Comprehensive feedback

"
Tomorrow wrote:
One of the few legitimate feed back post. That didnt whine about RNG, fusing mechanic and map drop rate.

I will have to post more in the thread.

Right now, Just want to give my 2 cents on

Absolutely love the idea of turning some skills into support. Imaging link viper strike with double strike and cleave, viper strike with whirling blade or leap slam with Lightning strike. It would create a lot of new interesting builds and different play style. Oh and give wand a couple more usable skills. Its even worse than melee, every wander is power siphon.

I thought long and hard on how to make melee interesting and I just thought how cool infernal blow would be on sweep. How crazy puncture could be on GS. It just seemed so interesting to me, the possibilities really opened up. It's the same way projectiles work, I don't know why it hasn't been suggested before, nor why it wasn't done that way from the start.

Also with wanders, they probably wouldn't be too hurt from just making some bow skills into general projectile skills. What about ice shot, burning arrow or LA (besides the names) make them restricted to bows but not wands?
Finished 17th in Rampage - Peaked at 11th
Finished 18th in Torment/Bloodline 1mo Race - peaked at 9th
Null's Inclination Build 2.1.0 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1559063
Summon Skeleton 1.3 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1219856
Last edited by Moosifer on Mar 19, 2013, 5:44:37 PM
I do think the problem with melee is monster damage actually.. thats why everyone goes ranged monsters just hit too hard in the endgame, going ranged means you can get roughly the same amount of life as a melee,do decent dps, but you can avoid getting hit much easier.

Thats my opinion on why melee suddenly turned to shit in OB, monsters damage is just too high, especially the map bosses in 70+ maps, the damage is just too big for a melee with 4-5k life to kill them, do all melees need kaoms heart now or what? even with 8k bleeding life you can still die to a few hits from a vaal laser or gravicus fire storm, the damage is just mental.

I have to do the sneaky thing and just get a few hits then run away from bosses like Loath, Piety,Vaal etc. rince, repeat, i do declare that i do maps that are pretty hard but still, i shouldnt have to waste so much time and risk death so i can kill a boss because a hit takes away 2/3 of my life with 4.5k life, 10k armor, 5 endu charges and 80% all rez.

It is too much damage that is killing melee, before this damage was in no one complained how ranged is OP, now ranged is OP because they dont have to get in the thick of it and get hit as much as melees.
I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
https://www.facebook.com/victorseicheart/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Highest level char in Closed Beta, Wytchfindergeneral
Last edited by VictorDoom on Mar 19, 2013, 7:13:22 PM
^

Melee is shit compared to ranged, not to monster damage. If monster damage got toned down tremendously, ranged get it easier too. We need 90% of monsters becoming bear trapping, arc shooting, projectile reflecting, flicker striking, invisible-out-of-melee, very-fast-with-slowing-aura monsters to make ranged characters suffer just as much as melee, then it'd be properly balanced and hardcore.
Please pardon my bad english
I've no experience in endgame, my survival record so far is only level 52. It is a well-written, thoughtful post though - a good read.

I do want to touch on this:

"
Moosifer wrote:
Attributes

Problem

This is a quick one. All 3 attributes gives damage and EHP, not all are created equally. Int giving mana and ES% works fine. Neither is very good without something along side it, sweet. Dex gives flat accuracy and eva%. Not too bad, the accuracy could probably be higher but compared to INT, it’s good.

Now STR fucks this all up. Str gives flat life and %IPD. INT and DEX both give a mitigation, a way to have damage not touch your life, str gives all those %life nodes they have a base to build up. INT and DEX also give ways to do more damage while str just gives more damage.

Solution

Str should give armor% or even flat armor, and I can’t think of an equal to accuracy and mana in str tree so I guess IPD works without adding a new mechanic to the game.

Agree that Str should give Armor%, bring it in line with the other stats. As for the offensive part, what about giving it critical chance or critical multiplier, perhaps even melee only? Still a damage increase but not direct damage, and raising critical bonuses for Str characters would make RT more of an intersting choice.
I have said my things earlier regarding the feedback, well written, with some very good suggestions.

The quote below scares the shit out of me. I currently run around entry-level maps with my 2H melee duelist with a great success. Only thing that can endanger him in normal content are multiprojectile dogs with boss on roids in Docks. I only sport 3.3k HP and often run close to 3K due to putting some IIQ/IIR on.

It's like I want to scream, "Need moar charges!" (endurance charges)

"
VictorDoom wrote:
... map bosses in 70+ maps, the damage is just too big for a melee with 4-5k life to kill them, do all melees need kaoms heart now or what? even with 8k bleeding life you can still die to a few hits from a vaal laser or gravicus fire storm, the damage is just mental.
more ppl need to read this thread. It's a good one. Thx Moosifer :)
Not an approach I would have thought of, but I really appreciate the idea of making armour to actually work, and then skewing life away from marauder and towards ranger.

On the note of making armour work, why not add 1% flat mitigation per N armour (500-1000? Don't really know what a reasonable amount of armour is 20k? If so then 20-40% flat mitigation at that level seems reasonable), and reduce the scalar mitigation from the armour formula to be roughly equal mitigation versus common mobs. Then reduce the flat mitigation from endurance charges so they're less mandatory, and not totally op with the inherent armour mitigation.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
Nice feedback, especially the following points:

1. Better (more diversity) melee active skills. Making cleave, sweep as supporting skills is a very good idea. Range has LMP/GMP/fork/chain to make whatever is a single target range attack to a AOE. Melee should be able to do the same. And melee needs help in general.

2. Two level gap for maps and make them bigger. This will possibly help out the current map system w/o adjusting the drop rates.

But I think most of the feedback won't or cannot be taken seriously by GGG, since there is no more character wipe. Even small changes can cause big drama since it is permanent ... It is too late to make big/fundamental changes.
Just posting to let people know the feedback has been read and discussed, and certainly will make an impact on future changes.

And, yes, this is yet another "not long winded" post.

We will try give a more full reply in time. Currently there is a lot of work going on in the office on 0.10.5, as we need to have it ready early.

"
Qarl wrote:
Just posting to let people know the feedback has been read and discussed, and certainly will make an impact on future changes.

And, yes, this is yet another "not long winded" post.

We will try give a more full reply in time. Currently there is a lot of work going on in the office on 0.10.5, as we need to have it ready early.

Please have more 1 line post in other random post more often. This feels like GGG all the sudden care because OP is one of those 24/7ers. And you are ignoring the rest of casual guys.
IGN QTCRZ

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info