Comprehensive feedback

"
Tomorrow wrote:
"
Qarl wrote:
Just posting to let people know the feedback has been read and discussed, and certainly will make an impact on future changes.

And, yes, this is yet another "not long winded" post.

We will try give a more full reply in time. Currently there is a lot of work going on in the office on 0.10.5, as we need to have it ready early.

Please have more 1 line post in other random post more often. This feels like GGG all the sudden care because OP is one of those 24/7ers. And you are ignoring the rest of casual guys.

Do any of the other posts really have actual feedback? Or is it just whining about x? Without stating why it's a problem, a possible solution, in a coherent manner. Hell, I've read many posts where it reads as the OP was foaming at the mouth.

Besides, judging by recent posts, the increasing of loot timer length, increase in map drops, chaos recipe change, group loot IIQ bonus change, were all brought up by more "casual" players than anyone else.

Not that there's anything wrong with those changes, just saying
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
"
Tomorrow wrote:
"
Qarl wrote:
Just posting to let people know the feedback has been read and discussed, and certainly will make an impact on future changes.

We will try give a more full reply in time. Currently there is a lot of work going on in the office on 0.10.5, as we need to have it ready early.

Please have more 1 line post in other random post more often. This feels like GGG all the sudden care because OP is one of those 24/7ers. And you are ignoring the rest of casual guys.

Do any of the other posts really have actual feedback? Or is it just whining about x? Without stating why it's a problem, a possible solution, in a coherent manner. Hell, I've read many posts where it reads as the OP was foaming at the mouth.

Besides, judging by recent posts, the increasing of loot timer length, increase in map drops, chaos recipe change, group loot IIQ bonus change, were all brought up by more "casual" players than anyone else.

Not that there's anything wrong with those changes, just saying

Im aware that some of those feedback are actually total shit whining. I just want GGG to show how much they care, because I know they do.

Of all the recent changes. I like the chaos recipes change, except I thought a better cut off line would be 52(lowest merciless area. Maybe you get something like 2 chances or 2 jeweler for cruel set and 1 chance for normal.
IGN QTCRZ
Great post Moosifer. It really brought shape to a lot of things that have been tumbling around in the back of my mind.

I first found out about PoE 5 days before OB launch. I initially thought that was great timing. I could pass the time watching a few videos about the fundamentals of the game, and then have a go when OB launched.
As you can see from my supporter status, that wasn't what happened. I ended up spending at least a couple of hours watching videos on Youtube of people giving impressions, explaining mechanics, and showing off builds. That was enough. I donated and downloaded, looking forward to getting to try out this exciting new game.
I soon discovered my time on Youtube hadn't been anything like enough to prepare me for the game. No matter. I had a great time fumbling around in CB despite my lack of knowledge, and even upgraded my supporter status before OB launched I was enjoying it so much. This looked like the game I had been looking for since I stopped playing Diablo 2 many years ago. Something I could play for years before tiring of it.
I don't have the experience to put it into words as well as Moosifer did, or even to pinpoint exactly what was causing it, but I have been getting nagging feelings in the back of my mind that this game didn't have the longevity I had hoped.
What he said rings absolutely true with those feelings I've been getting. Poor map progression, the overimportance of life, the blurring of the role of ES, and all the rest. I don't see much of a problem with Docks for farming, but I never got that far in CB so I can't say. His arguments on that do make me think it could be better, though.
These issues are most of the reasons I will likely no longer be playing this game in 6 months. The (relatively minor) bugs, my lag and desyncing I can look past and work around; they will either be fixed or are out of anyones control. It is the things like those mentioned here that have been seemingly designed but that don't quite work that will build up and finally make me stop enjoying the game.

tl;dr. Listen to this man. He speaks sense.
"
Moosifer wrote:

Just like my last time quitting when I gave everything away I made it 12 hours this time. Then I realize I have no life, no friends and nothing to do. It's POE or netflix so I'm logged on right now.

Neflix is cool man...gimme all your Alpha itemz now. :)
OB: BazzVone - 83 Dual Spork Totem Templar /w CI and minions
CB: BazzVfourteen - 80 Dual Spork Totem Templar /w CI
CB: BazzVtwo - 73 Dual Spork Totem/LS Templar
CB: BazzVseven - 76 Lightning Strike Mara
CB: BazzVfive - 78 Lightning Strike Mara
Check you PMs Moosifer. Need your advice on OP support build.

