Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

[3.16] Coldslinger | Vortex | Creeping Frost | League Start | SSF | CI/LL

"
Sarex_chan wrote:
"
Looking at your profile you have Vortex in your gloves. You want to change the Move (left-click) ability to Vortex.

Since it's an instant cast spell you can still move normally so don't worry about that, it'll just cast automatically in the background.

Congrats on your massively increased DPS if haven't been using it so far.

Well...
I always have vortex (Q) pressed in maps and so on.
Frenzy is on my right-click which i spam while moving or when mobs are around.
But my question was since i get the gems in my shoes (Power Siphon, Frostbite and so on) how or when are they beeing casted or do i have to cast it myself like frenzy?

I got the spell Power Siphon with the supporter gems as a spell in my bar.
If I just cast frenzy the mobs don't get cursed/hexed and I don't get power carges. (Should make sense since they are seperated)

But if I did't miss anything from the guide, I don't see when they are beeing casted with my frenzy.

And if that's right, if I have to cast them by myself like frenzy, when do I cast them?
Currently I run rought the maps with no problems. I guess i have to cast it on bosses later?
...right?

~Sarexchan
[/quote]

You don't use Frenzy, you use Power Siphon. Since Power Siphon is linked to Curse on Hit, Frostbite, Enfeeble - it will trigger them.

You could swap Power Siphon for Frenzy if you feel you need to, but it doesn't feel as good when not linked with Barrage or GMP or something.
It's better to be Lucky, than Good
Loving the build a lot for this league. Thank you guys for all the help so far

Im feeling pretty good about everything, but I still die to random 1 shots which i assume are physical damage?

Can you guys take a look at my character for this league and lmk if theres anything obvious I messed up?
"
Reconican wrote:

Im feeling pretty good about everything, but I still die to random 1 shots which i assume are physical damage?

Can you guys take a look at my character for this league and lmk if theres anything obvious I messed up?
Couple big things:
1. Why are you using Vulnerability? Increasing the physical damage enemies take does nothing for this build. Also curses on CWDT links are generally a waste of a gem slot. You shouldn't be close enough to enemies for them to be hit by the curse when it procs.
2. GMP with your Frostbolt is a waste of a gem slot. You already have one Frozen Trail jewel, that should be enough. Vortex can only proc off of 5 Frostbolts at one time anyways. Personally I'm using two for the added projectile speed, but one Frozen Trail is perfectly fine.
3. You've taken Glancing Blows but none of the block nodes on your passive tree. Take the left side of Arcane Guarding and the top side of Arcane Swiftness. Drop Fingers of Frost and Written in Blood.
4. You're CI, so Cold-Blooded Killer in your large cluster is a waste. You should aim for a combination of Blast-Freeze, Disorienting Display, Deep Chill, Prismatic Heart, or Widespread Destruction depending on your budget and what you're lacking elsewhere (i.e. dps, AoE, resists, clear speed).
5. Hatred is a better aura than Zealotry for this build.
"
"
Reconican wrote:

Couple big things:
1. Why are you using Vulnerability? Increasing the physical damage enemies take does nothing for this build. Also curses on CWDT links are generally a waste of a gem slot. You shouldn't be close enough to enemies for them to be hit by the curse when it procs.
2. GMP with your Frostbolt is a waste of a gem slot. You already have one Frozen Trail jewel, that should be enough. Vortex can only proc off of 5 Frostbolts at one time anyways. Personally I'm using two for the added projectile speed, but one Frozen Trail is perfectly fine.
3. You've taken Glancing Blows but none of the block nodes on your passive tree. Take the left side of Arcane Guarding and the top side of Arcane Swiftness. Drop Fingers of Frost and Written in Blood.
4. You're CI, so Cold-Blooded Killer in your large cluster is a waste. You should aim for a combination of Blast-Freeze, Disorienting Display, Deep Chill, Prismatic Heart, or Widespread Destruction depending on your budget and what you're lacking elsewhere (i.e. dps, AoE, resists, clear speed).

Thank you so much for the detailed feed back, gonna work on implementing everything. Took care of the cluster and the passives already.

Not sure about Hatred though, why is 19% cold damage better than 16% spell damge + increased crit chance?

If I take off GMP, i only shoot 3 frost bolts and I would like to stick with 5, so for now ill probably keep that on there until i find a way to open up a gem slot

I went with CWDT because Immortal call gives a lot of Phys reduction which i figured would prevent some of my one shots. And I figured tossing a curse on there to help dps down bosses who had hit me would be a good idea.
Last edited by Reconican on Feb 1, 2021, 7:07:55 PM
"
Reconican wrote:
Spoiler
"
"
Reconican wrote:

Couple big things:
Thank you so much for the detailed feed back, gonna work on implementing everything. Took care of the cluster and the passives already.

