3.14 💀 Torstein's Death Angel - All content viable - insane! 2x Oni-Goroshi

I'm playing the tanky cluster jewel variation and have no issues with bossing so far. Which variation are you playing?

Can't say anything about Delirium, though. I'm playing on Standard.
I had some problems with Blade Flurry in the beginning but this is what I learned to improve.

1) BF needs every component to shine. You must be in Beserk, you must have all flasks popped, you must be in Bloodrage, you musty be in Blood Stance and you must have Ancestral Protector up. When these all line up, 99.99% of the bosses melt instantly if using Blade Flurry correctly (see #2)

2) I was not using Blade Flurry correctly and was holding much too long before release. Like a previous poster, I thought 4 seconds would be fine but it is much quicker than that when you have all the other items up and running. It is closer to 2 seconds when you need to release. This makes an ENORMOUS difference, because you can get it two full stages before your flasks need to be popped. Most bosses will go down in 2 correctly proced releases with all other required items up and running.

3) The first 6 stages do less damage, but they do add up. You need to make sure you are correctly aiming and are close enough to target for these to hit. In your release stage you don't need to be close but you do need to be aiming correctly.

My problem is with some of the ULTRA high health bosses like Kosis in Wave 20. I find that once my flasks, and berserk expire, my damage drops through the floor and it takes a long time to kill them.

But I also know my gear is FAR from ideal. I have an enormous amount of improvement I can make in gems, armor and continued leveling of my character (to help Oni). I can't speak to if this will fix my issues with the ultra high health bosses but it is certainly going to help.

"
I had some problems with Blade Flurry in the beginning but this is what I learned to improve.

1) BF needs every component to shine. You must be in Beserk, you must have all flasks popped, you must be in Bloodrage, you musty be in Blood Stance and you must have Ancestral Protector up. When these all line up, 99.99% of the bosses melt instantly if using Blade Flurry correctly (see #2)

2) I was not using Blade Flurry correctly and was holding much too long before release. Like a previous poster, I thought 4 seconds would be fine but it is much quicker than that when you have all the other items up and running. It is closer to 2 seconds when you need to release. This makes an ENORMOUS difference, because you can get it two full stages before your flasks need to be popped. Most bosses will go down in 2 correctly proced releases with all other required items up and running.

3) The first 6 stages do less damage, but they do add up. You need to make sure you are correctly aiming and are close enough to target for these to hit. In your release stage you don't need to be close but you do need to be aiming correctly.

My problem is with some of the ULTRA high health bosses like Kosis in Wave 20. I find that once my flasks, and berserk expire, my damage drops through the floor and it takes a long time to kill them.

But I also know my gear is FAR from ideal. I have an enormous amount of improvement I can make in gems, armor and continued leveling of my character (to help Oni). I can't speak to if this will fix my issues with the ultra high health bosses but it is certainly going to help.

Thank you for the information, I tried follwing your recommendations. It is better but the main problem is - it takes FOREVER to: place the banner, place the totem, get 50 stacks, do 2-2-6 attack sessions ( when BOSS SIMPLY jumps away all your preparation means NOTHING ).

The build is VERY slow on bossing, you have to STOP and make preparations which is not acceptable when the boss is more than a maneken mechanics. IF you miss you 10 second burst you will do no damage at all.

Hey TS, if you are reading this:
Are there any other alternatives to the flurry spell, because it is way too ineffective to use in real-life high-pace mapping and bossing?
"

This is good info. Will give it a try. Thanks. What about general mapping? (especially as the delirium goes on and the rares get tougher). I assume it's mostly:

1. Turn on auras and war banner
2. Turn on blood rage
3. Run and Leap slap around hitting everything with IB
4. Spam the flasks as needed
5. For tougher rares or groups use the totem and/or berserk

Do you use BF or place the banner often while mapping?
"
Higuey wrote:
"

This is good info. Will give it a try. Thanks. What about general mapping? (especially as the delirium goes on and the rares get tougher). I assume it's mostly:

1. Turn on auras and war banner
2. Turn on blood rage
3. Run and Leap slap around hitting everything with IB
4. Spam the flasks as needed
5. For tougher rares or groups use the totem and/or berserk

Do you use BF or place the banner often while mapping?

