Comprehensive feedback

I think

Spoiler

wasn't a D Problem it was a problem that we rolled 3 mods which make Turbo like a one shot festival for CI. Somehow you ended up right between 2 lmp icespears and you got instantly frozen killed.

Cold Double Merv and 3 Frenzies even on the screen are traces from mervs cold snaps.

Damn I want that kind of race back. Chris doesn't even got the balls to create a parallel 1 week Turbo :(

Go to sleep, go to work, come back check ranking. I gained 20 ranks, that was just hilarious.

Not to mention how the easiest bosses could overpower you.

You know i agree with that shit moosifer, unfotunately as you have seen weve been whinning and bitching in CB to fix or change stuff, nothing happened.. as you said once OB came and even more people starting raising the same problems, they started changing them and started fixing stuff we wanted fixed and changed in CB, maybe this will continue, i know i havent logged in a long time since i have a lot of RL shit to do and ive also just been on forums but i do hope you dont go ghost on us mate.

I have been sort of bummed out by the game just like moosi in OB, havent really had the same pleasure in playing it as i had in CB..

I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
https://www.facebook.com/victorseicheart/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Highest level char in Closed Beta, Wytchfindergeneral
Last edited by VictorDoom on Mar 19, 2013, 4:46:50 PM
"
VictorDoom wrote:
You know i agree with that shit moosifer, unfotunately as you have seen weve been whinning and bitching in CB to fix or change stuff, nothing happened.

I'm still waiting for certain people to post in this topic something alone the lines of "I enjoy QQ salty tears" memes and so on, or "Be a man and suck it up and continue like ALL of us do".

Because, well, even slightly negative feedback is QQ/whining (you are unhappy with how some game systems work, yes?), and there's this class of people jumping on topics like this with "OMG you want to make the game easier".

Also, free bump...
placeholder for creative sig
Last edited by Undon3 on Mar 19, 2013, 4:44:47 PM
Here'/ the difference undon. This is actual feedback. Not a QQ post. There is no rage quitting, or anything. It's simply feedback.

I will post a longer summation in a little while, just got off work and saw this thread on my phone.
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
Here'/ the difference undon. This is actual feedback. Not a QQ post. There is no rage quitting, or anything. It's simply feedback.

I will post a longer summation in a little while, just got off work and saw this thread on my phone.

Nah. If I wanted to make the effort, I could post links to lots of topics getting shut down here, maybe not as detailed as Moosifer's, but still with valid feedback. And they weren't even "I quit" topics (I believe this topic got a make over :) from it's initial "I quit" state?). Mods had to intervene many times to "defend" the valid feedback from all kinds of "take it like a man" and "go back to D3" attempts to shut it down.

It's just that a certain status gives you certain rights, which I kind of agree with, and also makes you all kinds of "fans" in the forums, that enjoy themselves in "agreeing" with you.

No more derailing ;) Also, another free bump, since it seems to be desirable.
"
VictorDoom wrote:
You know i agree with that shit moosifer, unfotunately as you have seen weve been whinning and bitching in CB to fix or change stuff, nothing happened.. as you said once OB came and even more people starting raising the same problems, they started changing them and started fixing stuff we wanted fixed and changed in CB, maybe this will continue, i know i havent logged in a long time since i have a lot of RL shit to do and ive also just been on forums but i do hope you dont go ghost on us mate.

I have been sort of bummed out by the game just like moosi in OB, havent really had the same pleasure in playing it as i had in CB..

Just like my last time quitting when I gave everything away I made it 12 hours this time. Then I realize I have no life, no friends and nothing to do. It's POE or netflix so I'm logged on right now.

I guess the conclusion I have at this time is I'm not bothering with new builds because the diversity is so limited and I've done all the general outlines besides ranger shit (which a guy who's favorite class is duelist and he won't play ranger because he feels it's weak probably means it needs some major lovin).

