[3.13] Power Siphon/Kinetic Blast Poison Assassin - Very fast and tanky poison wander

"
oregoncrete wrote:
"
CaligulaYzark wrote:
Elder poison mod is gone, is the build dead ?

In POB I lose about 25% dps if I switch my old elder mod with a top roll of the new one. So, it's still possible, but definitely has been hit hard.

Hey do you mind updating the weapon section of this build for 3.14? I tried to switch to the new mod but the damage calc never worked. I'm sure a lot of people are still eager to play this in 3.14.
I'm not the guide owner, but I think you can add a different mod to your weapon to recreate how much dps the new mod would add. Overall, it's a damn big nerf.
"
oregoncrete wrote:
I'm not the guide owner, but I think you can add a different mod to your weapon to recreate how much dps the new mod would add. Overall, it's a damn big nerf.

Ahh sorry I thought you were based on your reply. I tried to swap to the new mod in my PoB and it drops from 17M to 10M. I then removed the new mod but the damage stayed at 10M which lead me to believe it wasn't functioning right. The old mod can pretty be thought of a 100% multi and I was estimating some where around 14~15M which is still very playable imo.
It think this build is one might be saved from the Elder Mod nerf by the Hydrosphere + Vengeant Cascade + exactly one pierce interaction.

For those unaware of this interaction:
Vengeant Cascade lets projectiles return when they hit a Hydroshere and no pierce (or chain or fork etc) is left. If you have exactly one pierce you can line up an enemy and your Hydroshere. Your projectiles will hit the boss, pierce it and hit the Hydroshere. Since no pierce is left the projectile will return to you and hit the boss again.

Id did just some testing on Standard with an old Replica Alberons char, manual casting of Hydrosphere was really clunky, but a Spellslinger setup for the Hydrospere did work really well. The aiming was easier than I expected since placing the cursor dead center on the bosses resulted in 20+ HoAg stacks.
If anyone is curious about how the build is doing in 3.14, you can check out my build:

https://pastebin.com/UXGHk60y

Yeah the elder nerf was rough, but even so under ideal circumstances I can hit 33mil Power Siphon DPS and 6.3mil Kinetic Blast DPS. I've been minmaxing pieces of gear, but feel free to DM me here or in game if you want to know my gear progression in different slots.

EDIT: Adding in my gear here, but still feel free to reach out for more details.
Spoiler

Also I think the best simulation for the new elder mod is to just add it in as +% to Chaos Damage over Time multiplier. A solid wand with the old mod would push my single target up another 10-15mil.

Pushed to level 99 via mapping with this build. Did A9 Maven, Sirus, Syndicate Mastermind, as well as Maven Witnessed fights Uber Atziri, Uber Elder, Cortex, Shaper, Conquerors and Guardians. Also did The Feared with 100% AOE albeit on A2 haha. Deathless is just a matter of knowing mechanics but the damage is certainly there.

Will try to get footage of 3.14 gameplay online eventually.

EDIT#2 - Videos of 3.14 gameplay:
Juiced T16 Iceberg
Simulacrum Wave 19-20
Uber Atziri, A9 Cortex, Shaper, Elder
A9 The Hidden Challenge (Monsters fire 2 extra proj.)
Last edited by Jolo0213 on May 31, 2021, 2:06:31 PM
"
Jolo0213 wrote:
If anyone is curious about how the build is doing in 3.14, you can check out my build:

https://pastebin.com/UXGHk60y

Yeah the elder nerf was rough, but even so under ideal circumstances I can hit 33mil Power Siphon DPS and 6.3mil Kinetic Blast DPS. I've been minmaxing pieces of gear, but feel free to DM me here or in game if you want to know my gear progression in different slots.

EDIT: Adding in my gear here, but still feel free to reach out for more details.
Spoiler

Also I think the best simulation for the new elder mod is to just add it in as +% to Chaos Damage over Time multiplier. A solid wand with the old mod would push my single target up another 10-15mil.

Pushed to level 99 via mapping with this build. Did A9 Maven, Sirus, Syndicate Mastermind, as well as Maven Witnessed fights Uber Atziri, Uber Elder, Cortex, Shaper, Conquerors and Guardians. Also did The Feared with 100% AOE albeit on A2 haha. Deathless is just a matter of knowing mechanics but the damage is certainly there.

Will try to get footage of 3.14 gameplay online eventually.

EDIT#2 - Videos of 3.14 gameplay:
Juiced T16 Iceberg
Simulacrum Wave 19-20
Uber Atziri, A9 Cortex, Shaper, Elder
A9 The Hidden Challenge (Monsters fire 2 extra proj.)

How's the DPS without transforming to strength stacking? Is the build able to do endgame bosses with just the cluster setup?

Not trying to be greedy here, imo a few million poison DPS should be enough for most bosses.
"
zzlyn wrote:
How's the DPS without transforming to strength stacking? Is the build able to do endgame bosses with just the cluster setup?

Not trying to be greedy here, imo a few million poison DPS should be enough for most bosses.

Not sure, I transitioned to Strength stack before getting to endgame encounters but I'm sure a combination of encounter familiarity and solid investment will be able to clear them no problem. As for the DPS cap, I'm not sure, but I would also suggest that if you're doing the normal build, chest explode is enough and you can take a more damage oriented notable on the cluster instead of Unspeakable Gifts.

If you do go strength stack, I don't think the new nerfed Crusader explode mod is worth it, and I'll be transitioning to double clusters soon and eventually recrafting chest with a different influence mod. Which influence I will end up using, I am not sure yet.
This build survive to 3.15 right ?
Hi there and thanks for the guide!

I progress rather slowly due to my limited playtime but using warpath version, just got over 1.6k str and it already feels smooth.

Pushing it up slowly to 2k str and it will rape red maps.

I assume the other version remains just as playable.
Last edited by Idegen88 on Aug 1, 2021, 3:21:29 AM
Any chance of this being updated?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info