[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

"
Westwood1121 wrote:
List of gear if anyone is interested:

I would recommend for the Ice Spear variant (bosses) to swap Elemental Focus for Increased Critical Damage and a First Snow Jewel for a Rain of Splinters Jewel. Remember that with Elemental Focus you (in this case your totems) cannot Chill enemies so your 24% Cold damage penetration from The Pandemonius does nothing and you don´t slow them.

For Bosses i use: Ice Spear / Added Cold / Cold Penetration / Greater Multiple Projectiles / Multiple Totems / Increased Critical Damage and replace a jewel with a Rain of Splinters

For Mapping i use: Freezing Pulse / Added Cold / Cold Penetration / Hypothermia / Increased Critical Strikes / Multiple Totems.

And for A8, yes, practice it's the key (and Chaos Resistance).
"
pipo2 wrote:

I would recommend for the Ice Spear variant (bosses) to swap Elemental Focus for Increased Critical Damage and a First Snow Jewel for a Rain of Splinters Jewel. Remember that with Elemental Focus you (in this case your totems) cannot Chill enemies so your 24% Cold damage penetration from The Pandemonius does nothing and you don´t slow them.

For Bosses i use: Ice Spear / Added Cold / Cold Penetration / Greater Multiple Projectiles / Multiple Totems / Increased Critical Damage and replace a jewel with a Rain of Splinters

For Mapping i use: Freezing Pulse / Added Cold / Cold Penetration / Hypothermia / Increased Critical Strikes / Multiple Totems.

And for A8, yes, practice it's the key (and Chaos Resistance).

mmk. I'll change that up then. I think I was just following the original guide.

Thanks.

as for the crit strike vs the crit damage, I ran crit damage because of the crit strikes on the Watcher's Eye.
And the white guys says, I'll have a Coke then.
Last edited by Westwood1121 on Nov 28, 2021, 9:08:59 PM
I've tried the pastebin link for the skilltree and it keeps giving an error. I have the latest Path of Building so is there an issue with that link or am I doing something wrong. version of PoB is 2.13.
Prophecy will be removed in 3.17 and

"
Atziri’s Reflection will no longer be considered a Fated Unique item. It will be moved to be a rare drop from Uber Atziri. Atziri’s Mirror will no longer drop.

Atziri’s Reflection will probably become really cheap in the future. interesting
So I'm going with a totem build in endless delve but I'm starting to wonder if FP will be better than holy fire without having soul mantle due to the spell totem support required.. I guess I'll find out.
Spinning my wheels again. Struggling on upgrades. Outside of a 75ex wand and 100ex Watcher's Eye, can't really see much else.

Build is awesome though. I blow through everything. Maven I can't do because I don't have the mechanics down. Sirus does a decent shot of one shotting me. All the Elders and Shapers I can do without much thought. Just sails right trough everything.

Defense is a tad low, but no real complaints.
"
Westwood1121 wrote:
Spinning my wheels again. Struggling on upgrades. Outside of a 75ex wand and 100ex Watcher's Eye, can't really see much else.

Build is awesome though. I blow through everything. Maven I can't do because I don't have the mechanics down. Sirus does a decent shot of one shotting me. All the Elders and Shapers I can do without much thought. Just sails right trough everything.

Are you using FP for bossing or switching to Ice Spear?
"
"
Westwood1121 wrote:

Are you using FP for bossing or switching to Ice Spear?

Switch Ice Spear

That's my bossing setup.
it has probably been answered in some af the 500 pages but why do we run GMP on ice spear for bosses (since that does LESS damage) is it only to deal with adds or something else?
"

it has probably been answered in some af the 500 pages but why do we run GMP on ice spear for bosses (since that does LESS damage) is it only to deal with adds or something else?

ice spear is a multiple projectile spell which shotguns, so every projectile can actually hit the same enemy. it's true, that a single proj would do less dmg, but with 4 more in total you get a huge damage boost. its the same reason why we take rain of splinters

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info