Comprehensive feedback

"
Undon3 wrote:
Most of it is great feedback, your frustration is justified in many places. I have nothing to say but:

There are a lot of symptoms listed here. Most Alphas/Supporters go in GREAT theorycrafting detail with bandaid solutions for fixing these symptoms.

Yet, none has any desire to go down to the ROOT of what causes the symptoms.

That's all... take care.

Uh, what? I'm pretty sure I went to the root with alot of these issues. People complain about EHP they throw more life on the tree. People complain about evasion and IR is there. Most of my suggestions I'm trying to fix what the bandaids came into the help. I think GGG is scared of making huge changes because they get 20-30 page long threads of people bitching about small nerfs, imagine them removing IR how many people will lose their minds. Or moving mara start to ranger, holy shit would people go insane. It's a natural reaction but with all the little changes these things get more cemented in place. The longer they go unaddressed they higher the chance of them never being corrected.

Charan, I didn't mean to not give credit. I know some of the ideas in here are other peoples and I tried to give credit when I had a name. I spend so much time on the boards I read something and just save it in my head. I will say I've been pushing for US and RT to be removed completely for a few months and you turned me on IR. Only when malice made that thread did I think we can actually save them.
Finished 17th in Rampage - Peaked at 11th
Finished 18th in Torment/Bloodline 1mo Race - peaked at 9th
Null's Inclination Build 2.1.0 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1559063
Summon Skeleton 1.3 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1219856
Very good feedback. I agree with all of the pain points listed and I agree with lots of suggestions presented as well, just not all.

My biggest gripe lately is with IIQ/IIR, which again completely overshadow the rest of the gear priorities. I hated Diablo 3 for its focus on MR gear but PoE is no different if not worse.
I have recently turned my attention to melee, a lot of challenge in that area, but despite having great success with my 2H duelist, I realize I would not be able to play it as my first character. I'm losing wealth every moment because I need to keep my gear up to date to survive. I cant afford to have IIQ/IIR on the gear because all mods are dedicated to survival or damage. Lastly, melee character is a joke compared to average ranged player in terms of efficiency.
Lastly, the game is not rewarding enough nor it provides you incentives to keep grinding. The fact experience gains drop so fact past lvl75 in commonly accesible content is very demotivating. It is not all about drops but if you cant even get tiny amount of experience for hours of grinding, it get really boring and dull really fast.

Still, the game is good. Amazing even if you consider who is developing it. On the other hand, you can feel that amateurish touch to it with things being out of place for very long.

I have supported the game in CB but only for a short while. I hope to support the game in the future but for that to happen things must change. I hope they will change for good.
"
Baron01 wrote:
Amazing even if you consider who is developing it.

I hear it's a bunch of hobbits from middle earth.
Null's Inclination Build 2.1.0 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1559063
All of what you've said here makes a lot of sense, and echoes what a lot of other people have been saying and experiencing. You're absolutely right about things getting cemented, and it is concerning.

The core of the game is good, but everything you've pointed out needs an overhaul. GGG must not be afraid to be bold here. I only wish I knew what the devs honestly felt about all this and what they were planning on doing, because they've been pretty quiet about it.
"
All of what you've said here makes a lot of sense, and echoes what a lot of other people have been saying and experiencing. You're absolutely right about things getting cemented, and it is concerning.

The core of the game is good, but everything you've pointed out needs an overhaul. GGG must not be afraid to be bold here. I only wish I knew what the devs honestly felt about all this and what they were planning on doing, because they've been pretty quiet about it.

That's why try not to have many threads like this or bitch when something is really driving me insane. I try to point out things I feel they might be overlooking. I don't really know their vision but when I started playing until now things have become more restrictive and similar (ES being the big one). I really hope this reaches them and they start going back to opening up options and making similar mechanics function differently for different builds.
Good feedback, we've discussed a lot of this stuff in the past, even if we don't always recall.

"

I think the devs would alienate a lot of players simply by saying things, I think they know this too. Reactionary people, or even single-minded players (like me) don't respond well to something that could be interpreted as negative, sometimes justified, sometimes not.
Very nice critical and constructive feed back Moosifer.
Amazing feedback! Hope the devs have thoughts in the same direction.
By far the biggest sign that they've been straying from their vision is the skill tree.

I have no idea why 4 starting areas was considered "too complicated" when in reality it simply had a steeper learning curve than most games... which is what i thought GGG wanted. It is IMPOSSIBLE to have variety if you do not want a steep learning curve, because increasing the variety in possible builds DIRECTLY INCREASES the learning curve.

Note: The learning CIELING is increased much more than the learning curve is, as long as there are still obvious choices for builds, however do not force EVERYBODY to go down these paths like you've been consistently doing for the past few months.

The current skill tree is so ridiculously restrictive, and forces you into the same builds.

I'm not saying the old skill tree was necessarily better, as i don't really remember it that much anymore, but having 4 starting positions and offering substantially more freedom was the right choice. Lowering it to two very basic, cookie-cutter encouraging start points was literally the worst possible change they could have made to what was originally the biggest mindblow of the game.
Last edited by Xendran on Mar 19, 2013, 5:55:57 AM
"
Xendran wrote:
By far the biggest sign that they've been straying from their vision is the skill tree.

I have no idea why 4 starting areas was considered "too complicated" when in reality it simply had a steeper learning curve than most games... which is what i thought GGG wanted. The current skill tree is so ridiculously restrictive, and forces you into the same builds.

I'm not saying the old skill tree was necessarily better, as i don't really remember it that much anymore, but having 4 starting positions and offering substantially more freedom was the right choice. Lowering it to two very basic, cookie-cutter encouraging start points was literally the worst possible change they could have made to what was originally the biggest mindblow of the game.

Absolutely agree, the first time I saw the 2 paths I facepalmed pretty hard, bruising even.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info