[3.11] CoC Ball Lightning Assassin - 20M+ Shaper DPS/10k ES/fortify - League Starter Guide Included

Gave crafting a sceptre a shot. Sharing my steps so folks have another example in addition to Noesy's instructions and can also decide whether this is worth it for them.

- 5ex to hit the base of T0 AS / T1 Crit Chance with Deafening Essences of Zeal. Hit a 2 prefix, 3 suffix. First annul removed a prefix. Second annul thankfully removed the suffix I did not want.

So you get a sense of probabilities. Of 110 essences, I hit crit chance 5 times. T1 once, T2 once (failed annul) and 3 T4+ (throwaway).

- Crafted "Suffixes Can't Be Changed". Scoured the remaining prefix to have a clean base with AS / Crit Chance.

- Rinsed and repeated per Noesy's instructions. Crafted "Can't Roll Attack Modifiers". Exalted. If I didn't like the result, crafted "Suffixes Can't Be Changed" and scoured. That's 4ex per try.

- After about 8 or so very sad tries, I hit an incredibly mediocre T5 Lightning Damage to Spells. Really not wanting to go back to the RNG void of metacrafting, yolo'd a second exalt and hit a similarly mediocre T6 Lightning Damage.

At this point, the craft is no better than a sceptre with a mediocre damage prefix and a multi-mod with 60% spell damage + hits can't evaded. Feeling pretty meh.

- Last gasp to get something good. Removed the "Can't Roll Attack Modifiers" suffix via crafting bench and Yolo'd a Crusader's Orb, which has a 4/7 chance of hitting a good mod for this build. No turning back since this eats the last suffix.

- Hit T2 Lightning Exposure on Hit and divined it to 15%. Calling it a day.

Given that cyclone hits 10.1 times/second, the optimist in me thinks that this will give a more consistent Lightning Exposure (+25% DPS) than Wave of Conviction, which requires you to get hit and CWDT to fire.

I think this is ok, if I understand the mechanics right.

Total cost = 7ex to set up base + 32ex metacrafting + 2ex crusader slam = 41ex.

Last edited by kentishtown on Apr 30, 2020, 12:44:24 PM
Which brings me to a question for Noesy --

Hypothetically, if you can get Exposure from Scepter Crusader mod and Unnerve from Master of Fear (Megalomaniac), then we could actually do away with the CWDT-Wave of Conviction-Blade Blast-Tempest Shield 4L. All you'd lose is the +3 block / spell block.

What else could go in that 4L?!
"
kentishtown wrote:

Given that cyclone hits 10.1 times/second, the optimist in me thinks that this will give a more consistent Lightning Exposure (+25% DPS) than Wave of Conviction, which requires you to get hit and CWDT to fire.

No, lightning exposure doesn't give you 25% DPS, it's 10% light debuff on ennemy wich is probably not 25% dps, wave of conviction who apply 25% elem debuff could be, for me it's 200k>248k ~20% avg. hit.

Last edited by RoCKeTs on Apr 30, 2020, 8:15:21 AM
Ah is that right? That's too bad.
"
kentishtown wrote:
Ah is that right? That's too bad.

It's still fine to have that exposure on hit even if it's only 10%, as you said with your attack speed you will trigger those 15% easily, then if it's a boss who live long enough and he hit you, wave of conviction proc, wich is better because of those 25%.

For sure that's not the best outcome for that slam, but that's not useless at least, i've got fire damage on my slam, i try to consolate myself with the fact that i don't need fire damage on jewelry or jewels anymore to proc the ignite for sadist.

"
It is stupid to appear among such experienced players.
RoCKeTs: "You can try to find every excuse you want, if you can't do somethig it's not because of the game or the build, you just have to get better and understand why you failed." - It's like from an American guide dreams :) The fact is that for people like you, they make games where a newbie bounces like a ball.

I personally don't think it's stupid and yeah i probably watched too much Netflix during my containment.
Not sure what are "people like me" tho.

With the clear speed/attack speed of this build you can instantly get a stack of 20 corrupted blood who deal a lot of damage, for optimisation sake it's a waste to carry a staunching flask to remove bleeding effect, considering that normal bleed and puncture are not a threat with our regen.

That's why it's very useful to have a jewel with "corrupted blood cannot be inflicted on you" especialy for Sirus fight.
Last edited by RoCKeTs on Apr 30, 2020, 1:08:25 PM
Sorry if this has been asked but when do you switch over to the Cyclone gem set up? the guide leaves you at level 28 manually casting ball lightning.

thanks!
hi, can any 1 write prio on 2nd watcher stat? BIS arcan surge whan zealotry?
"
InsaineMad wrote:
Sorry if this has been asked but when do you switch over to the Cyclone gem set up? the guide leaves you at level 28 manually casting ball lightning.

thanks!

In the leveling part of the guide, I recommended using self-cast ball lignting until you finish the storyline. The reasons are:
1) Cast on crit requires at least level 38.
2) Cast on crit isn't very good when your crit chance is low. You need good gear/more passive points to use it.

"
6neji6 wrote:
hi, can any 1 write prio on 2nd watcher stat? BIS arcan surge whan zealotry?

In terms of damage, lightning pen while affected by wrath is the best mod. I'm using arcane surge because:
1) I have level 5 woke curse on hit, so I replaced arcane surge with a second curse (elemental weakness).
2) I don't want to support flame dash with arcane surge because my unreserved mana is too low for that.

It's up to you gear. If you don't have level 5 woke curse on hit or a mana problem , the arcane surge mod on watcher's eye is not necessary. You can just drop summon chaos golem, and link flame dash and arcane surge.

Last edited by N0esy on Apr 30, 2020, 6:28:20 PM
Anything you would change on my build? Thanks in advance and most powerfull build ive ever played everyone in my guild is like wtf haha

https://pastebin.com/iCZPz2kY
"
Kingtichat wrote:
Anything you would change on my build? Thanks in advance and most powerfull build ive ever played everyone in my guild is like wtf haha

https://pastebin.com/iCZPz2kY

Your gear is obviously good.
You are using my current passive tree, not the one suggested in the guide. I'm not sure if it is a good idea, because you skipped 20% increased AoE. In my opinion, you want 40% increased AoE in total. I have "3% increased area of effect per power charge" in my megalomanniac. Without this jewel, I wouldn't have used the second large cluster jewel. Other suggestions:

1) Slam exa on your shield and beastcraft to make is 30% quality.
2) Look for a better amulet because its suffix is not good.
3) You can drop chaos golem, socket phase run there, and link flame dash with arcane surge. You might want to lower the gem level of flame dash to reduce the mana cost.

That's all, thanks for playing this build this far.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info