GGPK Defragmenter

Saved as much as 35MB ;D
Defragment harddrives people, helps alot more...
I ran this and ggpk went from 6065924 KB-> 6030685 KB so very minimal disk space saving. And actually loading time stay on about 14.66 sec on both files so no any speed diffrences.

In other words, on SSD this is pretty useless but on HDD this will help with loading times because whole GGPK will be one big chunk instead big fragmented "chunk". And to get best performance, you probably should run this every two weeks if using HDD (not SSD).
Haha so long since i've used the command prompt.

If you in a c:\program files (x86)\
and you want to go into a directory in that listing you just type:
cd grinding gear games

Or whatever directory you want, took me much longer than it should to remember that..
Thank you!

Also thanks for the devs making it feel safe to just download and use. Great group of people.
how do you tell how much it shaved? by checking the folder before and after?

I open it.. and it says 1 line and closes immediately.. did it work?
"
Drahken wrote:

"
radiatoren wrote:
1. You need to run cmd.exe

2. Go to the location of your client.exe in the command prompt by using cd.. and cd <foldername> as commands.

3. Write "ggpk_defragment.exe content.ggpk content2.ggpk"

The program will take several minutes to finish. After it has finished it will tell you.

4. Go to the folder of your client.exe.

5. Change name of content.ggpk to contentold.ggpk

6. Change name of content2.ggpk to content.ggpk

Then you have done it right! :)

ps. I assume you have moved ggpk_defragment.exe into the path of exile folder, I assume that Client.exe and content.ggpk is in the same folder and that folder is the path of exile folder - anything else would seem illogical.

Look at the first pages and you'll find how you do it if you don't understand this guide.
"
VillerValle wrote:
"
Drahken wrote:

"
radiatoren wrote:
1. You need to run cmd.exe

2. Go to the location of your client.exe in the command prompt by using cd.. and cd <foldername> as commands.

3. Write "ggpk_defragment.exe content.ggpk content2.ggpk"

The program will take several minutes to finish. After it has finished it will tell you.

4. Go to the folder of your client.exe.

5. Change name of content.ggpk to contentold.ggpk

6. Change name of content2.ggpk to content.ggpk

Then you have done it right! :)

ps. I assume you have moved ggpk_defragment.exe into the path of exile folder, I assume that Client.exe and content.ggpk is in the same folder and that folder is the path of exile folder - anything else would seem illogical.

Look at the first pages and you'll find how you do it if you don't understand this guide.

was actually just coming to update my post that I found this exact post and it worked. thanks tho!
Last edited by Drahken on Apr 21, 2013, 5:51:14 PM
I'm with some of the other people, 25MB decrease in size rather than the ~850MB.
Thanks for this man, people like you rock! I'm very jealous of your talent and knowledge as well.
When i tried writing in the 3rd step of your instructions I just get, "ggpk_defragment.exe content.ggpk content2.ggpk is not recognized as an internal or external program or batch file...????
IGN:skydog

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info