[3.13] Power Siphon/Kinetic Blast Poison Assassin - Very fast and tanky poison wander

Apologies for the dumb question, I’m kinda bad at bossing(depends on ease of movement and if DoT puddles hurt) how much would I need to put in for an easy time to kill Sirus? Would the base setup make it easier?
"
CaligulaYzark wrote:
"
Swampalite wrote:
I was wondering, what would be the the most important items going from starter to the default gear page?

Looks like this question comes back a lot, having played this build twice, pushing it close to its limits, i'm gonna write a kinda detailled response. Keep in mind this is for the normal/cluster variant.

First of all, Flasks. run Coralito + Witchfire brew (not dying Sun) until you have Embalmer with despair on hit.

IMO Wand is the most important yet very expensive upgrade. On league start, Obliteration does the job, but a high phys wand or high chaos wand (250+dps or more) will be better until you can find yourself a poison wand.

But if you're struggling with currency, cheapest dps upgrade would be helm enchant, then circle of nostalgia/emblamer with despair(go for Dying Sun flask if you have the embalmers, unless it cost more than 2ex) are not that expensive and will boost your dps tremendously.

Cluster Jewels are close second. extremely important and can be very cheap if you go for slight alternatives (Ex : Large Cluster with only Overwhelming malice + unholy grace will go for less than an ex on the first week, you might even be able to add touch of cruelty which i prefer to wicked pall. There is some for medium clusters too.) thread of hope is expensive early in the league but will become cheap pretty fast, it's a pretty good thing to pick up for if less than an ex.

Third, i feel like Spell dodge boots/Mistwall shield are very important. they boost suvivability massively. it's weird how that +8/10% increase will change your life from dying every four maps to mostly never dying. Same for Stygian vise with blind on hit abyss jewel, this will help your survivability by a lot.

IMPORTANT : Mana on hit jewel ! this will have you remove your Mana flask. if you are super poor just go for life + mana on hit. Should cost less than 5c.

AND: It's not really an Upgrade but a Helmet with Increased duration of ailments when you focus is MASSIVE on single target dps. Run the syndicate to find the first level/s for free, or ask someone to craft it.

IMPORTANT 2 : Accuracy is very important ! Grab some additionnal accuracy on your tree if you dont have at least 98%

A personnal Favourite of mine is Aul's Amulet with !! Envy !! aura mod. VERY expensive early league but will decrease to less than 3ex after 2/3weeks. it's a massive dps upgrade if you can find the Res/attributes somewhere else.

If you feel like you're laking dps Use a 6L Dendrobate body armour (5L isn't better than just a 6L rare, 6L one will go for an ex or 2). Kintsugy is Great survivability but really not needed with all the layers of defense you have. and Dendrobate is vastely less expensive than Kintsugy. You'll want to go for Explody chest in the long run anyway.

20/20 gems Are a good dps increase too (21/23 for power siphon is a must, anomalous isn't useful for this build), and it's pretty easy to get GCP from heist or synthesis maps. but you're looking at poentially 100/120 chaos just of GCP, so not the cheapest upgrade. If you have money from the start go for awakened gem. they're not that expensive (Awakened chaos can be 10c by week 2).

Upgrade such as -chaos res helm are great, yet not shining if you don't have the rest of the build ready. Same for tailwind (even tho it makes the zooming much better) Do not upgrade these until the very end.

in the long run, if you really want max deeps go for a double circle of nostalgia. I usually go for Attribute implicits and accuracy.

Good jewels are also important but are not a top priority.

I think That's it ! Obviously good rares on the remaining slots are important but they are important from lvl 1, so i feel like it's not really on the ladder. Sorry for my half decent english, and i hope this will Help some of you that want to try this build. I can't thank enough @thedeathbeam for showing me my favourite build ever.

I've yet to kill Maven (plaza boss death beamed me each phase), But every other boss (except Uber Atziri, hate this gurl) i had no problem doing deathless this league and the previous one. Feel free To check my characters Zooming_Neurotoxins(ritual) and CenséFaireUnBossKiller(Heist) to have further clarity on the items.

It's been a pleasure so far to play this build again and i'm still upgrading it.

