HOW TO: Increase FPS/Lag Less

"
newman92 wrote:
I love how the devs/developers of this game never even told us about this, pretty pathetic.

Probably because it really screws the graphics and makes very little difference in group play.

I ran this for a while and the poor graphics was not worth the hardly noticeable increase in FPS. In fact I didn't notice any increase in FPS in full group play.

thanks alot OP! i dont see how its pathetic tho lol seeing how it looks :P thats an option you should have to look for imo, theyll make an official low quality at some point im sure. Just take a look at LoL, they optimized it over the time and even on lowest quality it looks decent and can run on almost anything.
"
"
DuyPham wrote:
"I found this out yesterday, and it actually helps an insane amount. Before, in 6-man groups, I was dropping to <5 FPS fairly regularly. Now, I generally don't drop any less than 25.
Keep in mind that doing this will make the game look absolutely awful.
Step 1: Find "production_Config.ini". It should be in your C:\Users\YourName\Documents\My Games\Path of Exile folder, otherwise just search for it.
Step 2: Open the INI and look for "texture_quality=1"
Step 3: Change the number to your desired texture quality.
1=high
2=medium
3=low
4=very low
Restart your game and enjoy your terrible looking lag-free experience.
EDIT: Screenshots:
"Low" settings (3): http://i.imgur.com/CClTby9.jpg
"Very Low" settings (4): http://i.imgur.com/JpWx4U2.jpg"

WARNING; GRAPHICS WILL LOOK SOMEWHAT LIKE RUNESCAPE

CREDITS TO REDDIT USER: AngryAmuse

Step 1= get a real pc.
Sorry, this game isn't demanding.

I know people with high end custom rigs that have problems running this game.
"I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine." - Bruce Lee
4 is painful to actually play with but it did remove almost all lag I had. I felt like watching Reboot oddly.
"
ciknay wrote:
"
DuyPham wrote:

I actually only just read this and laughed.

lol
IGN: Nostaigia (Nostalgia)

~~~
IF I WIN A BID OR SOMETHING, PLEASE LET ME KNOW BY LEAVING ME A PM ON THE FORUM IF I'M NOT ONLINE.
~~~
"
Non_Drifter wrote:
"
DuyPham wrote:
"I found this out yesterday, and it actually helps an insane amount. Before, in 6-man groups, I was dropping to <5 FPS fairly regularly. Now, I generally don't drop any less than 25.
Keep in mind that doing this will make the game look absolutely awful.
Step 1: Find "production_Config.ini". It should be in your C:\Users\YourName\Documents\My Games\Path of Exile folder, otherwise just search for it.
Step 2: Open the INI and look for "texture_quality=1"
Step 3: Change the number to your desired texture quality.
1=high
2=medium
3=low
4=very low
Restart your game and enjoy your terrible looking lag-free experience.
EDIT: Screenshots:
"Low" settings (3): http://i.imgur.com/CClTby9.jpg
"Very Low" settings (4): http://i.imgur.com/JpWx4U2.jpg"

CREDITS TO REDDIT USER: AngryAmuse

Runescape.....hahaha I lawl'd lmao.

lolol

~~~
IF I WIN A BID OR SOMETHING, PLEASE LET ME KNOW BY LEAVING ME A PM ON THE FORUM IF I'M NOT ONLINE.
~~~
"
kkdragunov wrote:
I'm glad finally runescape players can enjoy this game

LOL

~~~
~~~
I havea reasonably good system, couple years old now but i can run skyrim at max settings at 60 fps do well in most other games at max settings but this one really does grind down the FPS when theres a lot on screen.

Now it doesnt matter too much what is on screen it seems, just the quantity. items, corpses, fireballs, zombies, lightning arrows everything seems to contribute somewhat equally.
can anyone confirm if the "texture_quality=0" makes the quality better than "texture_quality=1"

~~~
~~~
FUCK YES
FUCK YES FUCK YES! NOW I CAN FINALY PLAY THIS GAME HOYLSHIT.
I used to drop to 0 fps all the fucking time when playing solo it's fucking annoying now I can finally level without dying

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info