRom LvL-100 Juggernaut
Mirror Drop T-14 Shrine
small tip for those who followed previous guide with Doryani's Delusion boots and didn`t notice that the price skyrocketed yesterday:

https://poe.ninja/challenge/unique-armours/doryanis-delusion-sorcerer-boots

it is a good time to sell them for a nice profit and buy some other good stuff for this build

@N0esy

awesome build! :D
Last edited by Rivot on Apr 6, 2020, 10:47:28 AM
hey man. been playing a similar build already (thanks for creating the hype my items are worth alot now :) )

got a question tho: since you are using the new gloves, how and with what do you generate the chilling area ? I can't seem to find anything that chills on your gear.

cheers

// edit: found it. you're using vortex and apply it single handedly - i'm too lazy for that xD
Last edited by bustart on Apr 6, 2020, 1:28:12 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info