[3.16] Coldslinger | Vortex | Creeping Frost | League Start | SSF | CI/LL

Honestly @Clydehart, you should try to update the build for 3.15

Hypothermia is back, as of today, they reverted the change.

It might lose some dps with some mana regen/reservation, but it's still FUN. I'd play it anyway :) I think many of us still would.
Affliction and Necropolis are the worst leagues ever to exist. The current game design and direction is atrocious.
"
Honestly @Clydehart, you should try to update the build for 3.15

Hypothermia is back, as of today, they reverted the change.

It might lose some dps with some mana regen/reservation, but it's still FUN. I'd play it anyway :) I think many of us still would.

Just updated the POBs for 3.15. I honestly don't know how good/smooth the build will be with the new mana cost on Spellslinger, as there's no real way to play-test the mana changes.

In respect to DPS, it's just like every other build, and it got chunked by about 40-50% less damage.

Will look to update the leveling section later today.
Coldslinger: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2797749
Thanks a lot for the work, I'll be league starting with this :)

But one part that's extremely confusing is when / should you even, go CI or LL ?
I know you have answered the question in the FAQ, but still it's not explained well. You write league start --> LL --> CI, but at the same time you also write to switch to low life as soon as you have 3-4k ES, or during part 7 of the leveling skill tree (which is very early).

So after having spent 30min trying to figure it out, if not for my shake only, you might want to consider making this a bit more clear cause I have no idea right now.

In any cases, thanks alot !
Affliction and Necropolis are the worst leagues ever to exist. The current game design and direction is atrocious.
"
Thanks a lot for the work, I'll be league starting with this :)

But one part that's extremely confusing is when / should you even, go CI or LL ?
I know you have answered the question in the FAQ, but still it's not explained well. You write league start --> LL --> CI, but at the same time you also write to switch to low life as soon as you have 3-4k ES, or during part 7 of the leveling skill tree (which is very early).

So after having spent 30min trying to figure it out, if not for my shake only, you might want to consider making this a bit more clear cause I have no idea right now.

In any cases, thanks alot !

I will clear this up in the guide in the next day or so.

You should be going CI around 3-4K ES, not low life. You only go low life once you have a Shavronne's and Prism Guardian (which are going to be insanely expensive this league since the Pain Attunement is now a full support rather than half a support gem).

Before, the progression used to be League start CI -> LL -> Endgame CI, but you won't have enough damage endgame without Pain Attunement, so LL will be mandatory through the entire game.
Ok so I league started this and I've tried to use the spell slinger set up when I hit act 4. I can still only use 1 spellslinger set up and im in act 5 now. is this because of the mana buff they did? or am i doing something wrong?
"
lukamikori wrote:
Ok so I league started this and I've tried to use the spell slinger set up when I hit act 4. I can still only use 1 spellslinger set up and im in act 5 now. is this because of the mana buff they did? or am i doing something wrong?

You need all the reduced reservation on the tree, including the nodes on the left side (Sovereignty) to use a 4L setup with Creeping Frost. Take out Controlled Destruction for now until you get those nodes. Replace Controlled Destruction with Inspiration once you can as well.
Hey,

So in the PoB, how do you have mana for Vitality + Discipline + Clarity on top of the two spellslinger reservations ?

Frostbolt + spellslinger reserves 20% mana, like you.
But your 4L CF Spellslinger reserves 34% mana, whereas mine reserves 52%. I don't get it ?

edit: nvm probably cause im using Rime Gaze so it's a ''5L''
Last edited by Senju_Hyoketsu on Jul 26, 2021, 5:37:09 AM
"
lukamikori wrote:

It's probably because of the mana changes they did. Unfortunately, there's no real way to test it without actually having the mana multipliers in the game.

As an aside, Rime Gaze is now impossible to use with the build unless you drop Discipline.
For anyone wonder, so far so good, i am at red maps, most op build i have ever play. You need the cluster for discipline before you go full lowlife + all auras. Build still insane <3
Ok so i have looked at the pob. what would be our best helm encahnt and boot enchant we could be running? i mixed a few things up with t he build atm im still running rime gaze but i linked up dis wit arrogance.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info