GGPK Defragmenter

Its not compressed on disk, though it is compressed when patching. Even a basic rar compression will cut its size in half.
HAIL SATAN!
Wow, just stumbled across this thread (and the very useful tool therein). A big thanks to Zoxc!

I just ran the defragmenter and while GGG seems to have become much better at utilizing the free space within the .ggpk (old file was created 8 months ago and I downloaded every patch since then, but the decrease in file size were a mere 60MB) - the initial loading times were cut by about 80%! It was definitely less than 20s to the menu (not on an SSD and without having loaded the game before).

So thanks again, Zoxc!

Edit: I could also observe a significant increase in area transition speed! (A.k.a. map loading speed)
Crit happens.
Last edited by Inarion1986 on Apr 12, 2013, 7:21:47 AM
It is a very good tool been using it for a while. Especially since they are putting out a lot of updates now and this will fragment the ggpk file.
I am just wondering why the patcher doesn't defragment the installation after a new patch is released?
Because the defragmenter takes forever too, would make the patcher take even longer than it does already.
HAIL SATAN!
hi guys.
i have a problem while using defragment tool

what can i do to resolve this problem?

this is error msg in cmd

<Internal:enc/prelude>:3:in 'require': code converter not found <ASCII-8BIT to UTF-8>
<Encoding::ConverterNotFoundError>
from <inernal:enc/prelude>:3:in 'block in <compiled>'
from <inernal:enc/prelude>:1:in 'each'
from <inernal:enc/prelude>:1:in '<compled>'

im sorry for my bad english
Hello World
Last edited by gamgo01 on Apr 12, 2013, 9:29:24 PM
Your system is somehow lacking utf8 support. Are you using windows, mac, or linux?
HAIL SATAN!
"
tramshed wrote:
Your system is somehow lacking utf8 support. Are you using windows, mac, or linux?

im using windows 7 64bit now
Hello World
thats pretty strange, windows 7 should have it. Maybe try googling?
HAIL SATAN!
"
tramshed wrote:

When you open the command prompt right click on it and select "Run as Administrator"

give it another shot.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info