I'm really just playing out of habit and a lack of social life (and lack of another game to play, I'm too fucking picky, congrats GGG for keeping me this long). I hope I can hunt down a dev and maybe see how they feel about what I've said but those guys seem invisible lately. None of them are very long winded either.
Finished 17th in Rampage - Peaked at 11th
Finished 18th in Torment/Bloodline 1mo Race - peaked at 9th
Null's Inclination Build 2.1.0 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1559063
Summon Skeleton 1.3 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1219856
"
Undon3 wrote:
Nah. If I wanted to make the effort, I could post links to lots of topics getting shut down here, maybe not as detailed as Moosifer's, but still with valid feedback. And they weren't even "I quit" topics (I believe this topic got a make over :) from it's initial "I quit" state?). Mods had to intervene many times to "defend" the valid feedback from all kinds of "take it like a man" and "go back to D3" attempts to shut it down.

It's just that a certain status gives you certain rights, which I kind of agree with, and also makes you all kinds of "fans" in the forums, that enjoy themselves in "agreeing" with you.

No, I watch all the threads that get locked. I enjoy it and imagine myself standing behind charan pointing at the OP and laughing over charan's shoulder.

The reason those threads are locked is because they bring up issues that have been rehashed sometimes more than once in a day and the previous thread hasn't even died yet. Also it's a vague "this sucks" type thread. I purposely tried to keep my "problem" sections short and give solutions that could work. I had no intention of the thread just being a "I hate GGG and here's why." I want the game to improve, I want build diversity and I want the map system to work. I just hope this is can help the devs get back on the right track. People actually asking for what they set out to do rather than bitching about loot, desync, respecs or whatever else is popular today.
Null's Inclination Build 2.1.0 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1559063
"
Moosifer wrote:
"
Undon3 wrote:

No, I watch all the threads that get locked. I enjoy it and imagine myself standing behind charan pointing at the OP and laughing over charan's shoulder.

The reason those threads are locked is because they bring up issues that have been rehashed sometimes more than once in a day and the previous thread hasn't even died yet. Also it's a vague "this sucks" type thread. I purposely tried to keep my "problem" sections short and give solutions that could work. I had no intention of the thread just being a "I hate GGG and here's why." I want the game to improve, I want build diversity and I want the map system to work. I just hope this is can help the devs get back on the right track. People actually asking for what they set out to do rather than bitching about loot, desync, respecs or whatever else is popular today.

No way. You just "bitched", with the additional "I quit" flavour (which always gets locked around here...) on top of everything, quite a lot - about in-game systems that affect you. When others "bitch" about game systems that happen to affect them, but not you - it's no longer valid. You seem like a very rational and intelligent person, you will certainly see where I'm coming from.

Also, you have my promise it's the last time I'm posting about this in your topic. I don't want it to look like its a personal attack or something, it's not. Things are many times unfair, and that's the situation. I hope you get to talk with a dev, but with you returning to the game after but a day, your feedback losses much of its gravity.
I don't want it to have gravity because I'm a name and quitting. I want it to be important because they are things wrong with the game, things that are limiting. I don't want to be a martyr at all.

I took two days off the game because I finally had enough. It was easy when I had work so I could just do something else while there. Today is my day off, without a social life (and it being a tuesday) I'm left with nothing to do so I go back to what I've been spending my time on.

I still think there's a huge difference between bringing up solutions and just telling GGG "fix it."
One of the few legitimate feed back post. That didnt whine about RNG, fusing mechanic and map drop rate.

I will have to post more in the thread.

Right now, Just want to give my 2 cents on

"
Melee

Melee sucks balls right now for many reasons.

Problems

- Doesn’t do the same effective damage. Even if you are able to get 20-30k dps on your AOE as melee, you still need to close the gap, attack limited ranged, readjust until everything is dead then repeat for next pack. A ranged character with 5k DPS aims to the right and kills the majority of things before melee can close the gap.

