[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

"
YukiSakurai wrote:
Hello to everyone.
Can someone tell me-if loves with hits vs chilled anymies work with culling stike on them?
i think its great gloves even if it expensive one,but wanna be sure if it work with totems

Both of those mods on gloves work with totems, yes.
With my current setup I have a kiku ring and an essence worm and was wondering how much of a priority it still is to get the Viridi's Veil and Coward's Legacy setup going, since you currently state in the guide its even more important than soul mantle six link. Maybe mastery changes has altered this opinion of yours?
Last edited by EatThemInstead on Nov 19, 2021, 7:14:23 PM
"
I have 3.8k~ life and 2.7k~ mana. With steelskin, I can take exactly 1 hit from most things in the game.

I have, 651 deaths at level 97. I level through heist, if I plan to level, because if I try to map, I can't stop pressing V.

Looking at Poe.Ninja, you can see that a lot of people that play this build have acknowledged that and have gone below 3k hp and 2k mana, because if they are gonna get 1 hit, mys well juice the dps as high as possible.

I think it's just the game, and you aren't alone.

This is actually really useful thank you. In a selfish way kinda glad I am not alone here and that it is not necessarily be being a complete idiot with the game mechanics (considering i have been playing since Beta).
Last edited by Mentalmike on Nov 20, 2021, 5:20:17 PM
I'm actually really liking the creeping frost totems, Wallach if you get bored of ballista's you should give it a go. The single target is amazing, and I find the clear good too.

Area of effect can really help creeping frost, as can fork or chain, all of which helps clear even more.

Lollope was onto something!
I know it sounds cliche, but anyone see any upgrades I could use?

Having a hard time finding something that has more DPS.

I can find a set of boots to replace the need for the lightning res on the wand opening more options for DPS, but those options show something like a 4k DPS increase in POB at the cost of like 4ex.

Fun build. Doing well. Usually I'm a full on tank, but its nice just wiping out the entire screen.
And the white guys says, I'll have a Coke then.
Personally, first i'd craft or buy a magic ring with Frostbite has 32% increased effect. Then I'd get a Viridi with 30% FP projectile speed since it will extend the range. Then you could either go for a jewel cluster for added totem dmg or head for watchers eye, but you'll want to do both eventually. A +2 projectiles or socketed gems soul mantle will also be a big dps increase. Also keep your eyes on +1 cold +1 all spell skills wands with good spell dmg / crit multi. And redeemer necks with +1 cold & good stats.

Last edited by Turtles4UPS on Nov 21, 2021, 11:54:53 PM
"
Turtles4UPS wrote:
Personally, first i'd craft or buy a magic ring with Frostbite has 32% increased effect. Then I'd get a Viridi with 30% FP projectile speed since it will extend the range. Then you could either go for a jewel cluster for added totem dmg or head for watchers eye, but you'll want to do both eventually. A +2 projectiles or socketed gems soul mantle will also be a big dps increase. Also keep your eyes on +1 cold +1 all spell skills wands with good spell dmg / crit multi. And redeemer necks with +1 cold & good stats.

I went with FP Cast Speed since that gave the most DPS according to POB. /shrug

Just nabbed this for 1ex

Usually I make it to level 90, so I have about ten more skill nodes left. I'm going to work towards clusters with those.

I have the trade site up for a +1 spells, +1 cold spells, but nothing is showing up just yet.

As for the ring, if it has Frostbite on hit on it, will my totems trigger it?
Just read the thing on the Projectile Speed vs the Cast Speed for helm enchant. I'll try to find something and swap that out.
https://pastebin.com/ktA8eWgN

So that's where I am. Pretty much spinning my wheels on where to go from here.

A +1 to Spells and +1 to Cold wand is probably next. Outside of that, not seeing much of what I can do.

The DPS is there. Map clearing is awesome. Bossing is fine when I switch out to Ice Spear.

I can take MAYBE one hit without dying. Definitely a more squishy build.

I've had two attempts at A8 Sirus. Failed both times. Think its just more mechanics more than anything. I get one shot from some random thing. I'm blipping all over the place, and every time something just one shots me. That's really frustrating. Going to drop down to A6 next time it comes up.

Outside of that, I feel like I'm almost done with this build.

Wasn't bad. With enough investment, its a solid build. Would play again.
List of gear if anyone is interested:

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info