[3.13] Power Siphon/Kinetic Blast Poison Assassin - Very fast and tanky poison wander

"
Kuromadoshi wrote:
"
Choptimist wrote:
Howdy! I did some upgrades to the character, although I'm still far away from getting into better terms with gear and what not.

I'd like to know what can I improve on a budget. My goal is to replace unique ring to the one that will have chaos damage bonus and the buff effect.

My earlier post was for you, sorry man, I forgot to quote your post. To add to the below - Work on getting a 6l.

"Looks like you have the correct unique ring. Some of the gems in your chest and gloves are level 20. Flip them to 20 quality and re-level. Check some of my previous posts about items to upgrade. Like a level 21 power siphon, PS fires 2 additional projectiles helm. Either temp chains corruption on the gloves or Despair on hit on the other ring."

I must be missing something, but why do I need to re-level the gems once they're level 20 and got +20 quality on them?
You always want 20/20 gems for your damage dealing skills. Kinetic Blast not so much. It only increases the aoe of the explosions and doesn't add to the direct damage. Check the PoE Wiki for the gems that we use and see what the quality does. For example, every 2% quality on the added chaos gem increases chaos damage by 1%, so 10% added chaos damage. Deadly Ailments increases damage overtime by 10%, Greater Multiple projectiles and Barrage Support increases attack speed by 10%, Vile toxins increases Poison by 10%. It all adds up to more damage.

You can sell a level 20 gem and 1 gemcutter's prism (gcp) to a vendor for a level 1/20 quality gem. If you have a lot of money, you can just buy a lot of gcps and add quality to the level 20 gems, but that's expensive. Most just flip them to 1/20q and re-level. For awakened gems, you have to increase the quality by using gcps directly, so a little expensive. You can also have a second set of gems in your offhand weapons, and when you flip them to 1/20 you can swap the level 20 gems from the offhand to your gear while the 1/20s level up in the offhand for a bit. Gems in your offhand gain XP as you level. Always level gems in your offhand to sell once they are level 20. Check poe.ninja for average prices on level 20 gems and buy them from a vendor. Or you can level enlighten/empower in your offhands and sell them as level 2 non-corrupted.

Head to The Blood Aqueduct in act 9 to reveled your gems to about level 10-11, then do some lower tier maps. When they are level 18 you will be doing more damage than they were at level 20.

Check your CWDT setup. Steelskin is too high of a level and won't trigger with CWDT at level 10. CWDT at level 10 will only trigger a gem that requires a character level 56 or lower. A level 18 Steelskin requires level 64. Either increase the CWDT gem level till it says it supports skill gems requiring level 64 or lower, or take a orb of scouring and the steelskin gem and sell to the vendor to decrease by 1 level. You can do this several times to keep lowering the level of a gem.
Hello, Many thanks for build and helps from community/OP :) I am currently following @Kuromadoshi 's item upgrade order and I am not sure if cheap %60 chance to double damage wand (which is equipped on me) is better than obliteration. Secondly I feel that I did something wrong since i have damage output trouble while running red maps. Any helps and advices are welcome.
Last edited by Kutsalizm on Jul 4, 2020, 9:14:10 AM
So I've been playing the build for a week-ish now. I made a couple of adjustments, partially based on Ydoums PoB from last league. My current gear:

Spoiler

Path of Building: https://pastebin.com/hXPpZBx9

Clear and boss DPS are excellent. I switched off of Kintsugi and Wind Dancer to make space for the rare chest and the cluster jewels and, to be honest, I don't really miss the added defensive layers.
The last adjustments to the build will probably be Aul's, a rare helmet with -chaos res and MAYBE a new wand. Int requirements are a bit of an issue for now, I'm 30 off with a perfectly rolled Aul's and don't really want to take a +30 int passive.

Endgame boss kills in Harvest:

Uber Elder
Awakener 8 (Sorry for the Audio here, decided to save it after the fact, so I had a video running in the background)

"
Kutsalizm wrote:
Hello, Many thanks for build and helps from community/OP :) I am currently following @Kuromadoshi 's item upgrade order and I am not sure if cheap %60 chance to double damage wand (which is equipped on me) is better than obliteration. Secondly I feel that I did something wrong since i have damage output trouble while running red maps. Any helps and advices are welcome.

What are you having trouble with in red maps? DPS on the boss or clear? I actually did use Obliteration on a weapon swap for clear, before switching to the explode chest, and it was okay. You also have a ton of space to optimize on almost every single piece of gear, so finding upgrades shouldn't be too hard.
Last edited by Adadadan on Jul 5, 2020, 12:18:16 PM
@Adadadan
Spoiler
"
Adadadan wrote:
So I've been playing the build for a week-ish now. I made a couple of adjustments, partially based on Ydoums PoB from last league. My current gear:

Spoiler

Path of Building: https://pastebin.com/hXPpZBx9

Clear and boss DPS are excellent. I switched off of Kintsugi and Wind Dancer to make space for the rare chest and the cluster jewels and, to be honest, I don't really miss the added defensive layers.
The last adjustments to the build will probably be Aul's, a rare helmet with -chaos res and MAYBE a new wand. Int requirements are a bit of an issue for now, I'm 30 off with a perfectly rolled Aul's and don't really want to take a +30 int passive.

