[3.16] Coldslinger | Vortex | Creeping Frost | League Start | SSF | CI/LL

"
Rhapsodical wrote:
Hey there. I've been running this build for a while now and I'm super satisfied with the boss damage and to a lesser extent the survivability. However, I find that the build appears to be somewhat susceptible to one shots, both in normal map clearing (against trash, not bosses), and against some endgame bossing (A8 Sirus if I happen to get clipped by an ability, and especially the Maven invitation for all four of the Breachlords at once). I'm wondering what changes you think I can make to help with my survivability.

PoB: https://pastebin.com/eSELgs7j

There are some basics missing that'll give you another 400-500ES
Quality Chest
Quality Helm
Tempering Catalyst Amulet (24% conversion)

Roll Basalt Flask (only one mod currently, watchers eye immunity to bleeding)

Thinking Withering Presence is not worth the points just for Chaos Resist. Either Vile Bastion or Profane Bloom would be better.

One shot though basically means play more ES required, better use of flasks or don't stand in the fire in theory. Trash one shots means you're playing too aggressive potentially for a build where damage takes a second or so to kick in.

I found my survivibility went up a lot when used cluster jewels with vile reinvigoration, brush with death. That won't help with true one shots though.

"
Elvale wrote:
There are some basics missing that'll give you another 400-500ES
Quality Chest

PoB must've been out of date as I did this already, my bad.

"
Quality Helm

The helmet is corrupted so I unfortunately can't quality it. I'll look into getting another Rime Gaze with this corruption and 20% quality though if it's affordable.

"
Tempering Catalyst Amulet (24% conversion)

Did this and got like 200 extra ES, thanks.

"
Roll Basalt Flask (only one mod currently, watchers eye immunity to bleeding)

I added the Watcher's Eye quite recently so I never got around to replacing this flask. I'll probably replace it with an Alchemist's Basalt Flask of Draining for the ES gain.

"
Thinking Withering Presence is not worth the points just for Chaos Resist. Either Vile Bastion or Profane Bloom would be better.

Replaced with Vile Bastion to hopefully help. Here's hoping that the loss of 60% Chaos res doesn't hurt too much.

"
One shot though basically means play more ES required, better use of flasks or don't stand in the fire in theory. Trash one shots means you're playing too aggressive potentially for a build where damage takes a second or so to kick in.
I found my survivibility went up a lot when used cluster jewels with vile reinvigoration, brush with death. That won't help with true one shots though.

Unfortunately the trash one shots usually come from the very edge of the screen where I can't really anticipate it. It's not that often at all but it hurts like hell. I'll try going to a bit slower but we'll see how it works.

I used to have a medium with Vile Invigoration and Brush of Death but I unfortunately had to swap it out for a second Self-Control medium cluster jewel to fit in Aspect of the Spider. Practically speaking Aspect of the Spider contributes like 180k DPS so it'd hurt to drop, but if it increases my survivability considerably to do so I might.
Hi!

Im lvl 92, LL, 2,5kk DoT DPS, Full Resis and 7438 ES at moment.

Recomendation for Quality in Ring? Tempering Catalyst may be?

Ty!
Hello!

I am still quite new to the game, so I am not yet familiar with everything and do not know everything by heart.

But to the question I have: The skills of the 4-link hands, when are they casted or do I have to cast them myself?
There was nothing about it in the guide.
Am I missing something or is that intended that I cast it myself?

Note: I don't have the full recommended gear yet.
Although there is still something on my stash but because I lack strength and I have to play very with the dex I do not yet come to suitable gear.
But that is not part of my question :D

Apart from that, I really like this build.
Even though I haven't switched to CI yet.
I can face tank more than I should than my very first char.

When I'm able to switch to CI later and not getting oneshoted is this really an easy, fun, and straight forward build.

Thanks!
~Sarexchan
"
Sarex_chan wrote:
Hello!

I am still quite new to the game, so I am not yet familiar with everything and do not know everything by heart.

But to the question I have: The skills of the 4-link hands, when are they casted or do I have to cast them myself?
There was nothing about it in the guide.
Am I missing something or is that intended that I cast it myself?

Note: I don't have the full recommended gear yet.
Although there is still something on my stash but because I lack strength and I have to play very with the dex I do not yet come to suitable gear.
But that is not part of my question :D

Apart from that, I really like this build.
Even though I haven't switched to CI yet.
I can face tank more than I should than my very first char.

When I'm able to switch to CI later and not getting oneshoted is this really an easy, fun, and straight forward build.

