[Archived] Moosseolini's Holy Relics Guardian

I started this character some patches ago and liked it a lot. Glad to see that you have updated it to 3.12.

One question came to my mind, though, when I looked at the new skill-tree you provided: Is this build viable without any cluster jewels?
I don't think that I have any of the suggested ones. I never trade and crafting them is a nuissance I would rather avoid.

My impression is that there are less block nodes in the new skill-tree, compared to the older skill-trtee I knew... How is the survivability of this build? Is Rumi's enough?

Thank you very much for the guide!

PS: I don't have Glorious vanity, either... is it necessary for this build?
Overwhelmed by Path of Exile? You might want to have a look at Wrecker_of_Days' beginner-friendly guides. One-click-wonders that do not require any specific items to conquer the campaign and the Atlas: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2606288/page/1
Last edited by Caligula_Exile on Oct 5, 2020, 6:59:45 AM
"
I started this character some patches ago and liked it a lot. Glad to see that you have updated it to 3.12.

One question came to my mind, though, when I looked at the new skill-tree you provided: Is this build viable without any cluster jewels?
I don't think that I have any of the suggested ones. I never trade and crafting them is a nuissance I would rather avoid.

My impression is that there are less block nodes in the new skill-tree, compared to the older skill-trtee I knew... How is the survivability of this build? Is Rumi's enough?

Of course the build is viable without any cluster jewels. The end-game tree is simply trying to push the build as far as reasonably possible.

You should do very well with just the early mapping setup and tree. No glorious vanity required. Block chance is lower than before due to not taking Glancing Blows, but we have higher average damage reduction due to block in Heist than we did in Harvest.
Last edited by Moosseolini on Oct 5, 2020, 5:11:47 PM
"
Moosseolini wrote:
Spoiler
"

Of course the build is viable without any cluster jewels. The end-game tree is simply trying to push the build as far as reasonably possible.

You should do very well with just the early mapping setup and tree. No glorious vanity required. Block chance is lower than before due to not taking Glancing Blows, but we have higher average damage reduction due to block in Heist than we did in Harvest.

Thank you very much for your answer! I am looking forward to reactivate this character, now that I know, that it still works, even with just the gear I can give him.

I had a look at the cluster jewels that were lying around in my stash (I usually ignore them).

Do you think this one is worth using it? It has at least 2 of the things that you suggested in the gear section.

If you want to have a look at my character's gear - here he is, Baphomet's Fluch.

One last question: Does the minions' life leech from "Fiesting Fiends" work, although they use a spell to attack?
Overwhelmed by Path of Exile? You might want to have a look at Wrecker_of_Days' beginner-friendly guides. One-click-wonders that do not require any specific items to conquer the campaign and the Atlas: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2606288/page/1
Hi guys, a quick and noob question, Holy relics doesnt active impale right ?
"
Jhonegao wrote:

The short answer is no. Let me explain.

Almost all sources of impale say 'impale enemies on hit with attacks'. Holy relics hit using a spell, so we can't use any of these sources because we can't activate them.

The exception to this rule is the Impale support gem, which simply grants impale on hit. Sadly, this support gem can only support attack skills, which means it effectively only grants impale for attacks.

If any sources of impale are added in the future that can apply to spells, the nova skill of the Holy Relics will be able to impale.
"

Thank you very much for your answer! I am looking forward to reactivate this character, now that I know, that it still works, even with just the gear I can give him.

I had a look at the cluster jewels that were lying around in my stash (I usually ignore them).

Do you think this one is worth using it? It has at least 2 of the things that you suggested in the gear section.

If you want to have a look at my character's gear - here he is, Baphomet's Fluch.

One last question: Does the minions' life leech from "Fiesting Fiends" work, although they use a spell to attack?

The life leech from Feasting Fiends reads 'Minions leech 0.4% of damage as life'. This means that the minions will leech 0.4% damage they deal to themselves, as leech applies on hit (spell or attack).

Simply put; yes.
Last edited by Moosseolini on Oct 6, 2020, 8:01:19 PM
"
Moosseolini wrote:
"
Jhonegao wrote:

The short answer is no. Let me explain.

Almost all sources of impale say 'impale enemies on hit with attacks'. Holy relics hit using a spell, so we can't use any of these sources because we can't activate them.

The exception to this rule is the Impale support gem, which simply grants impale on hit. Sadly, this support gem can only support attack skills, which means it effectively only grants impale for attacks.

If any sources of impale are added in the future that can apply to spells, the nova skill of the Holy Relics will be able to impale.

Thanks man.

Another question, that is personal. I'm tryng to do my best with that build, but my damge still lower, and i had some trouble with bosses like Drox and Minotaur(minotaur i've failed 2 times already, drox only tame much time).
Can you help me with that? my profile is public also if wanna check, but the POB is right there below
https://pastebin.com/pFJgTgxR
I know i'm 6 levels under, and i had 1 less cluster, but i have some good itens.. i was expectin more, i`m doing something worng? i not sure if your dmg is correct on pop
Glad.
do you use the default quality holy relic? But divergent is OP?
👀
"
denhol wrote:
do you use the default quality holy relic? But divergent is OP?

There's a little bit of messing around required with the activation setups to make proper use of divergent Summon Holy Relic. There are also other useful qualities which don't provide damage but make up in utility.

I would say you should use whatever you like more. I personally like having big AoE on the nova from the relics.
Any sugest to my POB ? instead animated guardian or even spectres ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info