I never use BF or plant the banner when clearing. If there is a Fatty who is annoying and won't die after 3 hits of infernal blow, I just ignore him and move deeper into Delirium (it is more profitable not to waste time killing one fatty when you can kill 75 smaller guys).

If absolutely needed I may pop Berserk but only if I am no where near the boss.
"
Just faced the Minotaur on t16. This build does no damage to epic bosses. I am very upset that I wasted my time and 30ex+ on this.

PS. Also any (!!) epic bosses ability one-shots it lol.

I DO NOT recommend to anyone reading this trying this build out as it is not viable for any Delirium content.

Dude! Did you follow the build exactly ? I just killed Minotaur, Hydra, Phoenix and Chimera including Shaper yesterday, the first time ever I did since I have been played POE back in Perandus leauge.

Firstly, this build DPS is ofc not as top tiers cause the author kept it as cheap as possible, but it is still enough to melt bosses very fast if you built right and played good.

Secondly, the Vaal pact + Soul Tether + Acsendency leeching node + Instant warcry combo in cluster version + Her embrace buff which gives you "cannot be stunned" combined is one of the strongest defense mechanics but cheap AF atm in my opinion. It saved me in many dangerous situation when I was surrounding by ton of delirium monsters by quickly recover my life pool from like 10-15% to 100%.

I also solo tank Omniphobia in T16 map with this combo btw, I haven't killed Kosis but it need some dodging skill.

Additionally, Berserk + instant warcry combo will be the meta for melee character in the future if GGG decided to let it alive I believe. Because it acts like free-always-up-time life flask for any long boss fight when you run out of flask charges and also refresh your rage stacks.

This is my gear atm in Delirum, all cost like ~7ex-ish.

Im not even got the Cinderwallow Urm + Watchereye jewel yet + I sacraficed Acrobatics nodes to do my personal playstyle with Inspired learning or allocated Disciple of the Slaughter with Thread of Hope for +3 minimum Frenzy charges.
I use Conserated Path instead of IB to quickly jumping from pack to pack, damage is good enough to kill mobs up to T16.

I HIGHLY recommend anyone reading this to try the build if you are an active player + fan of melee and have tight budget.

Last edited by levinh07 on May 1, 2020, 4:24:49 PM
"
levinh07 wrote:
"
Just faced the Minotaur on t16. This build does no damage to epic bosses. I am very upset that I wasted my time and 30ex+ on this.

PS. Also any (!!) epic bosses ability one-shots it lol.

I DO NOT recommend to anyone reading this trying this build out as it is not viable for any Delirium content.

Dude! Did you follow the build exactly ? I just killed Minotaur, Hydra, Phoenix and Chimera including Shaper yesterday, the first time ever I did since I have been played POE back in Perandus leauge.

Firstly, this build DPS is ofc not as top tiers cause the author kept it as cheap as possible, but it is still enough to melt bosses very fast if you built right and played good.

Secondly, the Vaal pact + Soul Tether + Acsendency leeching node + Instant warcry combo in cluster version + Her embrace buff which gives you "cannot be stunned" is one of the strongest defense mechanic but cheap AF atm in my opinion. They saved me in many dangerous situation when I was surrounding by ton of delirium monsters by quickly recover my life pool from like 10-15% to 100%.

I also solo tank Omniphobia in T16 map with this combo btw, I didnt kill Kosis but it need some dodging skill.

Additionally, Berserk + instant warcry combo will be the meta for melee character in the furture if GGG decided to let it alive I believe. Because they act like free life flask for any long boss fight when you run out of flask charges and also refresh your rage stacks.

This is my gear atm in Delirum, all cost like ~7ex-ish.

Im not even got the Cinderwallow Urm + Watchereye jewel yet + I sacraficed Acrobatics nodes to do my personal playstyle with Inspired learning or allocated Disciple of the Slaughter with Thread of Hope for +3 minimum Frenzy charges.
I use Conserated Path instead of IB to quickly jumping from pack to pack, damage is good enough to kill mobs up to T16.

