[3.11] CoC Ball Lightning Assassin - 20M+ Shaper DPS/10k ES/fortify - League Starter Guide Included

"
N0esy wrote:
"
Gryphenprey wrote:
"
N0esy wrote:
Interesting. We have crit protection from Assassin ascendancy, so you should choose blind.

I believe a rare crystal belt with CDR is better in terms of both offense and defense, assuming that you have 52% CDR.
If you take pain attunement (30% more spell damage), you'll give up Inner Conviction (21% more spell damage). So, the benefit of being low life is small.

It's not really giving it up. You free that jewel socket for Energy from Within, get effective immunity to curses at all times, additional movement speed, and more damage than Inner Conviction provides.

Can also move Inner Conviction to another place on the tree, though you'd have to decide if it's worth the point investment.

Because you can use Atziri's reflection with a crystal belt as well, let's focus on the difference between two belts, a rare crystal belt and coward's legacy.

You can take both pain attunement and inner conviction with coward's legacy. To do so, you'll need 4 passive points (3 for a jewel socket, 1 for the keystone). Because 21/4 = 5.25% more damage per point is pretty good, I assume you take inner conviction as well.

Lets summarize pros and cons of coward's legacy.
Pros
1) 30% more damage (pain attunement)
2) 10% movement speed

Cons
1) You have to spend 4 additional passive points for inner conviction. Because this build scales at least 3% more damage per passive point, you lose 12% more damage by doing this.
2) 300 less ES including energy from within (this is for me).
3) No CDR. The difference between 7.56 aps and 10.1 aps is 34% (10.1/7.56 = 1.34). Of course, you have to invest in AS to get 10.1 aps, but the investment is not that big.

As I said, a rare crystal belt is better for both damage and ES. The only benefit I find is 10% increased movement speed.

I mean, yeah you can use Reflection without Coward's Legacy for sure. If you're going for 52% CDR breakpoint then legacy is not the way of course.

as for the ES side of things, I get 200 more ES with Coward's Legacy and Energy from within than with a Crystal Belt with T1 ES and Crafted ES and a Militant Faith with Increased Defenses from shield per 10 devotion. Part of this is because MF changes the 60 int in its radius to devotion instead.

So, really, it's 30% more vs 21% more (you can just not use the militant jewel after all).

Legacy gives 10% movespeed and at least comparable ES values compared to a crystal belt when combined with an Energy From Within

And again, if you're going for 52% CDR then this not an option in the end compared to a crystal belt with lots of ES and CDR. It IS a lot cheaper though :P
Crap sorry! This one should work

https://pastebin.com/TsZjQfk9
If I have stats that give "leech #% damage for life", will that be changed into energy shield instead?

is this worth crafting "hits can't be evade? I might use this to farm and get more currency to buy or craft a better one.
"

1. Use the passive tree suggested in the guide.
2. Read "Important Nodes" in the guide.

"
nhan2004 wrote:
If I have stats that give "leech #% damage for life", will that be changed into energy shield instead?

Yes, but you have ES leech from the passive tree, so extra ES (or life) leech has essentially no effect.

Your sceptre is good.
"
Gryphenprey wrote:

I mean, yeah you can use Reflection without Coward's Legacy for sure. If you're going for 52% CDR breakpoint then legacy is not the way of course.

as for the ES side of things, I get 200 more ES with Coward's Legacy and Energy from within than with a Crystal Belt with T1 ES and Crafted ES and a Militant Faith with Increased Defenses from shield per 10 devotion. Part of this is because MF changes the 60 int in its radius to devotion instead.

So, really, it's 30% more vs 21% more (you can just not use the militant jewel after all).

Legacy gives 10% movespeed and at least comparable ES values compared to a crystal belt when combined with an Energy From Within

And again, if you're going for 52% CDR then this not an option in the end compared to a crystal belt with lots of ES and CDR. It IS a lot cheaper though :P

Thanks for your input. I was asking because I bought an Atiziri's Reflection in Delirium just to have one to build with for standard (since it is so much more expensive there). Now, this build looked so tempting, I thought I might as well do it with Atziri's Reflection.

Even if there were no major differences in ES / damage it is tempting because curse immunity is another nice defensive layer.

I have an additional leveling suggestion, since the guide features a leveling section. Kinetic bolt combined with two Storm Prisons is a very strong option for the first acts. Storm Prison gives ridiculous amounts of flat attack damage that Kinetic Bolt can actually use, since it is an attack skill. Those two Storm Prisons give you 5 power charges and sustain very early on, so you can easily play crit from level 20 on, which otherwise would never work. Add to that Doedres Tenure you get the 50-60% increased spell damage at 150% of its value while the reduced cast speed doesn't affect you. Add Karui Ward and you just breeze through early leveling.

That beeing said, leveling this build was much, much better than i feared after my first CoC Ice Nova build. I actually transitioned to CoC at level 38 right away. Mortem Mensu has the base crit chance for it and comes with some nice global crit multi. The lgoh on the claw makes the build rather tanky as well.
If this isn't played as a league starter and you have some currency, this build makes for the smoothest leveling experience ever, even beating Hollow Palm Technique by far. If you already have the Watcher's Eye and a 6 link unique you can easily transitions to CI at level 50, be unkillable with 3k ES and the ES on hit and oneshot everything. And I only just got the first of the two movement speed ascendancy nodes.
Hello again,
I have 40 ex and wonder what to improve next.Maybe someone can help me what would make the most sense.

https://pastebin.com/pPSBPECE
"
N0esy wrote:
"

1. Use the passive tree suggested in the guide.
2. Read "Important Nodes" in the guide.

"
nhan2004 wrote:

Yes, but you have ES leech from the passive tree, so extra ES (or life) leech has essentially no effect.

Your sceptre is good.

Thank you for the quick reply!
I have a problem with damage. It seems to be too low. I know with these items it won't be 20-30 kk, but it seems i don't even have 1 kk. Maybe i made big mistake? Can someone take a look at my profile and tell me where i go wrong?
Can somebody help me how to improve my damage? I currently don't have a lot of currency but I will look forward to changing what is most needed.
My Pob: https://pastebin.com/zvW93R9Y
Last edited by nhan2004 on May 2, 2020, 5:11:17 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info