Endgame boss kills in Harvest:

Uber Elder
Awakener 8 (Sorry for the Audio here, decided to save it after the fact, so I had a video running in the background)

"
Kutsalizm wrote:

What are you having trouble with in red maps? DPS on the boss or clear? I actually did use Obliteration on a weapon swap for clear, before switching to the explode chest, and it was okay. You also have a ton of space to optimize on almost every single piece of gear, so finding upgrades shouldn't be too hard.

How did you craft the chest piece you're currently using, and was it worthwhile?
For the chest:

Spoiler

ilvl required: 85.

- Get a Hunter chest with "You can Apply an additional Curse". Additional Curse doesn't have a Tag, so you'll have to roll it the old fashioned way.

- Get a Crusader chest with "Enemies you Kill Explode, dealing 3% of their Life as Physical Damage"
-- You can use Harvest crafting to get this mod, augmenting a physical modifier to a crusader chest has 3 (4 on str bases, but you can block the fourth by having full suffixes) possibilities. One of the possible outcomes is a regular prefix, 2 are crusader prefixes. So get a crusader base that already has the regular prefix ("Reflects # Physical Damage to Melee Attackers") and 2 empty prefixes and make sure that you have 3 suffixes (use a suffix bench craft if the base only has 2). Augment a physical modifier and if you hit explode you're good, if not augment again to guarantee the explode mod. If you hit the unwanted "#% of Physical Damage from Hits taken as Lightning Damage" prefix first, use a remove lightning modifier craft to remove it from the base (after you hit explode). Trade search for the chest

!! You should now have a Hunter chest with the additional curse mod and a Crusader chest with the explode mod, make sure that you have no other influenced modifiers on them !!

- Awakener orb them together, make sure to do it in the right order to keep the better base

- Clean up your suffixes, you'll need at least one free for the crit mod.

- Augmenting an attack modifier via Harvest crafting guarantees the mod. If you don't hit T1, use the "Remove a random attack modifier and add a new attack modifier" craft until you get it.

- I'd recommend crafting the rest of your suffixes now, to eliminate the regenerate life mod from the pool.

- Clean up the third prefix to be able to get "+# to Life". Use augment and remove/add Life until you have T1 Life.

Done.

I'd say it was worth it, clearing is buttery-smooth now and while the base crit doesn't add that much avg. damage, it does add consistency. That being said, it wouldn't be the first gear piece that I'd upgrade and if the additional curse is the primary need then anointing Whispers of Doom is always another option.

Edit: So I crafted this Helmet, it's not perfect but it solves my int issues and I really don't want to spend more crafts on such a suboptimal base, so crafting a better one has to wait until a good base becomes available. Also allows me to use Aul's now.

Last edited by Adadadan on Jul 5, 2020, 11:01:05 PM
@Adadadan Dang dude your damage is sick. 34m shaper dps with Rage and 6300 life. The life rolls on your gear are crazy high. Did you use fossils to craft your helm? If so, which ones? Same question for your weapon. Your weapon would increase my damage by 38% or over 5.6m dps.
@Kutsalizm Like Adadadan said, you have many slots that can be upgraded a few levels to gain for more passive points. Your PS/KB and support gems are only level 19, including PS. No PS helm enchant. Those 2 alone add 3 more projectiles. Follow Ydoum's pastebin's in earlier pages.

You can import mine and Adadadan's charactes into Path of Building to see what we are doing. There's a few variations of course. I take Whispers of Doom anointment on my Ammy because I don;t have the amazing chest that Adadadan has. You also haven't done Uber Lab for your remaining Ascendancy Notable.

A perfect Obliteration wand would be 16% less damage that what you are doing now. So the wand is worth it. You can import your own character into Path of Building Community Fork and tweak stuff to see if they are an upgrade. I mentioned this to someone else a page or 2 back.
Most of my gear is crafted via the Harvest mechanic.

Helmet: Bought the ilvl85+ base, used the int essence to get the high int roll that I needed and Hunter Orb slammed it. I hit Int%, removed that with the "remove random influenced modifier" craft and made sure that I had full prefixes and 2 empty suffixes. Augment chaos in the hope that to get -res immediatly. Got chaos res, the only other chaos modifier, so I augmented chaos again for the now guaranteed -res. I don't need the chaos res (golden rule), so I went for the 50/50 with "remove random chaos modifier". That thankfully worked. Augmented fire modifier and used remove/add fire until I hit T1. Cleaned up the prefixes a bit at the end.

Wand: Bought the wand with the poison mod and T1 flat phys, harvest slammed the %phys which thankfully ended up being a higher roll than the crafted one, removed all suffixes and multimodded.
Last edited by Adadadan on Jul 6, 2020, 12:16:03 AM
Hi! I'm almost finishing leveling the char and near the time where I will start to buy all the gear.

I was taking a look at your approach @Kuromadoshi and I really like it, was wondering if you could give me some pointers on about which gear to prioritize to get it started on the right foot (I have a budget at around 10ex currently).

I'm just a bit confused looking at the two versions haha.
Last edited by Pud1MxD on Jul 6, 2020, 3:48:48 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info