[3.16] Coldslinger | Vortex | Creeping Frost | League Start | SSF | CI/LL

So. To all the players who has done this build before.
How do you feel using this build in a boss league?
Seems like not the strongest boss-build?
"
LesserForms wrote:
So. To all the players who has done this build before.
How do you feel using this build in a boss league?
Seems like not the strongest boss-build?

You can just use this build as leveling and Farming build early and then respec into cold/cold dot vortex/creeping frost/coldsnap endgame - atleast thats what i will do.
As someone running PoE on a potato PC - how does this build perform in terms of FPS and such?

I always avoided VD/DD slinger because a lot of people had issues with freezing and fps lag, etc.
Is it something I need to worry about?
So how well does this build (leaguestarter version) deal with bosses, I'm a bit unsure at the moment still.
Last edited by Pastillage on Jan 13, 2021, 8:32:32 AM
"
Pastillage wrote:
So how well does this build (leaguestarter version) deal with bosses, I'm a bit unsure at the moment still.

This is my main fear
"
Pastillage wrote:

It's in the same spot as chaos slinger for EDC. It'll be perfect for white and early yellow maps, but you'll want to switch to selfcast after that, the damage difference is probably quite large.
Last edited by heishe on Jan 13, 2021, 11:19:43 AM
"
heishe wrote:
"
Pastillage wrote:

It's in the same spot as chaos slinger for EDC. It'll be perfect for white and early yellow maps, but you'll want to switch to selfcast after that, the damage difference is quite large.

I took the build with budget gear to Tier 16 in heist.. perfectly viable with mediocre to bad gear
When I compare the DPS of this build with ShakCentral's selfcast vortex, it's quite the same, am I wrong ?

"
heishe wrote:
"
Pastillage wrote:

It's in the same spot as chaos slinger for EDC. It'll be perfect for white and early yellow maps, but you'll want to switch to selfcast after that, the damage difference is quite large.
"
finiarel wrote:
When I compare the DPS of this build with ShakCentral's selfcast vortex, it's quite the same, am I wrong ?

"
heishe wrote:
"
Pastillage wrote:

I don't actually know about this build specifically, but all other spellslinger builds I've seen were like this: The self-cast versions are better, just feel worse to play.

The added wand-based damage from spellslinger usually isn't enough to make up for the difference of having one more multiplier from the extra link and lacking damage auras.

I would bet that you're just seeing PoB shenanigans. But who knows, maybe someone else can chime in who actually played both builds.
Last edited by heishe on Jan 13, 2021, 11:19:28 AM
Actually, you must be true.
I love trigger builds and would like to try this one since I don't find other I've never played before

"

I don't actually know about this build specifically, but all other spellslinger builds I've seen were like this: The self-cast versions are better, just feel worse to play.

The added wand-based damage from spellslinger usually isn't enough to make up for the difference of having one more multiplier from the extra link and lacking damage auras.

I would bet that you're just seeing PoB shenanigans. But who knows, maybe someone else can chime in who actually played both builds.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info