I know you're checking this thread damnit
"
BazzV5 wrote:
"
Moosifer wrote:

Just like my last time quitting when I gave everything away I made it 12 hours this time. Then I realize I have no life, no friends and nothing to do. It's POE or netflix so I'm logged on right now.

Neflix is cool man...gimme all your Alpha itemz now. :)

You know damn well I have nothing on alpha. You saw me fumbling to test cyclone. "Comon vendor I need a 80% crit dagger" "should I test this on my molten shell mara or my BM FP shadow?" lol
Finished 17th in Rampage - Peaked at 11th
Finished 18th in Torment/Bloodline 1mo Race - peaked at 9th
Null's Inclination Build 2.1.0 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1559063
Summon Skeleton 1.3 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1219856
"
VictorDoom wrote:
I do think the problem with melee is monster damage actually.. thats why everyone goes ranged monsters just hit too hard in the endgame, going ranged means you can get roughly the same amount of life as a melee,do decent dps, but you can avoid getting hit much easier.

Thats my opinion on why melee suddenly turned to shit in OB, monsters damage is just too high, especially the map bosses in 70+ maps, the damage is just too big for a melee with 4-5k life to kill them, do all melees need kaoms heart now or what? even with 8k bleeding life you can still die to a few hits from a vaal laser or gravicus fire storm, the damage is just mental.

I have to do the sneaky thing and just get a few hits then run away from bosses like Loath, Piety,Vaal etc. rince, repeat, i do declare that i do maps that are pretty hard but still, i shouldnt have to waste so much time and risk death so i can kill a boss because a hit takes away 2/3 of my life with 4.5k life, 10k armor, 5 endu charges and 80% all rez.

It is too much damage that is killing melee, before this damage was in no one complained how ranged is OP, now ranged is OP because they dont have to get in the thick of it and get hit as much as melees.

I asked for mob damage to be brought down a few times in alpha and many times in beta, it hasn't happened. I just kinda accepted it and rather than saying change that I asked for some way for melee to deal with the damage which would be through DR while in melee range and special life for melee. If 10k life is equal to 5-6k life of CB then it has to be easier to get without a kaoms, also making it a melee only thing could bridge the gap.
Null's Inclination Build 2.1.0 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1559063
"
sonickenking wrote:
Nice feedback, especially the following points:

1. Better (more diversity) melee active skills. Making cleave, sweep as supporting skills is a very good idea. Range has LMP/GMP/fork/chain to make whatever is a single target range attack to a AOE. Melee should be able to do the same. And melee needs help in general.

2. Two level gap for maps and make them bigger. This will possibly help out the current map system w/o adjusting the drop rates.

But I think most of the feedback won't or cannot be taken seriously by GGG, since there is no more character wipe. Even small changes can cause big drama since it is permanent ... It is too late to make big/fundamental changes.

All of the changes can be made even if they don't erase old items. Who will use sweep skill if there's a sweep support? Maps that were removed will fade out quickly. ...and I can't think of anything else I just woke up. But I purposely wrote it with "everything that's here now can't leave." Hence why I don't mention getting rid of chaos res but I'd really like to.

The only real problem I see is many of these changes would light the forums on fire. Many builds would have dramatic changes leaving people to lose their minds. I think a month later people will enjoy things much more though.
"
Qarl wrote:

I'd love to know what direction you guys are going with alot of these changes but know this isn't a "fuck ggg" thread, I love this game and I want to see you guys take it down a route that opens up options to players.

Also I see what you did in your 2nd sentence, proving that you read the whole thread.

I love you guys, please take this as feedback from a nolifer who wants improvement rather than a support on the verge of quitting (probably going to log on soon anyways, fuck netflix).
After having thought about it, I can conceive of one problem with making melee AoEs like Cleave and GS support gems. New low-level AoE melee skills will have to be devised, as otherwise there will be no low-level melee AoE skills which may well bum people out, especially new players who could feel frustrated about having to beat each monster in the face one at a time until they get, I 'unno, Leap Slam at Brutus. I agree that it would be worth it, but there'd have to be something to replace what is leaving.

Ideas?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info