[Archived] Moosseolini's Holy Relics Guardian

OK yeah the leveling guide looks great for how fast you did it, the only thing i would add is at the end of each act i would put a section like "heres what your current links should look like" but what you did is already really good.

So when i did this in metamorph i min maxed the hell out of it, made a staff that was worth more than 20ex, got the double +1 amulet, made insane "on hit" rings, it was insane, dumped about 50ex or more into the build.

This time around i am pumped all over again after seeing the static strike at level 20/20 hits every .32 seconds. So here is my questions, i am going to try to make it more crazy then i did last time by trying to go LL. Do you think there is a way to make this build LL, with savs im guessing. This would make it so i can go ES, and get pain attunement, but would pain attunement work for holy relic? i know its minion but its spell also. dont know if it would be worth going LL, but nice thing would be i could get some more auras with blood magic if i do.

Let me know what you think, i think it would be a fun project this league with all the new crafting shenanigans, and of course ill be posting my gear and findings throughout the league
"
OK yeah the leveling guide looks great for how fast you did it, the only thing i would add is at the end of each act i would put a section like "heres what your current links should look like" but what you did is already really good.

So when i did this in metamorph i min maxed the hell out of it, made a staff that was worth more than 20ex, got the double +1 amulet, made insane "on hit" rings, it was insane, dumped about 50ex or more into the build.

This time around i am pumped all over again after seeing the static strike at level 20/20 hits every .32 seconds. So here is my questions, i am going to try to make it more crazy then i did last time by trying to go LL. Do you think there is a way to make this build LL, with savs im guessing. This would make it so i can go ES, and get pain attunement, but would pain attunement work for holy relic? i know its minion but its spell also. dont know if it would be worth going LL, but nice thing would be i could get some more auras with blood magic if i do.

Let me know what you think, i think it would be a fun project this league with all the new crafting shenanigans, and of course ill be posting my gear and findings throughout the league

Unfortunately, Pain Attunement does not apply to minions. Going Low-Life might not be the best idea.

If you want some stretch goals for this league, consider converting this build to be Energy Shield based instead of Life based. I have no idea whether it would be any good, but there should be some cool stuff you can experiment with. Skin of the Loyal for example.

Another thing you could try is making some sort of General's Cry six link, replacing Kaom's Heart. Or any other six link for that matter.

I'll see if I can fit some extra info into the levelling overview.
@Moosseolini:

I made a quick spreadsheet for optimal Static Strike gem levels. This assumes three things:

1. That we want Static Strike beams to proc at the same time as, or immediately after, the Holy Relic's nova comes off cooldown and that it doesn't have a cast time before the cooldown starts again.

2. That the beam interval increments linearly from .4 seconds at level 1 down to .32 at level 20. I used a decrease of .0042 seconds per level. This will likely be a little different from the live values, since they probably round differently in NZ.

3. That you care. :P

Spoiler

Spoiler
Your PoB says the Holy Relic Nova skill has a 0.37s CD.

In 3.11, Static Strike's activation rate isn't flat anymore. It goes from 0.4s at level 1 to 0.32s at level 20.
If my math is correct (and it goes down every level), then it goes down 0.004s per level.
Level 8 Static Strike would have an activation rate of 0.372s making it activate just after Holy Relic Nova goes off CD for more DPS.

It now has a 2s base duration instead of 4s BUT it no longer has stacks so you can drop ancestral call for Fortify or something else.

Overall seems like a buff for this build. Just a bit slower on clear because you have to use refresh Static Strike duration a bit more often.

Edit: Seems I was beat to the punch.
Last edited by FakeClone on Jun 18, 2020, 7:25:07 PM
Some things I wonder:
1. The order to take the ascendency
2. Pantheon
3. The maximum number of relics can be summoned?
4. Estimated dps?
5. Recommended amulet anointment and lab enchantment for helm?

Thank you for the great guide, happy league start and good luck!
What is dead may never die!
"
1. The order to take the ascendency
2. Pantheon

From the Passives section of the OP:

Normal: Radiant Crusade - elemental resistances and damage make this the best point to pick up early
Cruel: Unwavering Crusade - more damage and area of effect allows us to clear better
Merciless: Bastion of Hope - block chance with stun immunity makes us avoid damage better
Eternal: Time of Need - if we do get hit, this will quickly recharge us up to safe levels

Pantheon
Soul of Lunaris is great for mapping as it provides us with a bunch of physical damage reduction and movement speed. Swap to Soul of Solaris when taking on bosses as Lunaris provides little to no benefit against single enemies.

Soul of Shakari or Abberath are good at mitigating pesky degens while mapping (especially upgraded Soul of Shakari). Swap to Soul of Ryslatha for bossing as the life flask charges are valuable in drawn out encounters.

"
3. The maximum number of relics can be summoned?

Just 2. Geofri's Legacy is the only source of additional Holy Relics, and it gives +1.

"
4. Estimated dps?

From the PoB Code section of the OP:

Note: The DPS in PoB is not calculated properly for holy relics. To calculate manually, take the shown Average Damage, divide by Skill Cooldown, and multiply by Active Minion Limit.

"
5. Recommended amulet anointment and lab enchantment for helm?

From the Gear section of the OP, under Helm:

For helm enchants, get 'Summoned Holy Relics deal 40% increased Damage' if you want to improve your bossing. You can alternatively get 'Summoned Holy Relics have 24% increased Area of Effect' to improve your mapping.
how this build gets to max blocks?
sorry for noob question.
"
dgeth wrote:
@Moosseolini:

I made a quick spreadsheet for optimal Static Strike gem levels. This assumes three things:

1. That we want Static Strike beams to proc at the same time as, or immediately after, the Holy Relic's nova comes off cooldown and that it doesn't have a cast time before the cooldown starts again.

2. That the beam interval increments linearly from .4 seconds at level 1 down to .32 at level 20. I used a decrease of .0042 seconds per level. This will likely be a little different from the live values, since they probably round differently in NZ.

3. That you care. :P

Spoiler

Spoiler

Thanks for the details.
Because of how Geofri's Legacy increases the relic cooldown, it goes up from 0.3s to 0.375s - 0.4s, depending on the rolls.

From this, we can conclude that static strike should be kept somewhere between level 1 and level 7, depending on the rolls of Geofri's Legacy.
"
Hosein009 wrote:
sorry for noob question.

We pick up Glancing Blows when we have the staff. Then, with the help of Whirling Barrier, Steelwood Stance, and anointing Enigmatic Defence, we cap our block. Glancing Blows does not properly display block in PoB right now.
"
Moosseolini wrote:
"
Hosein009 wrote:
sorry for noob question.

We pick up Glancing Blows when we have the staff. Then, with the help of Whirling Barrier, Steelwood Stance, and anointing Enigmatic Defence, we cap our block. Glancing Blows does not properly display block in PoB right now.

So we anoint Enigmatic Defence here instead of Soul of Steel?
Which one u recommend?
What is dead may never die!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info