[3.16] Coldslinger | Vortex | Creeping Frost | League Start | SSF | CI/LL

You won't get anywhere near the damage that Low life offers with CI
"
DyslexicEvo wrote:
"
Clydehart wrote:

I've updated the POBs section with the new 3.16 tree, but this could change as I dig a bit more into the new tree. I'll provide support for the build during the first month of 3.16.

Played this build in 3.13 as low life, hoping ci has better dmg with the new changes. I'll check out the pob when i get home from work excited with the changes this season. Is gear going to be mostly the same and do you think it will be easier to get high dmg with ci with the new mana reservation efficiency system?

"
donbrawler wrote:
You won't get anywhere near the damage that Low life offers with CI

You are definitely right, CI damage will never compare to LL damage, especially with the new reservation changes. In summary, the reservation changes GREATLY improved mana reservation for the normal CI/LL build, but it killed the end-game CI version damage (this variation stacked reduced reservation to reserve an equivalent amount of auras as the LL).

As an aside, I think he was comparing CI damage in 3.15 to previous leagues. Unfortunately, in 3.15, this build was barely viable to start with and almost required you to swap to LL once you hit late red-tiers.

Purely based on the POB, the 3.16 version should have significantly more damage than 3.15, mostly because we specced out of Glancing Blows and because they've added a lot of DoT multi the tree. With this said, you can still pick up Glancing Blows (and Divine Shield if your Armour > ES, which would be MASSIVE for survivability) using a large Thread of Hope.
Coldslinger: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2797749
Could you add a more defensive oriented version as well? I played this build a few seasons ago, and it was rather squishy until I found a version with Aspect of the Spider, Block/Glancing Blows and the cluster jewel with chance to blind on cast.

The survivability went up greatly and there was still enough damage for all content
Thinking about playing this in 3.16, but I am a bit unclear on the mechanics. When looking at the PoB and the skills I don't get what the attack is that is actually triggering spellslinger. Since vortex is not a wand attack (I think). And I don't see anything in the PoB that could trigger the spellslinger.
I am very new to both spellslinger and this whole type of build, so if someone could clarify this that would be appreciated

//EDIT// Nevermind, I overlooked the frenzy. Kinda dumb of me
Last edited by MarcusMcBride on Oct 20, 2021, 11:05:41 AM
Hello, how do we reach 100% increased cooldown recovery rate on the vortex for instant use without cooldown?
Or do we not need to do this?
Last edited by denis199098 on Oct 21, 2021, 1:02:49 AM
"
denis199098 wrote:
Hello, how do we reach 100% increased cooldown recovery rate on the vortex for instant use without cooldown?
Or do we not need to do this?

You don't need to. Level 20 Vortex casts once per second when you have it on LMB and move, that's more than enough to cover the whole screen with cold dot (higher levels slightly faster than 1/sec). You'd drain your mana anyway with too frequent casting.

Anyway, thanks for the build Clyde! Skipped 3.15 almost completely, took a break, and am ready for 3.16 now. Will definitely start with this one.
Last edited by Altschulinho on Oct 21, 2021, 8:06:39 AM
i want to try to farm int stack wander for the first time, and i think this build will be very good for transition. am i right? is there any pitfalls im not seeing
"
Froglure wrote:
Could you add a more defensive oriented version as well? I played this build a few seasons ago, and it was rather squishy until I found a version with Aspect of the Spider, Block/Glancing Blows and the cluster jewel with chance to blind on cast.

The survivability went up greatly and there was still enough damage for all content

Sure thing, I'll post a tankier version of LL shortly. The higher investment CI tree is extremely tanky and has insane sustain, whereas the starter just has a ridiculous amount of sustain.

"
R4diance wrote:
i want to try to farm int stack wander for the first time, and i think this build will be very good for transition. am i right? is there any pitfalls im not seeing

Coldslinger should be great for farming maps and Scourge, but is not the best bosser. As long as your strategy does not involve farming bosses, you should be good.
Coldslinger: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2797749
Thanks for the guide Clyde, i used it 2 leagues ago and took down all the content, will try the same for this one :D
I'll use this as my starter this league:

I took the liberty to add your levelning notes to your PoB for the starter one.

I hope it is ok by you.

https://pastebin.com/94sy4PX1

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info