[Archived] Moosseolini's Holy Relics Guardian

"

I purchased this staff for 5 chaos. It already has +1 to level of socketed gem and on top of that it has 27% increased attack speed (this should help make static strike feel smoother) and an open suffex. I just need to use Harvest craft to remove "+2 to level of socketed fire gems" (I think I can do that by selecting "Remove a random Fire modifier from an item", right????) so that I can have two open prefixes. PogChamp!

That's a good staff, but remember that we want both two prefixes open and a suffix to craft all of 'Can have up to 3 crafted modifiers', '+2 to level of socketed support gems', and 'Minions deal % increased damage'. Maybe there are harvest crafts that can help you remove chaos modifiers too?
Last edited by Moosseolini on Jun 23, 2020, 9:15:08 AM
"
Yelanah1992 wrote:
Am i just missing something or why would you even go for using enduring cry?
Rallying is giving a total amount of your attack dmg of your main hand weapon to ur minions, which is physical dmg. mitigation should be gained quiet a lot from tree itself.
for me rallying cry with increased duration seems to be the way to go, still no idea how to get a good 5-6link with flame dash connected into chest might give the biggest potential.

I think rallying cry only gives added attack damage, meanwhile our relics deal damage with spells.
"
Pheu wrote:
Hello! Trying this build, from your videos seems very fun!

I have 2 questions:

1 -
"
When using static strike while wearing Geofri's Legacy, make sure that the beam frequency is equal to your nova cooldown. You will have to be careful about how many levels your static strike gem has. For a Geofri's Legacy with 20% reduced cooldown recovery speed, use a level 7 static strike gem. For 25% reduced cooldown recovery, use a level 1 static strike.

I don't understand well this part. How much attack speed do I need for proper relic activation, and why? How do I know what level I need static strike with different cd reduction on Geofri? It's something I can balance even when leveling up? Lvling up is not feeling super smooth.

2 - Is this build dps all about a 15 ex staff in the end?

Check the Notes in PoB, you should see what level of static strike you should be using depending on the rolls on Geofri's Legacy. We've all found out that the changes to static strike this league make it pretty bad to level with, so consider switching to cyclone.

The staff doesn't have to cost that much, but it is a sizeable investment of at least 2ex. Following the crafting guide, you should hit '+1 to level of socketed gems' pretty often. Then, you just craft '+2 to level of socketed support gems'. Along with Empower lvl3 instead of Meat Shield, this should be good enough to do some of the toughest content.
Last edited by Moosseolini on Jun 23, 2020, 8:03:38 AM
Hi all! i think about chest, is kaoms heart 500 hp really that good? i pref 2k armour and curse on hit + riposte + enfeeble, and for head gems - do we really need that zealotry? i have herald of purity and +onslaught - is it better? and one more - riposte also trigger my relic nova - that bad or good? Thx for answers, very good and detailed guide, like to play this char)
Last edited by Huzur on Jun 23, 2020, 10:07:42 AM
hello again,
so i am done with my league starter and ready to jump into this build finally, i made about 10ex so far with ed/contagion league starter, so i been reading everyones posts and it looks like static stirke is still not a good option even after the changes? or is it just bad for leveling and static strike feels good once you get attack speed on your staff? i really dont like playing this build with cyclone, i dont know why but im really not a cyclone fan, i mean if i have to use it to level with i can but i would really prefer to hit with static strike and zoom through the map. let me know your thoughts. also how is the damage and defense feel on the build now? still feel just as good as before?

hope to hear from you soon
"
Moosseolini wrote:
"
I'm looking at the POB and we have Enigmatic Defence allocated but not the small passives leading to it. Is that an error?

Also, if the Holy Relic deals physical damage, what is the significance of using scepters?

The sceptres can roll '+1 to level of all spell skill gems' which really helps the relics. They also require strength and intelligence to use, so we don't have to search for attributes on our gear.

You could also use rune daggers, but then you'd have to invest into dexterity. I haven't tried a staff with '+2 to level of all spell skill gems' but that mod seems rare, and we'd rather save currency for a better staff.

So I've been having issues finding this mod via alt spam. Only just hit maps, should I just find something with a faster attack speed if the other stats dont matter? I run into am issue where I run up to a pack and am stun locked / my static strike gets interrupted before I can get it off even once and I die.
"
Moosseolini wrote:
"

I purchased this staff for 5 chaos. It already has +1 to level of socketed gem and on top of that it has 27% increased attack speed (this should help make static strike feel smoother) and an open suffex. I just need to use Harvest craft to remove "+2 to level of socketed fire gems" (I think I can do that by selecting "Remove a random Fire modifier from an item", right????) so that I can have two open prefixes. PogChamp!

That's a good staff, but remember that we want both two prefixes open and a suffix to craft all of 'Can have up to 3 crafted modifiers', '+2 to level of socketed support gems', and 'Minions deal % increased damage'. Maybe there are harvest crafts that can help you remove chaos modifiers too?

The staff only has two suffix. Chaos damage + attack speed is a hybrid suffix, and crit chance is the second suffix
"
Huzur wrote:
Hi all! i think about chest, is kaoms heart 500 hp really that good? i pref 2k armour and curse on hit + riposte + enfeeble, and for head gems - do we really need that zealotry? i have herald of purity and +onslaught - is it better? and one more - riposte also trigger my relic nova - that bad or good? Thx for answers, very good and detailed guide, like to play this char)

You don't have to follow the guide perfectly, the build should be flexible enough to accommodate your preferences.

Try some of the things you mentioned out and see how they perform. Then, adjust accordingly.
"
hello again,
so i am done with my league starter and ready to jump into this build finally, i made about 10ex so far with ed/contagion league starter, so i been reading everyones posts and it looks like static stirke is still not a good option even after the changes? or is it just bad for leveling and static strike feels good once you get attack speed on your staff? i really dont like playing this build with cyclone, i dont know why but im really not a cyclone fan, i mean if i have to use it to level with i can but i would really prefer to hit with static strike and zoom through the map. let me know your thoughts. also how is the damage and defense feel on the build now? still feel just as good as before?

hope to hear from you soon

Static strike feels pretty bad to level with now due to the changes. It gets better with increased duration support and high attack speed. Levelling with cyclone might be better now.

We don't quite get back to the same clearspeed as in the 3.9 videos, as we have to stop to attack enemies twice as often. Relics also proc slower due to the Delirium changes so damage is lower compared to Metamorph too. However, with Glancing Blows added to the tree, and the staff implicit changes, we are now much tankier.
"
"
Moosseolini wrote:
"
I'm looking at the POB and we have Enigmatic Defence allocated but not the small passives leading to it. Is that an error?

Also, if the Holy Relic deals physical damage, what is the significance of using scepters?

The sceptres can roll '+1 to level of all spell skill gems' which really helps the relics. They also require strength and intelligence to use, so we don't have to search for attributes on our gear.

You could also use rune daggers, but then you'd have to invest into dexterity. I haven't tried a staff with '+2 to level of all spell skill gems' but that mod seems rare, and we'd rather save currency for a better staff.

So I've been having issues finding this mod via alt spam. Only just hit maps, should I just find something with a faster attack speed if the other stats dont matter? I run into am issue where I run up to a pack and am stun locked / my static strike gets interrupted before I can get it off even once and I die.

The mod has a really low chance to roll. In regular softcore, will be much cheaper to just find one on the market with that mod. If you are playing in SSF, it may be more effective to go straight for a '+1 to socketed gems' warstaff, or even a '+2 to level of all spell skill gems' staff.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info