[3.11] CoC Ball Lightning Assassin - 20M+ Shaper DPS/10k ES/fortify - League Starter Guide Included

https://pastebin.com/0WZbxNR7

Can someone suggest me what I can use to improve this? I have around 200ex I can blow to improve the gear..
"
Wobbly wrote:
https://pastebin.com/0WZbxNR7

Can someone suggest me what I can use to improve this? I have around 200ex I can blow to improve the gear..

1. Belt: Your belt can be upgraded. The cost of this crafting (crusader & awakener's orb, 5 ex) is less than the price of the resulting dual-influenced crystal belt (6 ex), so you can try this crafting as many times as you want.

2. Shield: Look for a damage mod (lightning damage/spell damage/+1 to lightning gems)

3. Body armour: There are better body armours (more ES) on the market.

4. Amulet: The spell damage mod is fine, but the best offensive prefix is 10% lightning pen (crusader mod).

5. Rare ring: It can be upgraded, but crafting described in the guide requires A LOT of trials... I can't recommend it lol.

6. Helmet: The suffix is kind of shitty. It might be a good idea to craft it again with dense fossils.

7. You want more attack speed. Here are some ideas: tailwind boots, cyclone attack speed enchant, or take Precision notable.
Last edited by N0esy on Apr 28, 2020, 9:53:23 PM
Isn't Awakened lightning penetration better than Inspiration if we are already at 100% crit chance ?
PoB give me ~4k more damage, the number is not that big but it's something, i'll try it considering that it's probably better against boss who have huge resist.

What do you think ?
"
RoCKeTs wrote:
Isn't Awakened lightning penetration better than Inspiration if we are already at 100% crit chance ?
PoB give me ~4k more damage, the number is not that big but it's something, i'll try it considering that it's probably better against boss who have huge resist.

What do you think ?

For me inspiration gives slightly more shaper DPS, but it is possible that lightning pen is better for some players. There are other factors that favors inspiration over woke lightning pen: 1) mana cost of cyclone, 2) higher crit chance when you are run out of flask charges. You can use woke lightning pen if these factors are not a problem for you.
"
wmin wrote:
hi Noesy, thx for the build.

mind checking my build and give some advice / tips?

will get to 95 and lvl up the gems. Anything else i shld take note of?

just fought sirus 8 but couldnt down it in last phase. Dmg is on the low side.

thx for help.

Don't worry too much tbh.

I messed up my last Sirius, too and it actually made me quitting the league after I fully equipped a toon with this super nice build.

Sirius fight and especially the last phase is so super huge about the mechanics of the fight and not about the dmg or anything else.
That's the case of every end game boss, shaper, elder, uber elder, sirus (not sirius) you just need to dodge one shot mechanic and depending on your tankiness some heavy damage skills.

Some people are able to kill them with low level character, or just a bow, or whatever challenge they choose.

Most people are trying to do everything in the most retarded way, trying to facetank every mechanic, but that's not how the game is made to be and this is why there is some "one shot" mechanic.

You can try to find every excuse you want, if you can't do somethig it's not because of the game or the build, you just have to get better and understand why you failed.
Last edited by RoCKeTs on Apr 29, 2020, 1:25:55 PM
"

5. Rare ring: It can be upgraded, but crafting described in the guide requires A LOT of trials... I can't recommend it lol.

I will attest to Noesy's statement here as probably one of the only other people who has tried to craft something like it to "completion" haha.

After creating the ~5ex base, I burned probably 10ex trying to even get 3 prefixes and settled on T2 %ES, T2 ES, T1 Spell Damage.

Then burned probably 40+ ex on metacrafting to even hit 1 good suffix, T1 Fire, which I settled on b/c I actually needed the Fire Res.

You have a 5% chance to exalt one of these best suffixes:
- Crit Multi (T1-T3)
- Attack Speed
- Intelligence (T1-T3)

You have a 15% chance if you are OK with T1-T3 res as well
https://www.craftofexile.com/?b=1&m=exalted&i=|4|3|&ob=suffix&v=d&a=e&l=a&lg=2&req={%22522%22:{%22l%22:36,%22g%22:0},%22678%22:{%22l%22:60,%22g%22:0},%22712%22:{%22l%22:68,%22g%22:0},%221588%22:{%22l%22:60,%22g%22:0},%221713%22:{%22l%22:1,%22g%22:0},%221743%22:{%22l%22:66,%22g%22:0},%221925%22:{%22l%22:60,%22g%22:0}}&bld={%221663%22:82,%221727%22:74,%222281%22:80}&ggt=|7|11|2|4|3|&ccp={}

And that is just for your first exalt while metacrafting.

Be warned. My result was NOT worth 50ex of crafting cost. Pretty much guaranteed you will have very few takers on the market either if you want to unload later. Late-league personal project for sure.

The difference between this and the Elder ring (ES, dmg prefix, INT, crafted frenzy) I had before that I bought for probably an exalt is 180ES and 2k DPS. Buy the ring...
Last edited by kentishtown on Apr 29, 2020, 2:10:32 PM
"
N0esy wrote:
There are other factors that favors inspiration over woke lightning pen: 1) mana cost of cyclone, 2) higher crit chance when you are run out of flask charges. You can use woke lightning pen if these factors are not a problem for you.

I didn't expected the mana to be a problem with only 2 mana cost of difference, i was wrong, i'm used to keep my finger on both cyclone and vortex all the time in map (i release when i want to run a bit faster if no one is around) but those 2 mana make the difference and put me OOM.

The crit is not a problem, with more mana regen/leech that gem swap could be worth but i don't want to bother with that so i'll keep inspiration.

"
kentishtown wrote:
You have a 5% chance to exalt one of these best suffixes:
- Crit Multi (T1-T3)
- Attack Speed
- Intelligence (T1-T3)

Is that the % with catalysts ?
Attribute catalysts would help in hitting INT, but I have to imagine you're still looking at single digit percentage likelihood to hit any 1 of the 3.

And some builds won't care about the AS, but I'm assuming at this level of minmaxing, it's part of shooting for the 10.1 APS cutoff.
Last edited by kentishtown on Apr 29, 2020, 3:18:09 PM
Done crafting for now, started playing this build (with Mjölner) yesterday but my single Target DPS feels not existing, any Idea what I can improve? Have to craft a new Amulet (Slammed mine with the worst mod possible ofc lol)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info