[Archived] Moosseolini's Holy Relics Guardian

"
thenecrom wrote:
Hello there and thanks for the amazing build.

I have been thinking on alternatives for the build, specifically to better support the Herald of Purity 6 link chest.

Any tips on how to support it?

Would Sion or Necro be a better alternative, or is the old man still the top dog in this case?

PS: Also warning about the Exalted skin, it really seens to slow down the nova casting time

I'm going to assume that you want to support Herald of Purity with a 6-link using the highest damage supports. I'm also going to assume you don't want to lose too many auras to do this.

Here's a list of changes I would make:
1) Enchant Geofri's Legacy with "Herald of Purity has 30% reduced mana reservation".
2) Change one of your rare rings for a Circle of Guilt with "Herald of Purity has 20% reduced mana reservation". Use fertile catalysts to increase this to 24%.
3) Remove Zealotry and replace it with either Aspect of the Spider or Flesh and Stone.
4) Un-skill all passive points below Resolute Technique. Path towards the Discord Artisan cluster, taking the reduced mana reservation nodes. Put spare points into un-filled "increased maximum life" points.
5) Anoint your amulet with "Charisma".
6) At this point you may have more than enough mana reserved to run Herald of Purity with practically any support gems. If this is the case, try to get another one of either 'Aspect of the Spider' or 'Flesh and Stone'.

This is a little bit overkill in terms of mana reservation but now we should be able to run the herald with whatever supports we like. If this is too complicated, then a simple fix would involve removing Zealotry and just running 'The Coming Calamity' unique chest.

The choice of ascendancy will be mostly preference between Necromancer and Guardian. I think Ascendant doesn't offer enough to be considered (though you are of course welcome to try).

PoB: https://pastebin.com/NsSa7wPg
Looks like the build is pretty much untouched in 3.14. Will probably league start with it again.
"
Moosseolini wrote:
"
thenecrom wrote:
Hello there and thanks for the amazing build.

I have been thinking on alternatives for the build, specifically to better support the Herald of Purity 6 link chest.

Any tips on how to support it?

Would Sion or Necro be a better alternative, or is the old man still the top dog in this case?

PS: Also warning about the Exalted skin, it really seens to slow down the nova casting time

I'm going to assume that you want to support Herald of Purity with a 6-link using the highest damage supports. I'm also going to assume you don't want to lose too many auras to do this.

Here's a list of changes I would make:
1) Enchant Geofri's Legacy with "Herald of Purity has 30% reduced mana reservation".
2) Change one of your rare rings for a Circle of Guilt with "Herald of Purity has 20% reduced mana reservation". Use fertile catalysts to increase this to 24%.
3) Remove Zealotry and replace it with either Aspect of the Spider or Flesh and Stone.
4) Un-skill all passive points below Resolute Technique. Path towards the Discord Artisan cluster, taking the reduced mana reservation nodes. Put spare points into un-filled "increased maximum life" points.
5) Anoint your amulet with "Charisma".
6) At this point you may have more than enough mana reserved to run Herald of Purity with practically any support gems. If this is the case, try to get another one of either 'Aspect of the Spider' or 'Flesh and Stone'.

This is a little bit overkill in terms of mana reservation but now we should be able to run the herald with whatever supports we like. If this is too complicated, then a simple fix would involve removing Zealotry and just running 'The Coming Calamity' unique chest.

The choice of ascendancy will be mostly preference between Necromancer and Guardian. I think Ascendant doesn't offer enough to be considered (though you are of course welcome to try).

PoB: https://pastebin.com/NsSa7wPg

I cannot thank you enough. I LOVED this build, and will be my solo character this league, I just wanted to fit in HoP, because I managed to get its Despair skin and liked how it looked.

One last question, Enduring Cry is a bad choice with HoP, or just leave it as castable skill?
Last edited by thenecrom on Apr 13, 2021, 10:28:53 PM
"
thenecrom wrote:
One last question, Enduring Cry is a bad choice with HoP, or just leave it as castable skill?

Enduring Cry can be used, but it is a bit clunky to use without Call to Arms, which is now too far away to be taken in the PoB I sent you. It is up to you.
Last edited by Moosseolini on Apr 14, 2021, 6:38:30 AM
Edit: Nevermind.
Last edited by Hallu123 on Apr 14, 2021, 6:38:43 AM
I wanted to explain the build changes a bit, but I also didn't want to take up too much space in the build guide, so I decided to do it in a comment here.

Finding ways to get life recovery for a minion build is surprisingly difficult!

A normal spell/attack build would simply be able to throw in a single leech node on the tree and it would be enough to give them 20% life recovery from leech per second. Unfortunately, our attack skills do not deal enough damage to leech very much. There is also no ways to make our minions leech life to us currently; there simply isn't a unique item which allows any minions to leech life to us.

Okay, so if we can't leech, maybe we can just get life recovery on kill? Nope! That doesn't work either! Our relics are doing all of the killing, which means we never kill, which means we never recover life on kill. Regular builds could just slap a Cinderswallow Urn into their build and enjoy the great regen it provides, but we can't.

Right, so what about any other meaningful sources? Eternal Youth keystone doesn't work because we're constantly getting hit. Agnostic keystone doesn't work as we reserve all our mana. Life gain on hit is okay, but we really don't get that much regen out of it, especially for single targets. We can't get life flask charges from crits because we don't crit, and sources of passive generation are too slow to sustain flasks. We don't use warcries often enough to make good use of Enduring Cry and the Escalation notable.

After trying all of this, it looked like life regen was the only way to go to consistently recover our life. I decided not to take some sources of life regen which happen every few seconds as I wanted the regen to be constant. If you're still unhappy with the life regeneration rate, consider using the Surging Vitality cluster notable, or the Body Armour (Hunter) mod which does the same thing.

We got a decent amount in the end, but the budget of the build certainly increases to get there.

The build still has some issues, but those can be tackled another day...

- Fixed a bug where the Exalted Holy Relic microtransaction had a slightly longer cooldown than intended on its Nova skill.

yasss
How do you feel about jewel mod *Minions Leech #% of Damage as Life*? If I understand correctly, Holy relic deal phys dmg and it's a minion, so through this mod is should sustain itself. Or, am I wrong?
Last edited by Khadrael on Apr 16, 2021, 4:23:39 PM
"
Khadrael wrote:
How do you feel about jewel mod *Minions Leech #% of Damage as Life*? If I understand correctly, Holy relic deal phys dmg and it's a minion, so through this mod is should sustain itself. Or, am I wrong?

You are correct. The relic will sustain itself with this jewel mod. However, we already get this modifier from the Feasting Fiends cluster notable. We can also get it on the passive tree as a small node.
am i a full pepega? i cant seem to figure out how you get a second holy relic like i saw in one of the videos.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info