[Archived] Moosseolini's Holy Relics Guardian

Some necros use an interesting setup

- cyclone (can trigger our holy relics)
- Cast while Channelling Support (trigger an active skill)
- Desecrate (create corpses)
- Spirit Offering (both offense and defense for minions)
Minions gain 20% of their Maximum Life as Extra Maximum Energy Shield
Minions gain 29% of their Physical Damage as Extra Chaos Damage
Minions gain 30% to all Elemental Resistances

fortify can be moved to CWDT

Can this setup replace static strike?
Last edited by Geraki2019 on Jan 7, 2020, 8:03:47 AM
"
Geraki2019 wrote:
Some necros use an interesting setup

- cyclone (can trigger our holy relics)
- Cast while Channelling Support (trigger an active skill)
- Desecrate (create corpses)
- Spirit Offering (both offense and defense for minions)
Minions gain 20% of their Maximum Life as Extra Maximum Energy Shield
Minions gain 29% of their Physical Damage as Extra Chaos Damage
Minions gain 30% to all Elemental Resistances

fortify can be moved to CWDT

Can this setup replace static strike?

Yes, this is a suitable setup to replace Static Strike.

More Details
I would still prefer Static Strike to this because now we need to worry about having enough dexterity to use this setup, as well as making sure we're constantly channelling (and able to channel) Cyclone. We also lose a bit of damage with this setup as we have to replace Brutality with something else (for example Meat Shield) so that we are able to benefit from Spirit Offering, and it looked like Brutality still comes out on top when I tried this in PoB. We benefit somewhat from the minion defence that Spirit Offering provides, but out relics hardly ever die, and we can easily re-summon them if they do.

Having said that, I think this is still a strong enough setup to consider using if you'd like. Perhaps it enables some interesting damage conversion possibilities that we wouldn't normally have with Brutality.
Dexterity isn't a problem as you can have low level cyclone/desecrate.

You are right about brutality. Also none of the 3 offerings help us.

I tried cyclone ingame.
Much much much better way to proc holy relic
BUT
when you stop spinning holy relics stop hitting.

Why I am trying to find an alternative to proc relics?
Because I die a lot when trying to hit mobs.
Sometimes I miss sometimes I am to slow.
With cyclone is much easier but you must be always spinning near the boss.

Hi Everyone,

i have some quik questions to the guide. Sorry if some of them seem dumb or if i have overlooked something in the privious posts.

1. If i dont want to use deathmark as support for the relics (extra button to command minions), what can i use instead? Something like added fire damage? If yes, should i add elemental focus too and replace something else to increase fire damage even further?

2. If i dont want to use a staff (dont consider the required changes in the talent ree), what main hand and what off hand (shield) would you prefer and what stats should i look for?

3. Do you know a good way to farm the fated prophecy for the helmet? i play ssf and only got the base helmet so far...

4. What about Skitterbots? Are they worth to consider as an alternative to Zelotery Aura?

tanks in advance
"
Geraki2019 wrote:

I tried cyclone ingame.
BUT

Make sure you are taking Resolute Technique to max out your accuracy really easily. Ancestral Call support also allows us to attack from a slight distance so we don't have to get right in the middle of a pack. Other than that, getting some attack speed is going to help make Static Strike not so slow, so that you don't sit attacking for a long time. You can even replace one of the supports with Faster Attacks, if it really is that big a problem.

For some reason, every second hit from Static Strike is much faster than the first. If slowness is really a problem then you can strike the air once, then get close and quickly attack the enemy to stack the buff.
"
Silence248 wrote:
Hi Everyone,

i have some quik questions to the guide. Sorry if some of them seem dumb or if i have overlooked something in the privious posts.

1. If i dont want to use deathmark as support for the relics (extra button to command minions), what can i use instead? Something like added fire damage? If yes, should i add elemental focus too and replace something else to increase fire damage even further?

2. If i dont want to use a staff (dont consider the required changes in the talent ree), what main hand and what off hand (shield) would you prefer and what stats should i look for?

