[3.11] CoC Ball Lightning Assassin - 20M+ Shaper DPS/10k ES/fortify - League Starter Guide Included

Qucik questionm you mentioned about aoe being necessary? how much of this is necessary and how much would be too much of a gain?

I am asking this because I see that we have alot more of aoe passive which we could have used and are not? I am sure you gave optimized this in some way

Just trying to understand the logic!

-Thanks in advance
Last edited by Einstein_Jnr on Apr 27, 2020, 3:02:53 PM
"
Einstein_Jnr wrote:
Qucik questionm you mentioned about aoe being necessary? how much of this is necessary and how much would be too much of a gain?

Everything is explained in first post spoiler "Important Notes (Make sure to read this!)"
AoE benefit both your cyclone and your ball lightning wich make you able to stay at max distance of the boss, you start triggering ball lightning who are going to slowly pass on the boss and tick every 150ms, the bigger the longer it will tick, that's why slow projectile is mandatory.
It's useful for map clear too, the ball looks small but the area is bigger than it looks, you can check that on PoB, tab "calcs" active skill "ball lightning" skill type-specific stats, radius :

PoE Wiki :
Distance
I think 40% increased AoE is a good spot. Taking another 10% makes no difference because of the rounding.
"
RoCKeTs wrote:
"
Einstein_Jnr wrote:

Everything is explained in first post spoiler "Important Notes (Make sure to read this!)"
AoE benefit both your cyclone and your ball lightning wich make you able to stay at max distance of the boss, you start triggering ball lightning who are going to slowly pass on the boss and tick every 150ms, the bigger the longer it will tick, that's why slow projectile is mandatory.
It's useful for map clear too, the ball looks small but the area is bigger than it looks, you can check that on PoB, tab "calcs" active skill "ball lightning" skill type-specific stats, radius :

PoE Wiki :
Distance

Thanks that explains explains alot!
Hey all! I am late to the show, so if these questions were covered in the 32 pages of comments, I apologize.

I have 3 big questions overall. I want to try to league start a variant on this (assuming all things being similar / not nerfed somehow) and I have been trying to figure out this but with Trickster... I am not good with high end PoE mechanics and math so its been - interesting. I fell in love with CoC Ice Nova cospris CI Trickster in like 3.8 but it isn't "league start" viable.

The big buckets:
1. Mjolner - you mentioned previous Mjonler builds, and you moved away from it. Is it because the strength was a pain to overcome, or a distraction from core mechanics? From a league start perspective, I was thinking that unique to build around would be relatively "cheaper" - but the strength investment could be cumbersome. (My brain said "make a lightning based Cospris build for 30C instead of 4EX in week 1) Why did you move away from Mjoler?

2. "Max block" - your HC player mentioned being Max block - his PoB had an empty jewel socket, and he was 47/40 on his block. Was that a timeless jewel that didn't migrate over to get him to max block? Do we know exactly what name of jewel and position? Max block is a goal of mine, and only been able to attain it a few times.

3. Trickster? With a few tweaks, Trickster can get to about 85% cyclone crit and 97% chance to hit assuming no 3Ex craft or Lycosidae (without cluster jewels). When I ONLY swap ascendancy from Assassin to Trickster, your DPS drops by like 20% - but the gearing and build is not necessarily optimized for Trickster. Do you think Trickster could be viable or is there a really strong case why Assassin top ends this? I have run some assassin builds in the past, and survivability is a struggle for me. The ES on Hit Eye was as clear a regen and survival as I have seen - but those are like 10EX and I am looking at a league start type of survival boost. (Spinnerets here I come!) Trickster layers for survival feel very strong for how I play.

Any insight from anyone is appreciated, and again I apologize if any of this was covered previously.
@Aldenier

1. The biggest reason is that equipping Mjolner is not enough to justify the 412 str investment. You want to do more than that with the strength. Previously, you could use Shaper's touch to gain a lot of ES. After the nerf to it, however, you have no way to make a good use of 412 strength.

Even if you decide to use post-nerf shaper's touch, it is very expensive early in the league, so the mjoner build is not a good starter.

2. He is using Lethal Pride to double his block chance.

3. Because this build is "too strong", you can use any ascendancy and still make it work. What is missing in Trickstar is 1) movement speed buff, 2) reliable power charge (and frenzy charge) generation during boss fights, 3) reflect immunity.

As I stated in the guide, I don't recommend this build as a league starter unless you are an experienced player. If you are asking these questions, chances are that you don't have enough knowledge to play this build as a starter.
hi Noesy, thx for the build.

mind checking my build and give some advice / tips?

will get to 95 and lvl up the gems. Anything else i shld take note of?

just fought sirus 8 but couldnt down it in last phase. Dmg is on the low side.

thx for help.
Last edited by wmin on Apr 28, 2020, 2:59:58 PM
"
wmin wrote:

thx for help.

Hi, you don't have a watcher's eye, and this is one of the most important defensive layers.

As for offence, leveling up your gems will help. But I think your damage is already enough to kill Sirus easily. If you feel your damage is low, you might be playing this build in a wrong way.In a boss fight, keep a maximum distance from the boss. This means that you want to hit the boss at the edge of cyclone. If your character is overlapping with the boss, your dps is roughly halved.
"
N0esy wrote:
"
wmin wrote:

thx for help.

Hi, you don't have a watcher's eye, and this is one of the most important defensive layers.

As for offence, leveling up your gems will help. But I think your damage is already enough to kill Sirus easily. If you feel your damage is low, you might be playing this build in a wrong way.In a boss fight, keep a maximum distance from the boss. This means that you want to hit the boss at the edge of cyclone. If your character is overlapping with the boss, your dps is roughly halved.

the eye was at transcendant flesh slot, just bought 1 and relocate the eye to the middle socket.

I was 'edging' the bosses. maybe ill just lvl up first and try again. thx
Had Problems, but fixed them, really nice Guide!
Last edited by zavson on Apr 28, 2020, 9:31:34 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info