Not sure about Hatred though, why is 19% cold damage better than 16% spell damge + increased crit chance?

If I take off GMP, i only shoot 3 frost bolts and I would like to stick with 5, so for now ill probably keep that on there until i find a way to open up a gem slot

I went with CWDT because Immortal call gives a lot of Phys reduction which i figured would prevent some of my one shots. And I figured tossing a curse on there to help dps down bosses who had hit me would be a good idea.
Check your PoB and you'll see that your base chance to crit is 10-20% depending on which skill you're looking at. Percent increases to crit chance are a noob trap since they're multiplicative to your low base chance instead of additive. This build only cares about crit as a way to proc Elemental Overload, which lasts 8 seconds and is basically always up due to us using a bunch of skills all at once, each with a 10-20% chance to crit, and we only care about having one critical strike per 8 seconds.

Also rule of thumb for Path of Exile: anything that's MORE damage is worth it, even when the choice is between 10% and 11% more.

If you want to run a curse on CWDT, at least pick something besides Vulnerability. Vortex builds do very little physical damage, so making enemies more vulnerable to physical damage is a complete waste.

Honestly you're missing a fair amount of survivability by taking CWDT + IC over double cursing enemies. Immortal Call only helps you survive the second (and third hit), but with Glancing Blows you rarely (almost never) take full damage for multiple hits in a row. If you ran Enfeeble, Temporal Chains and Hextouch though, all enemies you hit (which is most of them) would attack slower and do less damage, which will help prevent 1 hit kills and reduce the damage you take over multiple hits to a greater degree than Immortal Call.

Lastly, you're taking GMP over Arcane Surge, which you could link to Flame Dash. At level 6, Arcane Surge would grant you 13% MORE damage and some mana regen. I don't think GMP (which is purely a quality of life improvement) is close in terms of value.
Spoiler
"
Sarex_chan wrote:
"
Looking at your profile you have Vortex in your gloves. You want to change the Move (left-click) ability to Vortex.

Since it's an instant cast spell you can still move normally so don't worry about that, it'll just cast automatically in the background.

Congrats on your massively increased DPS if haven't been using it so far.

Well...
I always have vortex (Q) pressed in maps and so on.
Frenzy is on my right-click which i spam while moving or when mobs are around.
But my question was since i get the gems in my shoes (Power Siphon, Frostbite and so on) how or when are they beeing casted or do i have to cast it myself like frenzy?

I got the spell Power Siphon with the supporter gems as a spell in my bar.
If I just cast frenzy the mobs don't get cursed/hexed and I don't get power carges. (Should make sense since they are seperated)

But if I did't miss anything from the guide, I don't see when they are beeing casted with my frenzy.

And if that's right, if I have to cast them by myself like frenzy, when do I cast them?
Currently I run rought the maps with no problems. I guess i have to cast it on bosses later?
...right?

~Sarexchan

"
Outt wrote:

You don't use Frenzy, you use Power Siphon. Since Power Siphon is linked to Curse on Hit, Frostbite, Enfeeble - it will trigger them.

You could swap Power Siphon for Frenzy if you feel you need to, but it doesn't feel as good when not linked with Barrage or GMP or something.

I see my mistake now.
Because i didn't had the gems with Power Siphon in the early game(leveling), I just used Frenzy to cast my Frostbolts, etc.
I also looked only to the preview video in this post where he uses frenzy but in the linked video and the PoB he uses Power Siphon + support gems.

Thanks!
~Sarexchan (✿◠‿◠)
I was wondering what I should upgrade first transitioning from the cheap league starter to the LL version
1 QUestion for Intuitive Leap Jewel, how find one with large radius? in level tree / guide there is a big radius, already bought 2, but always small ^^
"
Goggo2000 wrote:
1 QUestion for Intuitive Leap Jewel, how find one with large radius? in level tree / guide there is a big radius, already bought 2, but always small ^^

Intuitive Leap is always a small radius, but allows you to take all nodes in that radius which allows you to go for Mystic Bullwark, Prodigal Perfection and Blast Radius. The one that looks larger is a Thread of Hope, which does come in different sizes, but only allows you to pick things exactly that far away. A large one allows you to pick some other notables, including Heart of Ice.
Guys, this build and the post and all the content in it is amazing. They helped me a lot to move forward.

I managed to get to LL (lvl 92) 8000 ES, 2.5kk DPS (not sirus dps) but came across a post from the great Path of Matth (2 months ago) about his version of Cold Dot Slinger.

Uffff, he's sick. Insane. Change my variation to yours (except for the passive ancestry tree).

Now he feels much faster, much more robust and my DPS climbed to 4KK !!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkBBHw1vgJU

My POB: https://pastebin.com/3x94Nw0R

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info