- All melee builds are very similar. They are depressingly similar. First thing is you need 20-30 life passives, most important thing so you have to plan the quickest routes to each life circle you are going to get. Then figure out what you can get along those paths that help your build out. Duelist means you are heading to mara or north. Mara heads to templar start and down to duelist. Templar heads to mara start and between witch/shadow for that fitness. (I’ve never made a ranger). These builds all end up in the same spots with small variation.

- Doesn’t end there, skills are the same too. Cyclone is a step in the right direction but what is a physical melee user linking to it, lets just guess randomly and say added melee damage, added fire damage, faster attacks then for the 5th/6th link they can select from life leech, concentrated effect, increased aoe or maybe a fun elemental damage gem like quality added lighting/cold. Sounds familiar right? That’s because those are the same gems you will use with GS, sweep and cleave, all the melee aoes. Oh, take conc effect/IAOE out and those are the supports you’ll use for almost every single melee skill, single target or AOE.

These new skills are fun and all but look at the options projectile users have. They have skills that are AOEs alone like ice shot, PA, LA, freezing pulse, fireball. Then they add LMP/GMP making a single target into an aoe or their aoe into an even larger one. Then they add fork/chain to make it hit even more targets. There’s no interesting melee gems like this, ones that make the skills work differently/better.

- Melee has no advantage over ranged (but the opposite isn’t true). A range character has the safety of being away from combat and killing things. It also has the advantage of being able to be build with melee EHP. Leech only working through physical damage is kinda a gap here but damage being what it is at this point everyone has a life leech gem on their main (or don’t care about staying alive).

Solutions

Give melee certain advantages and add much more diversity

- Add more gap closing skills, ones where you have control and they move quick. Whirling blades is awesome for most 1h/DW builds. Leap slam is good too. Flicker strike is disorientating and lightning warp isn’t good for this. 1-2 more gap closing abilities could do wonders for general gameplay, PVP or PVE.
- I’ll talk about keystones later, but more build defining keystones. I’ll also talk about life later but if that’s the route we are going then let’s not be half assed about it. Put better life nodes in more places. If someone is investing 20-30 nodes in life then make it so they can travel any direction and get them. I don’t like having so much life but a node out of the way would be more appealing if I knew I can get the same life going that direction than if I go away from it.

- Cleave, sweep, GS and lightning strike should be SUPPORT skills. I know this is a little strange but have them work off shit like heavy strike or dual strike. Limit what they can be used with and how they function and everything. Ice shot for example has no added damage effectiveness but add LMP to it and it then has 70% of it’s effectiveness. Do the same thing with heavy strike and infernal blow. Lower their damage effectiveness (possibly to just 100%) then when you add cleave to say dual strike, it takes it down to 70%. This gives options to builds. Say I want an infernal blow GSer. I link the two, it will do less damage than single target but I can stack fire damage and have a very effective AOE that’s truly different from a GS build or an infernal blow build. Also when adding these new skills I can have 4-5 options on how to make them different rather than having a different skill, with the same supports and almost the exact same build.

- Give melee a EHP that’s strictly for them. This can be done a few different ways. Either having melee damage + leech (just leech, regardless if physical or elemental, only thing that matters is it’s from melee damage). Melee damage + life, unless the life is ridiculous, no ranged character will feel the need to get a melee/life node when there are life nodes elsewhere. DR when in melee range. Someone had a good suggestion a while back (sorry for not giving you credit who ever you are) which was a keystone which gives DR but lowers ranged damage. It could work similar to point blank but rather than scaling damage up or down it scales DR. Then maybe another keystone that gives flat evasion when using melee weapons. There’s plenty of options here it just takes testing and balancing to make them backbones of melee. I don’t think they should be free keystones but I do think we need something.

Absolutely love the idea of turning some skills into support. Imaging link viper strike with double strike and cleave, viper strike with whirling blade or leap slam with Lightning strike. It would create a lot of new interesting builds and different play style. Oh and give wand a couple more usable skills. Its even worse than melee, every wander is power siphon.
IGN QTCRZ

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info