GGPK Defragmenter

"
Sikab wrote:
Also, can't i just delete the "old Content.ggpk" file instead of renaming it?

Yes you can. The program takes your GGPK file, defragments it then stores the defragmented copy with the filename specified by the 2nd argument. content 2.GGPK.

And you want the game to use content 2.GGPK ...
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Last edited by Nicholas_Steel on Feb 17, 2013, 4:35:34 AM
"
"
Sikab wrote:
Also, can't i just delete the "old Content.ggpk" file instead of renaming it?

Yes you can. The program takes your GGPK file, defragments it then stores the defragmented copy with the filename specified by the 2nd argument. content 2.GGPK.

And you want the game to use content 2.GGPK ...

ah, so in normal scenario, i shouldn't had a Contetn2.ggpk? o.0

Cause i had 1 without ever using the program
Excelent tool, thank you. Even having only started playing in open beta this improved my load times and performance making it take longer before the game flips out and boots me while trying to load a skill animation or zone heh.
Thanks for the tool. I been having random crashes and hard locks in the game and am at wits end. While trouble shooting i found that my HD was fragmented to hell. which it never really is, but i defrag before and after i install large games, and did the same when i first installed POE.

Anyway i got a few hard lock ups where i had to just power down, and i think that caused my HD to become fragmented badly. When i did a check of it today i saw Content.ggpk was fragmented in 10 thousand pieces and even more bizarre my page file was fragmented in 911 fragments! I was shocked.

So i deleted Content.ggpk and a few concert videos that were fragged badly to get rid of every fragmented thing i could find, then i spent all day doing a defrag of my drive and did a boot time defrag of my page file.

Reported clean except for some other midi pack files from a music program, but anyway..

so i re- downloaded the content.ggpk only to have it be fragmented in 984 pieces :|

Frustrated i googled content.ggpk fragmentation (why not) and this thread came up.
Btw, Thanks for the instructions for us "non" logical types.

However the bad news is the copy it made is fragmented in 10 thousand pieces. :(

Original download 984 fragments.
De-fragmented Content.ggpk 10k fragments.

I have 125 GB of free clean un-fragmented space on my drive for it to swap and do it's thing. Not sure what's up.
Will this help me get a better framerate?
IGN: EmpathicAmoeba
I tried to use this because of the error we're getting opening up the game, it was all working fine (said this will take awhile...) until the point where I ran out of space and it crashed.

I tried running again (moved the incomplete file) and now whenever I run the command it opens a jumbled up Wordpad....

What gives?
"
Will this help me get a better framerate?

Not likely, no. Most game content is loaded before you reach the main menu. It can lessen the impact some skills (Like when casting totems) can have the first time you cast them during that game session as totems aren't precached (yet).
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Last edited by Nicholas_Steel on Feb 22, 2013, 6:31:49 AM
"
KillerKG wrote:
Thanks for the tool. I been having random crashes and hard locks in the game and am at wits end. While trouble shooting i found that my HD was fragmented to hell. which it never really is, but i defrag before and after i install large games, and did the same when i first installed POE.

Anyway i got a few hard lock ups where i had to just power down, and i think that caused my HD to become fragmented badly. When i did a check of it today i saw Content.ggpk was fragmented in 10 thousand pieces and even more bizarre my page file was fragmented in 911 fragments! I was shocked.

So i deleted Content.ggpk and a few concert videos that were fragged badly to get rid of every fragmented thing i could find, then i spent all day doing a defrag of my drive and did a boot time defrag of my page file.

Reported clean except for some other midi pack files from a music program, but anyway..

so i re- downloaded the content.ggpk only to have it be fragmented in 984 pieces :|

Frustrated i googled content.ggpk fragmentation (why not) and this thread came up.

However the bad news is the copy it made is fragmented in 10 thousand pieces. :(

I have 125 GB of free clean un-fragmented space on my drive for it to swap and do it's thing. Not sure what's up.
This isn't a defragmenter in the traditional sense, you still need to use the Windows Defragmenter (Or your favourite alternative) to defragment files/the file after you use this program to gain maximum effect.

I have no idea what program you're using to check how fragmented the file is. Windows Vista and 7 will defragment your hard drive once per week silently in the background, though you can manually do it if you want.

You likely had the file defragmented except for content relating to a update when you checked the files status before a week had passed since the update landed and before Windows got to defragment the additional data. You then deleted and downloaded a new copy and all of that copy is not defragmented either for the same reason (didn't wait for Windows to do its weekly defragment).

Files don't download off the internet in a pre-defragmented state, nor do copies of files or the act of moving a file from one partition/drive to another. (Something like Diskeeper can make this happen though!)
Computer specifications:
Last edited by Nicholas_Steel on Feb 22, 2013, 6:38:26 AM
"
"
KillerKG wrote:

This isn't a defragmenter in the traditional sense, you still need to use the Windows Defragmenter (Or your favourite alternative) to defragment files/the file after you use this program to gain maximum effect.

I have no idea what program you're using to check how fragmented the file is. Windows Vista and 7 will defragment your hard drive once per week silently in the background, though you can manually do it if you want.

You likely had the file defragmented except for content relating to a update when you checked the files status before a week had passed since the update landed and before Windows got to defragment the additional data. You then deleted and downloaded a new copy and all of that copy is not defragmented either for the same reason (didn't wait for Windows to do its weekly defragment).

Files don't download off the internet in a pre-defragmented state, nor do copies of files or the act of moving a file from one partition/drive to another. (Something like Diskeeper can make this happen though!)

I am on Xp. Honestly my drive needs defrag maybe once or twice a year, i keep a pretty clean pc. I do just use the built in Windows defrag tool usually though, which is usually stated to not be that good, but honestly been using it for 13 years just fine. I had mentioned i just did a complete disk defrag - actually ran it 3 times to compact the files as much as possible as well as did a boot time page file defrag. Then re-downloaded content.ggpk. And used this tool on a fresh copy of it.

I kind of figured that afterwards that downloading a file doesn't mean it comes defraged - that makes sense. After using this tool though windows defrag reported the fragments went from 900 on the fresh download tp up over 10k. This comparing both pre and post copies of the file.

I just got defraggler to check it out. It reports the same things, but it does defrag stand a lone files. Defraged content.ggpk with it, and it got it down to 1 fragment.
Haven't been able to thoroughly test it as i played for an hour or 2 last night and it did crash in docks finally, but then the log in bug thing is going on and it would crash at the loading screen when i tried to relog in after that. I gave up at that point and went to bed.
sped up my game pretty well at least the transitions and such. Still loading time takes a while :( I think it is time to get a ssd anyone have any recommendations?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info