I HIGHLY recommend anyone reading this to try the build if you are an active player + fan of melee and have tight budget.

this is my pob: https://pastebin.com/bYPXeYb5
Last edited by JuniorJunglist on May 1, 2020, 4:11:44 PM
"

I can see you have all better gear than me.With all of the gear you have you should be fine doing bosses.

But your life pool is sitting at around 5k - where ideally atleast 5k5-6k as a melee character and rely on mostly leech + life recover.

Overall you just need few more levels to get more life nodes on the tree and more dps from Oni (more dps = more life leech rate + more life recover from leech).

If you choose to fully buff your DPS - it will result in many radom "one shot". Melee is very different compared to Ranged - where you can go full DPS and not let anything touching you.

In general mapping I just hold my warcry with left button down then jumping around,spam flasks, enable berserk and rarly pop up totem.

I hardly ever ever drop any banner in any situation, because Im too lazy to do that and I always forget to do it :/.

In long fight bosses like Shaper or Guardians I simply walk around for stacking my rage up to ~30 then jump right into their faces and do the "2-2-6" trick like they mention above. Only need 2-3 secs of BF then release it while bosses targeting you, just need few practice with Atziri.

1.Cast totem anytime you can when boss jump/fade away.
2.Use flasks wisely.
3.Dodge big hits with Leap slam and don't expect to tank anything - this is not MR. T H I C C build.
4.Use the sand stance for more defense (i.e in Chimera and Hydra fight I used sand stance so they blinded and deal less damage to me)
5. Avoid dangerous mods combo. ( Minotaur with Vulne + monster double crit= "you are dead" or Chimera with monster deal "x" extra as chaos or element and double crit = "you are getting one shot by the snake")
6. This is an "Active build" so you can not rely on any "auto cast" but only warcry, flasks timing, berserk + totem uptime.

I don't like the play style of BF skill but damage it provides is so good not to be ignored. And beside that which one you can choose outside of "Cyclone meta" ? :(

"
levinh07 wrote:
"

I can see you have all better gear than me.With all of the gear you have you should be fine doing bosses.

But your life pool is sitting at around 5k - where ideally atleast 5k5-6k as a melee character and rely on mostly leech + life recover.

Overall you just need few more levels to get more life nodes on the tree and more dps from Oni (more dps = more life leech rate + more life recover from leech).

If you choose to fully buff your DPS - it will result in many radom "one shot". Melee is very different compared to Ranged - where you can go full DPS and not let anything touching you.

In general mapping I just hold my warcry with left button down then jumping around,spam flasks, enable berserk and rarly pop up totem.

I hardly ever ever drop any banner in any situation, because Im too lazy to do that and I always forget to do it :/.

In long fight bosses like Shaper or Guardians I simply walk around for stacking my rage up to ~30 then jump right into their faces and do the "2-2-6" trick like they mention above. Only need 2-3 secs of BF then release it while bosses targeting you, just need few practice with Atziri.

1.Cast totem anytime you can when boss jump/fade away.
2.Use flasks wisely.
3.Dodge big hits with Leap slam and don't expect to tank anything - this is not MR. T H I C C build.
4.Use the sand stance for more defense (i.e in Chimera and Hydra fight I used sand stance so they blinded and deal less damage to me)
5. Avoid dangerous mods combo. ( Minotaur with Vulne + monster double crit= "you are dead" or Chimera with monster deal "x" extra as chaos or element and double crit = "you are getting one shot by the snake")
6. This is an "Active build" so you can not rely on any "auto cast" but only warcry, flasks timing, berserk + totem uptime.

I don't like the play style of BF skill but damage it provides is so good not to be ignored. And beside that which one you can choose outside of "Cyclone meta" ? :(

Can you explain the 2-2-6 trick in detail? I don't think I am doing that.

I hold Blade Flurry until 6 stages, release as quickly as possible and then repeat.
hello everyone, i've a big problem with this build, i mean, it's great damage, but i die too often when i do serious stuff (60% delirium maps, minotaur, kosis on wave 20)

it's probably me who suck, cause i've pretty good equip and it's near to 30 million dps this is my pastebind

https://pastebin.com/9B7Zp8Za

if anyone have any hints, please share it with me, cause i'm very frustrated now and i've invested like 40ex in this build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info