Thanks!
~Sarexchan

Looking at your profile you have Vortex in your gloves. You want to change the Move (left-click) ability to Vortex.

Since it's an instant cast spell you can still move normally so don't worry about that, it'll just cast automatically in the background.

Congrats on your massively increased DPS if haven't been using it so far.
So,

I used to run frenzy + culling in gloves, not sure where I got that from as it seems it has been removed from the topic/thread in its entirely.

I swapped over to the lvl 100 occu LL tree / gear, got everything setup properly, dropped profane and frostbite on hit ring for aspect of the spider > malediction.

Damage is definitely there and much higher, but I cant stress enough on how "slow" it is now and its putting me off a ton. Is there anyway to fix this or is the only way to drop power siphon for frenzy instead? Cause it is so incredibly painful to run it this way, or is it just intended to be much much slower or did I fuck up somewere?

Id be grateful for any answers, im so incredibly lost.
"
Qurest wrote:
So,

I used to run frenzy + culling in gloves, not sure where I got that from as it seems it has been removed from the topic/thread in its entirely.

I swapped over to the lvl 100 occu LL tree / gear, got everything setup properly, dropped profane and frostbite on hit ring for aspect of the spider > malediction.

Damage is definitely there and much higher, but I cant stress enough on how "slow" it is now and its putting me off a ton. Is there anyway to fix this or is the only way to drop power siphon for frenzy instead? Cause it is so incredibly painful to run it this way, or is it just intended to be much much slower or did I fuck up somewere?

Id be grateful for any answers, im so incredibly lost.

I swapped Frost Shield for Cold Snap, to generate Frenzy Charges. I saw it recommended a few pages back, so it totally is up to you if you want to drop the Frost Shield survivability, but having those extra frenzy charges really makes it feel smoother.

I still need to upgrade my boots and Rainbows don't give as much MS as I'd like, and when I swapped wands I lost some Attk Speed that I might try to get back on crafting, as even 9% made it feel better.

I recently switched to LL and I'm still not super far in, but Frost Shield didn't really add anything for me when I was still CI, might be better now but I saw other people swapping it for Cold Snap as well.
It's better to be Lucky, than Good
Killed A6, A7, Shaper, Elder, Mastermind... no problem. My damag (2m) is good enough (maybe even better than I expected when starting this char). But Chimera is really annoying for this build, two hits in the fog and I die.

Also can anyone tells me how to craft a good shaper gloves? The good ones in trade are really expensive so I decided to craft it myself.

// I run frenzy too. And I put cold snap into spellslinger with frostbolt and creeping frost (that's why I need 2 Self-control from small cluster jewel). I figured that if I can get spellslinger enchant on helmet I can remove 1 self-control and put somethingelse on instead.
Last edited by presqueschierke on Feb 1, 2021, 1:35:48 PM

Looking at your profile you have Vortex in your gloves. You want to change the Move (left-click) ability to Vortex.

Since it's an instant cast spell you can still move normally so don't worry about that, it'll just cast automatically in the background.

[/quote]

Well...
I always have vortex (Q) pressed in maps and so on.
Frenzy is on my right-click which i spam while moving or when mobs are around.
But my question was since i get the gems in my shoes (Power Siphon, Frostbite and so on) how or when are they beeing casted or do i have to cast it myself like frenzy?

I got the spell Power Siphon with the supporter gems as a spell in my bar.
If I just cast frenzy the mobs don't get cursed/hexed and I don't get power carges. (Should make sense since they are seperated)

But if I did't miss anything from the guide, I don't see when they are beeing casted with my frenzy.

And if that's right, if I have to cast them by myself like frenzy, when do I cast them?
Currently I run rought the maps with no problems. I guess i have to cast it on bosses later?
...right?

~Sarexchan
"

Well...
I always have vortex (Q) pressed in maps and so on.
Frenzy is on my right-click which i spam while moving or when mobs are around.
But my question was since i get the gems in my shoes (Power Siphon, Frostbite and so on) how or when are they beeing casted or do i have to cast it myself like frenzy?

I got the spell Power Siphon with the supporter gems as a spell in my bar.
If I just cast frenzy the mobs don't get cursed/hexed and I don't get power carges. (Should make sense since they are seperated)

But if I did't miss anything from the guide, I don't see when they are beeing casted with my frenzy.

And if that's right, if I have to cast them by myself like frenzy, when do I cast them?
Currently I run rought the maps with no problems. I guess i have to cast it on bosses later?
...right?

~Sarexchan[/quote]

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info