[3.10] LL Storm Brand Hierophant 8k+ ES, 10k Mana, 10M+ DPS per brand

"
nico5051 wrote:
I know there's a lot to improve but how can I upgrade my gear? I'm nowhere close to 1M dps, POB says 140k... I have 3ex. I know that I have to 20/20 my gems btw

Help pls :( I'm not lacking dps but I feel I should be more op
"
MrSneakyFox wrote:
is there a way to get brands permanent, recasting them feels awful, since it doesn't actually refresh the duration of them.

since you don't use empower I'm going to assume they're not permanent for this build

I suppose you can almost achieve it (cause of lag/delay) but you will need to have 150 % cooldown recovery speed for getting Brand recall cooldown at 1.2sec.
You can achieve that by replacing flame dash by empower lvl 4 + getting brand recall 7. But you are loosing your flame dash :S

Loving Archmage Storm Brand. I'm playing a hybrid MoM version (mindspiral/cloak of def/essence worm) and am considering swapping to this LL version. Anyone have any insight into which one is more durable? I see people saying they get one shot with this LL version, i don't typically have problems with that. I guess this version is suppoed to have higher dps?
Really like this build. Switched over from Inquisitor Storm Brand with MoM and it feels more fluent to play.

In the beginning ES felt low but with some upgrades I manage to survive unless I make too risky plays (8.8k ES and 9.5k Mana).

Went for 'Mind Drinker' as the anoint as I truly favor the '2% Mana on kill'. Running Clarity with blood magic foir the watchers eye. Blade Blast, Wave on Conviction and Ice Golem with cast when damage taken for a more comfortable play-style.

With the ring taking care of the curse I linked arcane surge with self cast arcane cloak (still have to manage to find the perfect timing to soak up big amounts of damage). Running the belt with the Remove chill and freeze after dropping Dream Fragments but I am not sure yet how it will suffice in the long run. Might change around my flasks down the line or try to find another solution.

In general I aimed for a high amount of 'Damage gained as Mana" including the watchers eye.

Next big upgrade will be a watchers eye with Mana as ES and a small cluster with chaos res.

Any suggestions for my current build? Love the depth and choices connected to the build!
"
nico5051 wrote:
"
nico5051 wrote:
I know there's a lot to improve but how can I upgrade my gear? I'm nowhere close to 1M dps, POB says 140k... I have 3ex. I know that I have to 20/20 my gems btw

Get a cinderswallow flask with decent rolls for a huge survivability gain (and damage as well)..

Get a better weapon (with high crit chance and mana on it as well) and make sure you have a lot of mana on all gear .. 8K mana is good amount for high dps anyways. Check out passive trees from people you know who do well with their gear. Import their profile into POB and see what you can do to improve yours. It may require a bit of respeccing here and there.

I'm using 3x fevered mind jewels (huge boost in dps), spirited response, healthy mind and a cluster jewel. They are important.

Also you are using a lvl 18 conductivity on a CWDT lvl 1.. So it will never trigger. That in itself is a huge damage boost.. Again on the wand update.. try to get a trigger socketed spells when you use a skill with the required stats. You can drop the CWDT then and use max level gems like conductivity, wave and something else.

If you can't get the critical strike chance up why not try the non crit way.. I'm at 4 mil dps per brand non crit.

Oh and again, for the people saying you NEED the 60 ex watcher's eye in order to drop sanctuary. That is nonsense.. In the end that 2K extra ES won't save you either if you gat slammed.

Sure you'll die a couple times more but it is very playable without the 60 ex investment. Chaos resist goes a long way towards better surviviability. In the end that 2K extra ES won't save you either if you gat slammed.

Skyforth (12 ex?) isn't mandatory either as you'll get at least stun immunity from Presense of Chayula, not to mention a truckload of chaos resist.

I want to thank the OP for writing this guide. I did a lot of tweaking, respeccing and thinkering with it to suit my own taste but this is the best build I've ever played in POE. Also thanks to the amazing archmage/arcane cloak skills ofc.

Last edited by Zweetsok on Apr 5, 2020, 1:57:36 AM
"
froztyxx wrote:
Would taking Ele Overload improve the DPS overall?

Edit: Tried the POB, it takes DPS out lol

It will on a non crit build yes.
Thanks for the cool build! Completed all content, Sirus A8, Shaper, U-Elder, Double-bosses 20-w simulacrum, 5-orb maps + double byond.

8k ES, 9.2k Mana, 9.2m per brand Shaper DPS || POB: https://pastebin.com/CA2jaLxm

"
Zweetsok wrote:
"
nico5051 wrote:
"
nico5051 wrote:

Get a cinderswallow flask with decent rolls for a huge survivability gain (and damage as well)..

Get a better weapon (with high crit chance and mana on it as well) and make sure you have a lot of mana on all gear .. 8K mana is good amount for high dps anyways. Check out passive trees from people you know who do well with their gear. Import their profile into POB and see what you can do to improve yours. It may require a bit of respeccing here and there.

I'm using 3x fevered mind jewels (huge boost in dps), spirited response, healthy mind and a cluster jewel. They are important.

Also you are using a lvl 18 conductivity on a CWDT lvl 1.. So it will never trigger. That in itself is a huge damage boost.. Again on the wand update.. try to get a trigger socketed spells when you use a skill with the required stats. You can drop the CWDT then and use max level gems like conductivity, wave and something else.

If you can't get the critical strike chance up why not try the non crit way.. I'm at 4 mil dps per brand non crit.

Oh and again, for the people saying you NEED the 60 ex watcher's eye in order to drop sanctuary. That is nonsense.. In the end that 2K extra ES won't save you either if you gat slammed.

Sure you'll die a couple times more but it is very playable without the 60 ex investment. Chaos resist goes a long way towards better surviviability. In the end that 2K extra ES won't save you either if you gat slammed.

Skyforth (12 ex?) isn't mandatory either as you'll get at least stun immunity from Presense of Chayula, not to mention a truckload of chaos resist.

I want to thank the OP for writing this guide. I did a lot of tweaking, respeccing and thinkering with it to suit my own taste but this is the best build I've ever played in POE. Also thanks to the amazing archmage/arcane cloak skills ofc.

Thanks man! I'm really grateful.
I'm having such a blast with this build that I feel this is a new game lol, maybe this will be the first build that I'm min-maxing
Just to note, I know my opinions don't necessarily reflect that of the OP's or others but I'm always trying to find what works best for ME with the playstyle that suits me. I never blindly follow 1 guide. Respecced a lot, tried a lot and my current setup works absolutely great for ME. Great thing about POE is that it is so versatile with so many options.

@nico5051

You have another CWDT I believe in your helmet which doesn't do much.. Your arcane cloak is too high for it too trigger on CWDT and to waste 2 gems for just a lightning golem.. you can better use those 2 gem slots.

Also get innervate on your orb of storms.. possibly chain... very nice. Or use a curse on hit->conductivity with orb

My POB: https://pastebin.com/xSyVnKuN (original POB as the special fork is outdated and gives a lot of wrong info it seems)

For some reason POB doesn't show my cluster jewel as being activated or something.. It is.. Oh and I think it shows frost bomb in my wand. I use that when I do physical reflect maps and take out wave of conviction.
Last edited by Zweetsok on Apr 5, 2020, 3:54:30 AM
Is this wand ok if I craft trigger socketed spells on it?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info