[3.16] Coldslinger | Vortex | Creeping Frost | League Start | SSF | CI/LL

"
Option 1 has spell and cold damage which increase this build's dps. The second want doesn't do anything beyond the +1 cold spell skill gems.

Thanks you are right!
Last edited by pra-lima87 on Feb 6, 2021, 11:11:26 PM
Hi, would you happen to have a video fighting mino using this build? thanks
This build is wonderful, thank you. I did a soft swap over from Shak's Vortex build (just popped 2x Frozen Trail in and swapped the gems) and it works beautifully. Think his build is a little more defense oriented and focused 100% on the DoT damage of Vortex but this works so well in combination, just doing what I was doing before with the simple Vortex build only now I can throw them around.
Can anyone tell me if this build makes good use of a Headhunter or would I be better of using it on a CoC Ice Nova Assassin?
Can someone explain why we go for Glancing Blows?

We don't really utilize on-block mechanics like from a shaper shield, the only thing we scale with block chance is spell damage and mana regen, but given how many points we take to reach GB, is it really worth it?
Also, since we are using Wicked Ward and want a quick recharge, constantly getting hit, even WHEN we block doesn't seem like a good strategy for starting recharge early right?
Can someone explain why its so worth?
"
TrafficLi9HT wrote:
Can someone explain why we go for Glancing Blows?

We don't really utilize on-block mechanics like from a shaper shield, the only thing we scale with block chance is spell damage and mana regen, but given how many points we take to reach GB, is it really worth it?
Also, since we are using Wicked Ward and want a quick recharge, constantly getting hit, even WHEN we block doesn't seem like a good strategy for starting recharge early right?
Can someone explain why its so worth?
The way I think about Glancing Blows (65% damage taken from blocked hits) is that it's a way to smooth out the damage you take. Energy Shield builds suffer defensively compared to life or hybrid builds because of 1) low eHP pools making you susceptible to one-hit kills and 2) no easy way to recover ES on demand, making you susceptible to unlucky strings of hits or DoT kills.

Max block by itself is really good at handling the first issue (one hit kills). But if the point is to prevent one hit kills, GB will do just as well as normal max block for way less investment.

The combination of Wicked Ward and max block is really good at handling the second issue by smoothing out the damage you take. You get hit, start your recharge, and then take 65% damage from 75% of any subsequent hits while being really hard to kill since your recharge doesn't stop until you hit full ES. The idea is to get your recharge delay as low as possible so that you're recharging ES almost constantly.

There are plenty of good arguments to be made about using those 8-16 passive skill points on increasing your total ES, but it's a balancing act. Without GB you would need something like CWDT + IC to help smooth out damage. I think the build author got it right that the extra defensive layer of GB is worth it when we're so gem slot starved.
Last edited by kevinbrightblade on Feb 8, 2021, 6:30:56 PM
"
Infernosaint wrote:
"
jcosovnikar wrote:
Guys, this build and the post and all the content in it is amazing. They helped me a lot to move forward.

I managed to get to LL (lvl 92) 8000 ES, 2.5kk DPS (not sirus dps) but came across a post from the great Path of Matth (2 months ago) about his version of Cold Dot Slinger.

Uffff, he's sick. Insane. Change my variation to yours (except for the passive ancestry tree).

Now he feels much faster, much more robust and my DPS climbed to 4KK !!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkBBHw1vgJU

My POB: https://pastebin.com/3x94Nw0R

So you have Malediction but only 1 curse?

And 2 Sulphur flasks? I didn't think they would stack.

According to the POB you don't have discipline active? And not able to reserve it.

Would it not make sense to use power siphon, if you get Frenzy charges from Cold Snap anyway?

Other than that, I can't see what else than the Frenzy charges, should make it feel that much faster. Double cluster setup is cool, though, and very high dmg :)

---

Unrelated, for my own setup, just got the Shav's on SSF! Lucky Blight Unique chest :)

Already have Eye of Chayula and farming splinters, just need to chance/drop the shield, and I can go LL on SSF!

Hello! construction had not finished at that time. Yes now! It's awesome <3

"
"
jcosovnikar wrote:
Guys, this build and the post and all the content in it is amazing. They helped me a lot to move forward.

I managed to get to LL (lvl 92) 8000 ES, 2.5kk DPS (not sirus dps) but came across a post from the great Path of Matth (2 months ago) about his version of Cold Dot Slinger.

Uffff, he's sick. Insane. Change my variation to yours (except for the passive ancestry tree).

Now he feels much faster, much more robust and my DPS climbed to 4KK !!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkBBHw1vgJU

My POB: https://pastebin.com/3x94Nw0R

Your version is kind of weird... You have way way too much res.IMO the POM version is good only if you have budget to afford it, like the echant helmet to reduce mana reservation, it costs 14 exalts. Evidently you don't have it, so you can't use Discipline (1000 ES lost).

Get a frostbite on hit ring, then you can run double curse.

I already have it, yes! construction is expensive. But if you want to climb, I think this is the way!

Are there any alt quality gems that you all would recommend with this build?
Phantsmal vortex for sure, i didnt check other

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info