[Archived] Moosseolini's Holy Relics Guardian

So wouldn't trading one of the auras for Herald of Purity be worth it to keep the onslaught from Radiant Crusade?

Because it needs 5 allies to be nearby.

I mean it's only the 20 MS one would benefit from, I am aware.
"
dabsch wrote:
So wouldn't trading one of the auras for Herald of Purity be worth it to keep the onslaught from Radiant Crusade?

Because it needs 5 allies to be nearby.

I mean it's only the 20 MS one would benefit from, I am aware.

That's the idea behind the Commandment of the Grave enchantment on the gloves. Because it summons 3 minions whenever our minions kill, we conditionally trigger the onslaught from Radiant Crusade. That being said, we're not going to have onslaught up for bosses with this method.

You can experiment with different setups if you want the onslaught buff permanently, but it doesn't seem worth it to me for the investment required, considering we're only really getting movement speed from the buff.
I was checking out this build and I have a question about static strike. If I understand correctly, the holy relic triggers when you attack with something, wouldn't it be better to get a bow and a quiver (for the added stats from the quiver) and trigger the relics with a ranged attack ?
"
medwannabe wrote:
I was checking out this build and I have a question about static strike. If I understand correctly, the holy relic triggers when you attack with something, wouldn't it be better to get a bow and a quiver (for the added stats from the quiver) and trigger the relics with a ranged attack ?

I thought about doing that, but there weren't any ranged attacks I could think of that function as well as Static Strike does (requires little maintenance to continue hitting while triggering the relics as their nova cooldown finishes). In addition, the relics will hug your character most of the time, meaning that you still have to get up close so that their AoE can reach enemies.
Another thing that maybe you can help me with; do you know the holy relic damage type or amount? The wiki doesn't say anything but I see that you stack phys. How would some ele conversion work with this ? Or any extra elemental ? (e.g. hatred aura giving us phys as extra cold).

As a solution for relics hugging you, feeding frenzy support should make the relics more aggressive, maybe that's something that can work with the bow approach. Also, a mirage archer support + any ranged skill should mimic the static strike effect but with higher range.

Lastly, no carrion golem ? You can squeeze one in the cwdt setup for more dps.
Last edited by medwannabe on Jan 6, 2020, 9:37:11 AM
"
medwannabe wrote:
Another thing that maybe you can help me with; do you know the holy relic damage type or amount? The wiki doesn't say anything but I see that you stack phys. How would some ele conversion work with this ? Or any extra elemental ? (e.g. hatred aura giving us phys as extra cold).

As a solution for relics hugging you, feeding frenzy support should make the relics more aggressive, maybe that's something that can work with the bow approach.

Lastly, no carrion golem ? You can squeeze one in the cwdt setup for more dps.

The relics deal pure physical damage by default, "1736 to 2603 at gem level 21" according to the wiki. I can see some conversion shenanigans working, but brutality support is such a huge damage increase that it hurts to lose it. I would still like to see some experimentation with conversion setups though!

Feeding Frenzy is one solution to the relic's default defensive behaviour. It's the only way I can think of to make using bows to trigger the relics a reasonable strategy.

Carrion Golem was included in previous iterations for the build, but it seemed to provide very little damage to the relics after swapping to the end-game setup. I decided to get rid of it so I can swap to Kaom's Heart for huge life.
I just got a crazy idea, is there any way to make the relics work with the new ring astral projector ? Because if they do, that'd be some insane boost to the build QoL and clear. You could just link a ranged attack to a mirage archer, have the holy relics surrounding you and they'd just nova everything from far away.

PS: what wiki shows the dmg type and amount for the holy relic ? I can't find it (e.g. https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Summon_Holy_Relic doesn't show anything about this)
Last edited by medwannabe on Jan 6, 2020, 10:33:28 AM
"
medwannabe wrote:
I just got a crazy idea, is there any way to make the relics work with the new ring astral projector ? Because if they do, that'd be some insane boost to the build QoL and clear. You could just link a ranged attack to a mirage archer, have the holy relics surrounding you and they'd just nova everything from far away.

PS: what wiki shows the dmg type and amount for the holy relic ? I can't find it (e.g. https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Summon_Holy_Relic doesn't show anything about this)

I believe that ring is supposed to work only with spells that have the Nova tag attached to them (like Ice Nova). Summon Holy Relic only has the tags Minion and Spell.

The information about damage is in that link you sent, under the 'Skill functions and interactions' category.

"
Moosseolini wrote:

That's the idea behind the Commandment of the Grave enchantment on the gloves.

I totally overlooked that! Thanks for the reply!

Trying out Guardian for the first time with the Holy Relics because I got the helmet. Pretty smooth so far. Will see if I need the regeneration from the Uberlab perk or go for charge generation for party play.
"
dabsch wrote:

Trying out Guardian for the first time with the Holy Relics because I got the helmet. Pretty smooth so far. Will see if I need the regeneration from the Uberlab perk or go for charge generation for party play.

I would say you shouldn't underestimate the regen, it is very good (saved me very hard in the Awakener Deathless video if you look carefully). If you have a specific plan for your party setup, then I can see charge generation being better.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info