3. Do you know a good way to farm the fated prophecy for the helmet? i play ssf and only got the base helmet so far...

4. What about Skitterbots? Are they worth to consider as an alternative to Zelotery Aura?

tanks in advance

1) We only really use Deathmark as a 'debuff' for bosses. If you don't like it, I would suggest swapping it for Meat Shield in the final setup. If you are not yet using the final setup, you can swap it for Feeding Frenzy instead, but the damage will be considerably lower.

2) You can use the sceptres listed under the levelling section instead of the staff if you prefer. You can experiment with shields in the off-hand if you like, but the damage will likely be lower.

3) The prophecy farming is all about maximising the amount of prophecies you get (there is no way to target farm for the prophecy as far as I am aware). Take every prophecy reward that the metamorph gives, open every prophecy Legion chest, spend all your silver coins on prophecies, and so on.

4) Skitterbots can be considered, but with their decreased shock effectiveness now, it will likely lead to less damage that Zealotry (at least when looking at the difference in just those two spells).

Maybe you can try getting the 'Flesh and Stone has 30% reduced Mana Reservation' enchant and replacing Generosity with Flesh and Stone, in addition to running Skitterbots instead of Zealotry. It would be good to support Flesh and Stone with Maim in this setup, so we can also get rid of Faster Casting for it.

Final setup would look something like [Pride - Flesh and Stone - Maim - Summon Skitterbots]. With War Banner socketed wherever Faster Casting was previously. This makes us reserve even more mana, so it might be necessary to anoint Charisma instead of Soul of Steel.

Maybe we can get more damage out of Holy Relics this way, but things are not as simple anymore, and we have to work hard to make this happen.
"
Moosseolini wrote:
"
Geraki2019 wrote:

I tried cyclone ingame.
BUT

Make sure you are taking Resolute Technique to max out your accuracy really easily. Ancestral Call support also allows us to attack from a slight distance so we don't have to get right in the middle of a pack. Other than that, getting some attack speed is going to help make Static Strike not so slow, so that you don't sit attacking for a long time. You can even replace one of the supports with Faster Attacks, if it really is that big a problem.

For some reason, every second hit from Static Strike is much faster than the first. If slowness is really a problem then you can strike the air once, then get close and quickly attack the enemy to stack the buff.

Thank you for your answer.
I like Static Strike because gives me 6-7 sec to avoid attacks before i must attack again.
I swap Ancestral Call with multistrike (+40% MORE attack speed) and it is way better.

"
Moosseolini wrote:
"
Geraki2019 wrote:

I tried cyclone ingame.
BUT

I took the easy route to more attack speed. Elder gloves with "Socketed Gems supported by level xx Faster Attack".
After a few hours of experiments I have to say that static strike is much better for this build
BUT
If you are like me:
- with 2 left hands
- cant aim properly
- cant follow cursor when my screen is crowded meaning that I have to spend at least 2 sec to spot cursor and move it towards a mob
- I panic a lot and just pressing random keyboard keys
- In the heat of a fight I forget to use important skills.

then cyclone+Cast while Channelling+fortify+vulnerability (dont have the proper ring) is the only way I could go.

Ok. There is something else I can do.
Quit the game and start playing candy crash like my wife :)

PS:
I know about "muscle memory" but believe me that doesnt work for me.
Last edited by Geraki2019 on Jan 8, 2020, 1:59:47 AM
"
Geraki2019 wrote:
After a few hours of experiments I have to say that static strike is much better for this build
BUT
If you are like me:
- with 2 left hands
- cant aim properly
- cant follow cursor when my screen is crowded meaning that I have to spend at least 2 sec to spot cursor and move it towards a mob
- I panic a lot and just pressing random keyboard keys
- In the heat of a fight I forget to use important skills.

then cyclone+Cast while Channelling+fortify+vulnerability (dont have the proper ring) is the only way I could go.

Maybe something that might help you out with using Static Strike is enabling 'Always attack without moving'. That way, you only have to worry about your cursor being in the direction of the enemy, rather than directly on top of the enemy. By all means though, use whatever you are most comfortable with.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info