[3.16] Coldslinger | Vortex | Creeping Frost | League Start | SSF | CI/LL

Guess I'll go back to this build again :)
2m dps in 3.15 is very good.

I'm doing a melee build in like for ever but the top dps is around 1m (Glad SST). If it doesnt turn out great I might go back to this one. Such a reliable build.
Last edited by pra-lima87 on Aug 7, 2021, 7:17:51 AM
eeeee how u trigger skills with hold vortex when its not projectile from wand to trigger skills lol?

I have like u in POB
- vortex (in armor and only vortex, not linked with Spellslinger)
- Creeping Frost‌ + Spellslinger‌ (in helmet and only this 2 gem's, and at this moment vortex cannot trigger)
- frost bolt + Spellslinger‌ (in gloves and only this 2 gem's, and still vortex cannot trigger any gem because vortex its no projectile from wand)

"
About This Build:
○ Vortex cast speed is instantaneous, so it can be held down while moving, attacking, and using movement skills without feeling clunky. Because of this, Vortex is not linked with Spellslinger. Instead, it is put on LMB to constantly cast while moving, but it's also a good idea to put it on a hotkey for when you want to be stationary.

When Vortex is held down while attacking, it will launch Frostbolts and Creeping Frost because of the link to Spellslinger. Vortex has a direct interaction with Frostbolts and will cast on up to 5 Frostbolts at once. A Frozen Trail jewel is utilized to send out a total of 3 Frostbolts for the Vortex to cast.

NO! You lie here. Because when I changed vortex with power siphon is triggering.

What wiki says about gem, i have same in poe gem.
"
Reserves mana based on the supported spells to cause those spells to trigger when you fire projectiles from a wand attack.

WHERE IS VORTEX PROJECTILE FROM WAND?! Fake build and trolls thared, 100 pages, and no one cheack this build?

@UP
Yaa, sure troll u back to build...
3G at war again
Last edited by Willm4ster on Aug 15, 2021, 8:26:35 AM
"
Willm4ster wrote:
eeeee how u trigger skills with hold vortex when its not projectile from wand to trigger skills lol?

I have like u in POB
- vortex (in armor and only vortex, not linked with Spellslinger)
- Creeping Frost‌ + Spellslinger‌ (in helmet and only this 2 gem's, and at this moment vortex cannot trigger)
- frost bolt + Spellslinger‌ (in gloves and only this 2 gem's, and still vortex cannot trigger any gem because vortex its no projectile from wand)

"
About This Build:
○ Vortex cast speed is instantaneous, so it can be held down while moving, attacking, and using movement skills without feeling clunky. Because of this, Vortex is not linked with Spellslinger. Instead, it is put on LMB to constantly cast while moving, but it's also a good idea to put it on a hotkey for when you want to be stationary.

When Vortex is held down while attacking, it will launch Frostbolts and Creeping Frost because of the link to Spellslinger. Vortex has a direct interaction with Frostbolts and will cast on up to 5 Frostbolts at once. A Frozen Trail jewel is utilized to send out a total of 3 Frostbolts for the Vortex to cast.

NO! You lie here. Because when I changed vortex with power siphon is triggering.

What wiki says about gem, i have same in poe gem.
"
Reserves mana based on the supported spells to cause those spells to trigger when you fire projectiles from a wand attack.

WHERE IS VORTEX PROJECTILE FROM WAND?! Fake build and trolls thared, 100 pages, and no one cheack this build?

@UP
Yaa, sure troll u back to build...

hold down left mouse button (vortex) + attack with Power Siphon(Projectile)

Power Siphon spam Spellslinger and Frostbolt spam vortex

"Frostbolt interacts with Ice Nova and
Vortex,allowing those spells to be cast on Frostbolt projectiles instead of the player."

"When Ice Nova or Vortex is cast while the player has active Frostbolt projectiles, the skills will be cast on the projectiles rather than the player"
"All that fancy sword swinging when all you need is one good stab."
Leveling this build is a pain but I've gotten to act 6 and so far when it works it does good damage.
Any idea why i can only reach about 4 to 5 active vortex'?
im holding down LMB vortex while attacking.
i have nowhere near the coverage from your gif in the starting post.
Maybe someone can help me. I am not really sure why I´m not doing any damage. Cant progress in act 3 dominus fight.

Spellslinger setup with arc and wave of conviction felt "fine" but since swapping to cold its absolutely zero.

I know i dont have EO but i want to try without it

https://pastebin.com/CKiQQRky
Last edited by Isa_Pandora on Oct 13, 2021, 4:37:33 PM
love to see this build performing in 3.16
make coldslinger great again
POB att ? Viable in 3.16 ?
"
robjke wrote:
love to see this build performing in 3.16
make coldslinger great again

"
xWorlock wrote:
POB att ? Viable in 3.16 ?

I've updated the POBs section with the new 3.16 tree, but this could change as I dig a bit more into the new tree. I'll provide support for the build during the first month of 3.16.
Coldslinger: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2797749
"
Clydehart wrote:

I've updated the POBs section with the new 3.16 tree, but this could change as I dig a bit more into the new tree. I'll provide support for the build during the first month of 3.16.

Played this build in 3.13 as low life, hoping ci has better dmg with the new changes. I'll check out the pob when i get home from work excited with the changes this season. Is gear going to be mostly the same and do you think it will be easier to get high dmg with ci with the new mana reservation efficiency system?
Last edited by DyslexicEvo on Oct 19, 2021, 2:16:43 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info