I really appreciate your detailed post on this build, May I Ask if I can pull it off in SSF? i just switched to ssf recently, started off with bf/bb chieftain and loving that so far but I happened upon really well rolled poison uniques (perfect rolled coralitos, witchfire brew, embalmer, 2x obliterations, a moonsorrow) and I've always wanted to play a poison wander.. Do you think its sensible to try this build and not face major issues or will it be impossible to play without the very specific clusters?
yo, leveled this build to farm harbingers in yellow maps.
decided to try and upgrade all my gear so i can do endgame bosses,
but i am super lost and have no clue what to do now.
somehow i only get 5mil dps on my power siphon,
woould be nice if anyone could help me out.

https://pastebin.com/J8EeTPKP
Hey guys i'm thinking of getting a synthesis explodey wand, which would mean I wouldn't be able to craft 60% chance to deal double damage with ailments, basically i'm trying to find a way to get some of that damage back, would perfect agony on the tree help or hurt my damage, assuming I have a fair amount of crit multi (pob doesn't change when I enter it).

Hardest build I've ever geared resists are so tight, but it feels great when it works.
Hi you all, I just get this build started. Just a noobie question, how do we generate power charge?
"
b4db0y1992 wrote:
Hi you all, I just get this build started. Just a noobie question, how do we generate power charge?

power siphon
"Fires your wand to unleash projectiles that fire toward enemies in front of you or to your sides, dealing increased damage and granting you a power charge if an enemy is killed by, or soon after, the hit."
"
aywan wrote:
"
b4db0y1992 wrote:

power siphon
"Fires your wand to unleash projectiles that fire toward enemies in front of you or to your sides, dealing increased damage and granting you a power charge if an enemy is killed by, or soon after, the hit."

Thanks!
Started leveling this build yesterday, have some advice for anyone looking for a smoother leveling experience before transitioning to the build. You can level to 12 with Caustic Arrow, then switch to Toxic Rain at level 12. The tree is the same starting out for those skills and they are strong early on, and it sticks to the DoT theme. At level 30 I switched to poison wanding, and bosses began to melt at 38 when I could do the full power siphon setup.

Use these rings for easy mana sustain early on:

Gear to keep you res capped all the way through the campaign (equip each item as you hit the required level. Watch the rolls, the range on resistances is high - you need 105% total - you may not need all these peices):

Use Caustic Arrow at level 1, a level 12 switch to Toxic Rain. Use the following
weapon setup:

At level 30 you can use the following to switch to poison (use the gems the guide recommends, you may need to take int nodes on tree to use the wand):

You need to complete the first lab and take Noxious Strike before transitioning. Your also gonna want Theifs Torment, as the mana cost on wand attacks is rediculous.

For the tree, I started out going this way. After you get Phase Acro take the Peirce nodes and one poison cluster, this will allow you to transition to Kinetic Blast at level 30.

After that progress the tree as you see fit. Search trade for a wand with chaos damage to attacks after level 40 and use the best option, there are no more good leveling wands until Obliteration at level 56.

Also, look for any glove requiring level 24 with a despair on hit corruption, I got this one for 3 chaos:

Last edited by Rich85 on Feb 16, 2021, 10:16:31 AM
I wanted to ask for some advice on how to progress my build. I know more or less what I need to do, but wanted to ask someone more experienced about order in which I should start upgrading my items. Right now it's more of a "free trial" version of this build with not much investment and I sort of hit the wall with it not in terms of clear speed(which is still insane even on hard T16s) but in terms of survivability and damage on high tier map bosses.

Here are my items right now:

My budget right now is around 20-30ex but farming more isn't a problem since currency is very easy to aquire this league.

The only item I'm satisfied with is my wand which I sort of lucked out with after only 10 tries with fossils. I know I need to remove the life gained roll and aug attack speed on it, but I'm not sure if I should start with that or are there better, less reliant on RNG, alternatives that will give me similar return of investment.

I also know that I should get a helm with enchant on it but these are kinda expensive to get because of how popular the enchant is right now on int stacking wanders, so getting a good base for crafting is nearly impossible right now for me.

After that things are not obvious to me, apart from maybe investing into cluster jewels.

I mainly want to stop dying on certain T16 bosses, but of course other things can also be improved dramatically. Would really appreciate any pointers
Last edited by kn1 on Feb 17, 2021, 7:27:44 PM
Do I use power siphon for single target and kinetic blast for clear?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info